[Release] 1.4.1 - Codename: Pinaraptor

Sebkinne

did you mean the weight is 12 jiga pound ? so funny i LMAO ....

But seriously 1.4.1 ROCKS man super smooth web ui and no more dead main page, so far so good .... as always me love you long time :)

Edited by Molotof

A realy great step forward! Compliments and Thx to all ppl involved.

A small item on the wishlist in compliance with Cooper: for us Dutch (European) guys, announcements of brodcasts would be appreciated a little sooner ;)

Edited by Byter

• 2 weeks later...

idea for 1.4.2

1st time update check on firmware update tile to check if update is around when netwokr wlan1 is enabled...

*i manually checked out of curiosity and found this was up.

DCHP editor? is there one already or am I over looking a setting? there is some cases where I can see a different dchp setup required..

move the "disable Wlan0" option to say.. somewhere else. other than over the "disable wlan1" option in wifi manager and wps. I dont know how many times Ive killed my link on the ipad this way.. frustrating.

other than that.. so far so good. keep up the good works.

• 3 weeks later...

haven't been following for a while due to lack of time, just tried 1.4.1 and my nokia n900. Comes up as CDC Ethernet Device, USB0. Gets no IP address. Set the mobile broadband config to what I think is right.

Is this a work in progress - needs that connect script like in the managed modems episode? If this should work I'll start a new thread so as not to clutter this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I've managed to get my n900 usable as modem, and I think the way to do it opens the door for a lot more modems/phones.

See https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/32993-wifi-pineapple-mark-v-3g-managed-modems/?p=246721

Sebkinne, would you mind adding kmod-usb-acm to the firmware by default? I think it makes a lot of sense.

Please add it as a suggestion to our bug tracker on http://wifipineapple.com .

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Anyone else noticing thier mark 5 running slow after being up for an extended (a few hours) time. Htop is showing /bin/sh /sbin/hotplug-call clock pulling 95% cpu time. Checked the openwrt site and there is a bug tracker on this issue but the research for a fix died out 17 months ago with no real fix found. https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/12765 It appears this problem was not present on a preveious firmware release. Per what I was able to find there is some kind of issue within the busybox toolset. We may want to look in to testing firmware base with a different trunk to kill this high utilization bug because it is making this thing crawl. I think I saw a section on compiling my own firmware may try my hand at that if any one would like to work on this with me please let me know. Feel free to move this post if I put it in the wrong place.