Hacker Challenges, A Hacker Olympics for the Hak.5 Community

sablefoxx

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My core 2 E6600 runs at a steady 50C, I am planning to OC it to about 3 Ghz though, so I'll see what happens.

Never OC with a Stock Cooler.

Why not? Plenty of people have overclocked Core2Duos with the stock cooler and had complete success.

I think what you meant is don't overclock unless you know WTF you're doing. Knowing WTF you're doing includes knowing when to upgrade your cooling.

• 1 month later...

Yes its on going over the whole year, i plan to do most of it in the summer when i have a little more time on my hands.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
do my cisco certificates count for points? :P

this is just not for me :P to much work to do  :mad:

Thats legit man, 3 pnts

Certifications do not mean anything.

Yes they do in the real world where street cred mean nothing get as many certificates as you can and you will get employed.

I'm in if it's for the whole year, you're really prompting me to do things I've been putting off and to prove things I have done, also I am a bit confused on the legality of some of these things.  I got that a cell phone jammer is legal to own, but 'Infiltrate a Condemned Building' is trespassing isn't it, 'Use your beige box (from set #1) to listen in on a phone call' would probably be trespassing too, or maybe something else, depending on what you do, and 'Get Free Pizza (the broken)' is fraud isn't it?

it seems contradictory, but if someone can correct me on these things I would be glad, I always wanted to explore a building like that. 

I'm in if it's for the whole year, you're really prompting me to do things I've been putting off and to prove things I have done, also I am a bit confused on the legality of some of these things.  I got that a cell phone jammer is legal to own, but 'Infiltrate a Condemned Building' is trespassing isn't it, 'Use your beige box (from set #1) to listen in on a phone call' would probably be trespassing too, or maybe something else, depending on what you do, and 'Get Free Pizza (the broken)' is fraud isn't it?

it seems contradictory, but if someone can correct me on these things I would be glad, I always wanted to explore a building like that. 

'Infiltrate a Condemned Building'

Only infiltrate buildings you own or have the rights/permission to (kinda like downloading music off the internet ;) ).

'Get Free Pizza (the broken)'

Watch the broken, they have better disclaimers then i can think of at the moment.

Certifications do not mean anything.

Yes they do. Not in geeky linux hacker world, but in the world of I Get Paid To Do This.

Vako is right, in the Corporate World, it doesn't really matter if you know how to do something or how good you are at it.  All that matters is that you have a piece of paper saying you can do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Good point, ill post one when im done with finals ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

i know i'm late on this but i can catch up

shit yeah, im in

Mod an Game Console (must be a soldered modchip)- 2 pnt (xbox duo x2)

Use a radio scanner to listen to freq. in your area - 1 pnt (realistic 2006 scanner)

Completely Disassemble/Reassemble your computer - 3 pnt (several times)

i'm in. I've already done a bunch of this stuff and several others are on my to do list, like getting my tech license. noobs go to radioshack and pick up "now your talking" its the test guide your going to need. make sure its the current version the fcc likes to change its rules as often as their crotches itch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...