Hacker Challenges, A Hacker Olympics for the Hak.5 Community

sablefoxx

Holly shit this is fucking retarded. No wonder I've been getting bored with most of the hacker community, it's full of retards.98% of that  shit does not make you a hacker, some of it just makes you a stupid cunt or a common thieves.   

I have no issues with people breaking the law, which if you do some of things on the list you will be, but if you are going to break the law at least do something cool.

This is for funs sake, to have fun dood, chill out, what do you think we are going to do? I understand what you are saying but 98% of people here would not know shit to do if we placed advanced challenges here. Hak5 is not the place for these advanced things as sad as it is to say, if you want the advanced stuff go join 0x000000.org's community or something underground. I really do not mean to offend but its not like we will be discussing Kernel programming with guys who want to know how to "hax0r" there school and own someones box using someone elses "switchblade" or "hacksaw".

Don't you mean http://www.0x000000.com/

Oops, lol, kk edited it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see abit of a problem with this

Set #7 (Privacy):

c) Remove all entries of yourself from google - 1 pnt

Set #3 (Literature):

e) Get the Article Published - 4 pnt

Set #7 (Privacy):

a) Create a Autobiographical website with completely false info - 1 pnt

Set #8 (Movies):

c) Publish your own hacker story on the web - 1 pnt

d) Make a Hacker Tutorial Video - 2 pnt

e) Get 150+ Uniq Views of your Tutorial Video - 4 pnt

Set #7 (Privacy):

b) Use a magnetic reader to investigate the cards in your wallet - 3 pnt

hmm. .  ppl might not want to do that and give you there info

but apart from that it looks good fun

Set #7 (Privacy):

Set #3 (Literature):

Set #7 (Privacy):

Set #8 (Movies):

Set #7 (Privacy):

And what is the problem? And you do no thave to provide the info from your drivers license,although there really isnt much to se eon them in the first place.

Set #3 (Literature):

Set #7 (Privacy):

Set #8 (Movies):

Set #7 (Privacy):

They dont have to, just show how you built the card reader, and the others are more about omitting real information, join in!

I think its a great idea, but I am not sure to the legality of even building a cell phone jammer, i thought just possession of one is illegal. . .  I remember an article from some magazine saying it was illegal to advertise, own or operate one, and wikipedia didn't help me there, so if someone can find the truth of that one (just because in bold letters you have "don't do anything illegal")

I think its a great idea, but I am not sure to the legality of even building a cell phone jammer, i thought just possession of one is illegal. . .  I remember an article from some magazine saying it was illegal to advertise, own or operate one, and wikipedia didn't help me there, so if someone can find the truth of that one (just because in bold letters you have "don't do anything illegal")

It's only illegal if you get caught  :( ?

Depends on where you live.

It's only illegal if you get caught  :( ?

Depends on where you live.

I think on most places you can own it just not use it

I know it's the FCC that controls it and they're US federal

In the United States, it is legal to own one, just not use it.  It is regulated by the FCC.  Not sure about laws in the UK / Australia / Europe / etc 

In the United States, it is legal to own one, just not use it.  It is regulated by the FCC.  Not sure about laws in the UK / Australia / Europe / etc 

gee... I wish I had said something like that...

gee... I wish I had said something like that...

lol, oops guess i should read all the comments before i reply to one.  :???:

Sees like it could be fun .....might enable me to lose my noobness :lol: No really I can code somewhat  and other things but never really done half of the stuff on the list. Still looks like it could be expensive if you don' have some of that kit to start with.

Sees like it could be fun .....might enable me to lose my noobness :lol: No really I can code somewhat  and other things but never really done half of the stuff on the list. Still looks like it could be expensive if you don' have some of that kit to start with.

Hak5 could sponsor this and offer a starting kit for a price as a way to make money.

expensive wtf most things can be made, downlaoded or found for free and if yor strapped for cash you could do the free tacks

Yeah you could do the free tasks, no prob but off the top of my head without even going back to look at the list how many peeps on here have a radio scanner?in the UK at least I belive hand helds are about £70 upwards. A fair bit of money for something u are not likely to use a lot.

