[Release] 1.4.1 - Codename: Pinaraptor

Sebkinne

Hey everyone,

Edit: We just released version 1.4.1 - see the changelog below.

It's been a month since the WiFi Pineapple MKV Firmware 1.3.0 launched and have since received a lot of positive feedback about it's stability. Now that we have stability, we wanted to tackle speed, especially in regards to the webinterface, something needed to be done.

We are now proud to present the WiFi Pineapple MKV Firmware 1.4.0! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgWfAtXV6Ls)

Changelog 1.4.1:

• Broadband Modems
    • Fixed an issue with some mobile broadband modems not working.
  • Networking
    • Added default mobile broadband configuration
    • Fixed an issue with Clientmode disconnect

Changelog 1.4.0:

• Moved from uhttpd to nginx

• Large speed boost to webinterface. Seriously.

• Much more stable SSL support.

• Webinterface

• Sped up online check. Doesn’t take forever anymore to determine online status.

• Improved some API functions to make use of nginx.

• Networking

• Improved internal network configuration / routing.

• Added the ability to choose any wireless interface for clientmode.

• Added the ability to reset wireless configuration.

• Added the ability to change the MAC addresses of any wireless interface.

• Added advanced filtering of karma log.

• Misc

• Fixed some rtl_sdr dependency issues.

• Updated all system tiles to their latest versions.
Download: Over the air through the web-interface. (alternatively at https://wifipineapple.com?downloads)
MD5: 1a9c1e1b6e4315683bf738c914e719cb
Note: To flash this over the web-interface, please make sure your info tile is at it's latest version.
As usual, please leave any feedback in this thread.
Bugs, suggestions can also (and should be) be left here.
We hope you enjoy this release!
-The WiFi Pineapple Team
TEX7bf8.png

Hey guys… just wanted to say that v1.4 is AMAZING… Great job Sebkinne, Darren and everyone else working hard on this!

Seb: I assume that the functionality to setup eth0 as the client is not here yet, but will be soon, is that correct?

Thanks again guys … loving v1.4

So I missed the launch event primarily because I didn't know it was going to occur. :-/

Would it be possible to get more than 24 hours notice to the actual time of the event in case of future events?

Finally, <pedantic>it's not N-Jinx, it's engine-X</pedantic>

Thanks for a great new release!

Will the switch to nginx have any impact on the NoDogSplash infusion?

Yes, it will. This is easily fixable though.

Hey guys… just wanted to say that v1.4 is AMAZING… Great job Sebkinne, Darren and everyone else working hard on this!
Seb: I assume that the functionality to setup eth0 as the client is not here yet, but will be soon, is that correct?
Thanks again guys … loving v1.4

Thank you!

Regarding your question, we will be pushing the update to the WIFI Pineapple bar soon, most likely by the end of the week.

So I missed the launch event primarily because I didn't know it was going to occur. :-/

Would it be possible to get more than 24 hours notice to the actual time of the event in case of future events?

Finally, <pedantic>it's not N-Jinx, it's engine-X</pedantic>

Thanks for a great new release!

We usually post it to Google+ and tweet it out. Sometimes our schedules change and we only give 24h notice.

We'll try to give notice as early as possible.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

My WiFi Pineapple was upgraded smoothly to 1.4.0.

I really like the web interface speed increase! The Karma Log Filters are most welcome! All around thumbs up!

Many thanks to the Hak5/WiFi Pineapple team... this amazing device keeps on getting better and better... for NO additional cost!

Hi,

Updated from web interface : while downloading update-1.4.bin I have a wrong md5sum :

7b83d843eae616d97fb1611da985ac2f ./upgrade-1.4.0.bin

I tried from multiple locations still getting the same file.

You said md5 was 06b5195f1fede4561d3addcdbbcc90bd

Thanks for firmware update !

We usually post it to Google+ and tweet it out. Sometimes our schedules change and we only give 24h notice.

We'll try to give notice as early as possible.

I was lucky, I was just checking a few tweets before going to sleep and saw the live stream was on, so watched it on my phone in bed. :wink:

1.4.0 is now installed on mine without issue, certainly seems to be faster but I haven't had chance to do much testing with it yet.

Thanks all. :cool:

Edited by Trolljegeren

Hi,

Updated from web interface : while downloading update-1.4.bin I have a wrong md5sum :

7b83d843eae616d97fb1611da985ac2f ./upgrade-1.4.0.bin

I tried from multiple locations still getting the same file.

You said md5 was 06b5195f1fede4561d3addcdbbcc90bd

Thanks for firmware update !

This is odd, the firmware is 06b5195f1fede4561d3addcdbbcc90bd. I just tested it and confirmed that my original checksum was indeed correct. Otherwise the download through the webinterface would fail anyway.

If you are up and running without an issue though, great! Otherwise, re-flash using the webinterface.

If i check for updated, it sais no upgrade available. what to do?

This could be because the DNS servers took some time to fully propagate. As far as I can tell, all changes are in effect now and you should be able to upgrade using the webinterface.

The red light is always blinking or solid. Is that wrong right? How to fix

That sounds weird. I suggest that you follow our "Unbricking a bricked WiFi Pineapple MKV" instructions. After you have completed those steps, simply flash to 1.4.0 using the webinterface.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Successfully updated last night. Wasn't able to get the update through the web interface but the manual instructions worked perfectly.

Looks like a great update and looking forward to working with the new features! Thumbs up!! :)

yes i had the same issue as well last night and had to do it manually as well and it worked GREAT! thanks for the easy instructions!!

Hi guys, i tried to flash my firmware over ethernet in the WebUI and i have now the red and orange light blinking for over 25 min ... is something going wrong ? and then what should i do ? wait longer ? pull the plug ? unplug the ethernet ? im very scared to do anything.

Thank you

Pulled the plug everything ok now... so for everybody else worried that seems to be normal dont panic :)

Edited by steve3333

How long should it take to upgrade to 1.4.0 using the 'over the air upgrade'?

I am stuck at the 'downloading firmware' window, for over 45 minutes. Still at 0%.

The amber light is blinking, and the blue light is solid.

I am guessing it should go faster than this? What am I overlooking?

Edited by Bumblebee08

How long should it take to upgrade to 1.4.0 using the 'over the air upgrade'?

I am stuck at the 'downloading firmware' window, for over 45 minutes. Still at 0%.

The amber light is blinking, and the blue light is solid.

I am guessing it should go faster than this? What am I overlooking?

You may have lost connection to the internet for a little while. I suggest you close the window and try again.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

You may have lost connection to the internet for a little while. I suggest you close the window and try again.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks, it was indeed a connection error...

I had to change something at the Network tab. It didn't got an internet IP.

Received my Pineapple a couple days ago, and is working great now. Thanks!