Introducing the WiFi Pineapple NANO

Darren Kitchen

Hey guys, just wanted to get q quick heads up before my Nano arrives.

1) Can i set it up with a pc? Or must i use Android? (I would imagine that it's not a problem)

2) Perhaps after setting the Nano up with the pc, would it be possible to tether it with the Nano?

3) I use a 3g dongle on my Mark V with great success. Will i be able to use that same 3g on my Nano?

Thanks!!

Hey guys, just wanted to get q quick heads up before my Nano arrives.

1) Can i set it up with a pc? Or must i use Android? (I would imagine that it's not a problem)

2) Perhaps after setting the Nano up with the pc, would it be possible to tether it with the Nano?

3) I use a 3g dongle on my Mark V with great success. Will i be able to use that same 3g on my Nano?

Thanks!!

1. Yes

2. What do you mean tether it with the nano?

3. Yes

1. Yes

2. What do you mean tether it with the nano?

3. Yes

GREAT!, Thanks Seb

Regarding #2, I actually meant: Can I use the Android software (from the google play) even if i set up my Nano with the computer? I suppose it shouldn't be an issue.

thanks Seb!

GREAT!, Thanks Seb

Regarding #2, I actually meant: Can I use the Android software (from the google play) even if i set up my Nano with the computer? I suppose it shouldn't be an issue.

thanks Seb!

Yep, though you'll need a proper cable, the one that comes with the kit is power only.

Thanks, what kind of cable will i need?

Might as well try to get one before my nano arrives.

Thx

Pretty much any micro USB cable. If you can use it to connect your phone to your laptop, you can use it for the WiFi Pineapple NANO.

The one we ship is actually for the battery, hence it being charge only.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

As far as I can tell, you can NOT use USB tethering on any phone from Sprint.. I'm on a nexus 6 running 5.1.1.. USB tethering is always greyed out and I have tried many cables.. Data cable? What makes it a data cable? I have used the same cable to connect my phone to my pc and run adb just fine.. But the pineapple doesn't show up and the USB tethering switch is greyed out.. Total bummer.. Also I have been trying plug my external WiFi alph antenna also purchased from hak5 to the pineapple and while it connects and shows up on the pineapple, I am unable to connect to my local network from it even standing directly next to the router.. Password and everything is correct but I just always fails

So bummed..

OK I was wrong.. Found a cable that worked and the trick was to ad WiFi hotspot to my sprint plan, then suddenly I can USB tether.. Bam.. So stoked about that.. Hopefully there will be modules soon.. Especially mana/evil portal and reaver with pixie.. @darren any idea when mods wil be avail?

Pretty much any micro USB cable. If you can use it to connect your phone to your laptop, you can use it for the WiFi Pineapple NANO.

The one we ship is actually for the battery, hence it being charge only.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Thank you, that was very clear.

Can't wait to get my Nano :)

Cheers,

steve

I haven't had that experience. I've run it for hours on end with no heat problems. Then again I wasn't keeping mine on the inside of your jacket, rather on my belt like an epic 90s cell phone. Try clipping it to your backpack or such.

I was, uhh, in a movie theater... Just wanted to see how many ssid's it would pick up. Next time I'll keep it in an outside pocket.

• Upvote 2

I had mine clipped on the outside of a bag all afternoon yesterday running on the battery pack. I did notice it becoming quite hot when plugged into the lappy this morning though. I'm not sure why I was running the same ssid collecting scans as yesterday with no changes.

Darren happy for your pineapple nano my question is are there any issue using it with Macbook via VMware Kali 2.0 Im reading couple of people having trouble with the setup and they not using a macbook so before i order my unit will you make videos using a macbook pro .

Darren happy for your pineapple nano my question is are there any issue using it with Macbook via VMware Kali 2.0 Im reading couple of people having trouble with the setup and they not using a macbook so before i order my unit will you make videos using a macbook pro .

The only issues you'll have is with internet connection sharing, but that's a known Mac problem, not a pineapple problem. There are ways around it.

Can anyone please write down some bullet points "for Dummies" on how the NANO can be used to collect password hashes?

What do I do with the PineAP? I can get it to collect SSID:s, but then what?

Really appreciate some guidance...

Also, take a look at the infusions available for the MKV to get an idea of what the NANO can do. https://www.wifipineapple.com/?infusions

• Upvote 2

I'm thinking if it's anything like my phone it will strain to pick up a network and thus really heat up the radio. Like I said before yhe thing stayed mostly cool when I booted it and just left it there. Guess I should've made it actually do some stuff.

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking if it's anything like my phone it will strain to pick up a network and thus really heat up the radio. Like I said before yhe thing stayed mostly cool when I booted it and just left it there. Guess I should've made it actually do some stuff.

Yeah it heats up a bit when active.

Edited by Ret0n