Hacking Movies! What's your favourite/ the best?

USBHacker

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I realize hacking movies are almost always completely unrealistic, but Die Hard 4 took it too far. All I could do was watch that movie and cringe.

Hmm... Let me just hack in and take control of the f-22 flying overhead...

It was a great movie, but it went too far with

A ) taking over an F-22 (Wtf?) and

B ) an F-22's engine is used for taking off/landing in confined spaces, the jets can't actually maneuver like they are shown in the movie!

how the military radios work makes it all most impossible to crack you have no more then 5 sec different on time IE if my radio is set to 1300:55 and yours was set to 1301:01 we could never talk now they are set to scramble x (so if you where on 697 you would scramble 697 different fqz ever sec) just insane what it would take to even try and do that but other then that good movie well worth that 90mins for the movie all die hard's are good

• 7 months later...

Necro-ing....

I just finished watching The Shawshank Redemption - one of my favorite films ever...

from watching it in detail, there is a form of hacking in it.

Dufrane created this "phantom person" to launder all the dodgy money, because (quote) "he knew where the cracks were"

Also, right at the end, social engineering when in the bank.

Its a fairly subtle reference, but as its a great film i thought it'd be worth a mention

yeah, catch me if you can is a fantastic social engineering film.

You know that guy wrote a couple of books after

Search for Frank W Abagnale. one is caleed "the art of the Steal" the other is "stealing your life"

theyre both written as a "how to stop being a victim of fraud" but theyre interesting reads nonetheless

Is Antitrust the one where he ends up doing some hacking on a Lego computer or something, I can't remember if I've seen it or not.

SO I just finished watching untraceable. Since he had all non US ip's blocked, wouldn't it of been easier to get the ISP's to block the web site? Silly Hollywood.

I don't think anyones has mentioned it, but I can really recommend Cypher.

An unsuspecting, disenchanted man finds himself working as a spy in the dangerous, high-stakes world of corporate espionage. Quickly getting way over-his-head, he teams up with a mysterious femme fatale.

I don't think anyones has mentioned it, but I can really recommend Cypher.

I actually have a copy of that somewhere. I'll have to go back and watch it now. Thats the one where he goes from coprorate conference to conference, to be a spy, right? If its the same one I'm thinking of. I think my copy goes by a different name though.

Hmm... there was this one anime about hacking I saw a while ago... forget what it was called. Maybe someone can remember? A girl was hacking without even know it, in actual fact someone was hacking for her... a hacking group.

You may be thinking about Serial Experiments Lain, a great 13 episode anime where the concepts of God, reality and cyberspace fuse together. I loved it, but whatever you do.. don't watch all 13 in a row!! Your head will explode. If you haven't seen it, I would also suggest Donnie Darko. It's not a hacking movie, but has some interesting things with alternate realities, time travel, causality...

I have been through the all the posts some good films there, Very good !

One I bought on the cheap just because of the title call :firewall

I was expecting a film unrelated to anything the title suggests, however its a pretty good film I thought.