Introducing the WiFi Pineapple NANO

Darren Kitchen

Hi Guys,

Is there any wiggle room on the international shipping costs? :rolleyes:

The cheapest option seems to be about $24 to get a Nano to the UK.

I'm not so worried about the time it might take to arrive (although quicker would be better obviously) but if we can save a few $ on shipping then I'm really tempted to buy one :wink:

Kind Regards

Simon Zerafa

Thanks a lot for the response. The new product seems great, both in looks, usability and performance.

I have one question though, which is the same as the one other users said: will it be capable of bypassing HSTS? Will it be able to run SSL Strip+ and DNS2Proxy?

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the response. The new product seems great, both in looks, usability and performance.

I have one question though, which is the same as the one other users said: will it be capable of bypassing HSTS? Will it be able to run SSL Strip+ and DNS2Proxy?

Thanks!

Great cuetion... +1 to it. But i think it´s going to be a "NO" to create DNS2Proxy they will need the pcap library and the pcap library it is not cross compiled for MIPs processors.

Edited by ARDETROYA

Hi Seb, ordered my Nano over the weekend, looking to order an SD card today. Were you able to confirm the Nano supports 64GB cards?

Hey everyone,

I can answer a few questions:

We have tried SD cards up to 32GB in size, but should support up to 64GB. I'll confirm this again later.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hi everyone,

when will it be available on the Hakshop Europe?

Just to know if it is better to wait for it or simply buy it know from the Hakshop US.

Thank you

We cannot stock it until it passed the final certification. The current version is a development version, as such we cannot stock it. Rest assured once it has passed all certification we will be getting it in as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

I wanted to order one, but for some reason shipping is not available to Czech Rep. I was just curious what could be the reason since all the bordering countries are in the list.

I was thinking of using one of the us-to-eu shipping companies which provide an address in the US for later shipment, but then my billing address would be different than my shipping address, which would probably not go through your system.

Do you have any plans on adding Czech Rep. to the list?

Thanks!

Thanks!

I have the same concern. Besides, the the convenient size and power, I think we have the same limitation as the the Mark V.

I am going to buy the Nano sooner or later. Is the current version the final version? Or will the final version just be a firmware update?

Thanks guys!

I have the same concern. Besides, the the convenient size and power, I think we have the same limitation as the the Mark V.

I am going to buy the Nano sooner or later. Is the current version the final version? Or will the final version just be a firmware update?

Thanks guys!

Guys, it wouldn't matter if the NANO had a Xeon with 64GBs of RAM and 2TB SSD, you will not defeat HSTS. I urge you to read more about how HSTS works and why you won't be bypassing it soon.

Guys, it wouldn't matter if the NANO had a Xeon with 64GBs of RAM and 2TB SSD, you will not defeat HSTS. I urge you to read more about how HSTS works and why you won't be bypassing it soon.

Thank you Foxtrot. I plan to hold a seance at Toorcamp this year to summon Moxie Marlinspike to blow open HSTS like he did the old SSL. Everyone is welcome, candles, altars and sheepsblood will be provided.

telot

Thanks Foxtrot.

I presumed that answer somewhat. However, there has been some claims of some users defeating it. I imagine if they are able to defeat it, we won't really know for a while.

Ok, one last question if I buy the Nano Evaluation version, will there be a difference between the evaluation version and the final version?

(in terms of hardware) I imagine and hope that the only difference will only be firmware, right?

Thanks guys and thanks Hak5 for supporting the Mark 5 for as long as you did. No complaints here, I got my money's worth.

Hi everyone,

I keep getting asked the same three questions, so I want to make sure this is answered properly:

1. Will the WiFi Pineapple NANO defeat HSTS?
    HSTS is not an easy thing to beat. Tools like dns2proxy, SSLStrip+, and dolorean may have limited success, but with an updated system even those tools fail. Processing power has little to do with that fact, just like Foxtrot pointed out.

To try to beat HSTS, we are working on a program that combines the features of all these programs, coupled with a powerful HTTP MiTM proxy. We are too early in the development phase to give out any real details yet, but our hope is to be able to have a higher success rate than any of these programs currently have on their own. Keep in mind however that this is not a promise. HSTS is a big deal and we are not inventing a magic pill to get around it.

2. What are the differences in hardware between the evaluation version?
    There are no hardware differences at all. We are currently undergoing SAR testing, which took a little longer than we hoped. We have successfully completed all other tests. Because of this, and wanting to get units in the hand of developers, testers, and constructive community members, we have launched the development / evaluation version.

3. Now that I'm missing DIP switches, how can I configure boot modes?
    While we did get rid of the physical dip switches, we have thought of a way to use the reset button and software configurations to replicate this behavior. This will be pushed as a firmware update along with a number of other features in the near future.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

• Upvote 2