Hacking Movies! What's your favourite/ the best?

USBHacker

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

umm wargames i have seen the second one that came out in 07...frankly not that good but watchable then hackers,diehard 4 i liked, o just to prove the first comment in this post i am going to up load a pic of the movie "hackers" with the "trust your technolust"

post-10145-1218868814_thumb.jpg

^What version of mac is that? WinMac? Hehehe, nah, nice theme, you'd fooled me (till I had a closer look with the zoom function on FF)

Thanks for all the replies guys.

When I get a chance, I'll put all the movies whose titles (or IMBD page) look good, and put them into notepad, print it out then rent it :rolleyes:

:P

I'll tell you what I think of them once they're rented.

Thanks once again

USBHacker

^What version of mac is that? WinMac? Hehehe, nah, nice theme, you'd fooled me (till I had a closer look with the zoom function on FF)

Thanks for all the replies guys.

When I get a chance, I'll put all the movies whose titles (or IMBD page) look good, and put them into notepad, print it out then rent it :rolleyes:

:P

I'll tell you what I think of them once they're rented.

Thanks once again

USBHacker

ya its a nice theme im sure you can just google msstyles mac or panther.....

Just the way the commentator said it... I didn't like it, and though it cliché. Also it all happened to quickly...

So what movie before Ghost in the Shell had a similar ending?

Also cliché is a noun, not an adjective, no matter how many Americans insist on getting it wrong.

Hi Guys

I put it all into Notepad (well, Notepad2) that is, all the ones I haven't seen!

Here is the list;

WarGames 1 & 2

DieHard 4

Office Space

BBS: The Documentary Disc 3

Untraceable

Swordfish

insecurity

Sneakers

Tron

Real genius

Pi

Enemy of the state

hello everyone, now most of all the movies listed above i have seen and love but i have one problem, i had rented a movie a long time ago and loved it but i totally forgot the name of it and i just cant remember it. So here it goes i do remember what it was mainly about so if anyone could help me just reply if u think u know the name of it. i believe the movie was about a kid around 16 or 17 who uncovered a way to crack a local company's satellites. the main purpose of the satellites were to broadcast anything media wise to anywhere in the world. also the company killed one of his friends b/c i believe his friend told the wrong people that he had crack the satellites codes. this was all done in their garage and the 16/17 yr old caught it on tape of the company killing his friend. now i know this is a little messy but its all i can remember and your help would be much appreciated , thanks a bunch

UPDATE:after searching some of the movies above i believe the movie is Anti-trust any1 confirm...if so renting this baby ASAP

hello everyone, now most of all the movies listed above i have seen and love but i have one problem, i had rented a movie a long time ago and loved it but i totally forgot the name of it and i just cant remember it. So here it goes i do remember what it was mainly about so if anyone could help me just reply if u think u know the name of it. i believe the movie was about a kid around 16 or 17 who uncovered a way to crack a local company's satellites. the main purpose of the satellites were to broadcast anything media wise to anywhere in the world. also the company killed one of his friends b/c i believe his friend told the wrong people that he had crack the satellites codes. this was all done in their garage and the 16/17 yr old caught it on tape of the company killing his friend. now i know this is a little messy but its all i can remember and your help would be much appreciated , thanks a bunch

You're correct, that is Antitrust.

UPDATE:after searching some of the movies above i believe the movie is Anti-trust any1 confirm...if so renting this baby ASAP

Yeah, that's right. Anti-Trust

Weird Science?

Swordfish... i mean... cmon.. who wouldt like a BJ while hacking a goverment system?

I watched Taekdown AFTER having seen Freedom Downtime...

And although they depicted Mitnick as the "Bad Guy" as the story focused on him, from my POV i think it expressed some of the things the 2600 ppls raised.

One of his lines is (Almost..)

"I can transfer money from any back in the world to my account, or to any account but i dont, i could do it but i choose not to.. why are they after me?"

And later:

"Why am i in here and you're not?" (dont wanna spoil the movie.. but if you seen it you know where its from)

I dunno if that side of things was written into the script, or added, but as an evil superhacker who can set off nuclear warheads by whisteling down a phone, they showed him in a better light then i thought they would!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok.. so anyone stating Office Space is a hacker movie should be slapped. Yes, it is an AWESOME movie, but the VERY brief moment of "hacking" shouldn't qualify it for this list. Pi, I believe, would also fall under this category.

I would have to say Sneakers has everything beat by a long shot. It has the computer hacking. It has phreaking. It has social engineering. It is a movie of thinkers and doers. Hackers will always hold a special place in my heart. It was the movie that changed me from a metal loving dork, to a techno lusting geek. :) Thank you Acid Burn and Zero Cool.

And if I may make a recommendation on a movie to steer completely clear of, it would be Firewall. HORRIBLE movie. The only saving grace is that Harrison Ford played the main role.

Some other movies I don't recall being mentioned that may interest you are The Net, The Net 2.0, and the Bourne movies. They had a few interesting gadgets and notions that you may find entertaining.