I really should do my research properly - sorry! you can buy scanners realy cheap off ebay (UK) for £13 - don't know if they're suitable for the task though as I have no experience .

expensive wtf most things can be made, downlaoded or found for free and if yor strapped for cash you could do the free tacks

Yeah you could do the free tasks, no prob but off the top of my head without even going back to look at the list how many peeps on here have a radio scanner?in the UK at least I belive hand helds are about £70 upwards. A fair bit of money for something u are not likely to use a lot.

I really should do my research properly - sorry! you can buy scanners realy cheap off ebay (UK) for £13 - don't know if they're suitable for the task though as I have no experience .

2. Spend As Little Money as Possible

Why not build a radio scanner for a fraction of the retail cost?  If its not suitable for the task, perhaps hack it and add functionality, part of the challenge is to, make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons.

Thats what the challenge is about isnt it doing stuff you havent done before

Yep!  :-P Thats what i had in mind!

I'm In.

This sounds pretty great.  A lot fo this stuff I would like more pratice in, and the rest i've been meaning to do/learn this will give me a reson to learn and do more. 

I would like to think about it and add a few though, expecially to the social engineering section 8)

I'll think about it and repost.

I was recently reading the Autumn issue of 2600 Magazine (still the current issue).  I found a really cool article by a guy named "glutton" the idea behind the article is that you and your friends should set up challenges to see who can get the most points, as long as you share anything you learn with your friends it sounded really fun so i thought I'd post of few of them here for you guys, if you want to read the full article check out the 2007 Autumn Issue of 2600 >>  www.2600.com

*** DO NOT BREAK THE LAW ***

My challange to the Hak.5 Community is to starting Jan. 1st 2008 to Dec 31st 2008, hold a contest to see who can get the most points, if you have done any of this in the past it does not count!

Here are the Rules:

1. Be Safe

2. Spend As Little Money as Possible

3. Don't Cheat

4. Document What You do

5. If you do complete  a challange post how you did it here so others can learn and complete the task as well, we are here to share knowledge and learn from one another, don't forget that!

Point System:

You will earn points for each challenge you complete, and an extra 10 points for each set you complete.  I will try to keep track of your points on a excel chart download it here Score Sheet  (Requires MS.office.2007).  Winner may get some sort of prize, i don't know what yet.

-=THE CHALLENGES=-

Each set deals with a different aspect of hackery, they are as follows:

Set #1 ( Electronics):

a) Build a working electronic board from a kit or scimatic - 2 pnt

b) Mod an Game Console (must be a soldered modchip)- 2 pnt

c) Research and build a working beige box - 3 pnt

d) Research and build  a working cell phone jammer - 5 pnt

Set #2 (Radio):

a) Use a radio scanner to listen to freq. in your area - 1 pnt

b) Get your tech's license - 2 pnt

c) Pass the genral exam - 3 pnt

d) Pass the expert exam - 4 pnt

Set #3 (Literature):

a) Download and Read "The Hacker Crackdown" - 1 pnt

b) Read the entire run of "Phrack" - 2 pnt

c) Read Books by Famous Hackers - 1 pnt per book, max of 3

d) Submit a Article to a Hacker Zine - 2 pnt

Set #4 (Urban Exploration/Access):

a) Dumpster Dive - 1 pnt

b) Infiltrate a Condemned Building - 2 pnt

c) War Drive - 1 pnt

d) Break WEP / WPA (cant be an AP you control) - 1 pnt for WEP, 4 for WPA

e) Use the USB Switchblade to dump 10 computers of people you do not know - 2 pnt

f) Sit in on a whole CSci Class at a local college which you do not attend - 3 pnt, 4 if you do/submit the homework

Set #5 (Hacker Culture):

a) Wear Hacker T-Shirts in Situations that would raise eyebrows (work, family, bars) - 1 pnt

b) Listen to 5 hacker podcasts (other than Hak.5) - 1 pnt

c) Lecture a civilian on what its is to be a 'Hacker' - 1 pnt

d) Attend a Hacker Gathering (2600 meetings, Defcon, Blackhat) - 3 pnt

Set #6 (Programming):

a) Sign up for a Open Source Project and make at least 3 intelligent posts in the forum - 2 pnt per post, max 3

b) Explore a new Language - 1 pnt

c) Create a Useful Program in any lang - 3 pnt

d) Port a Program to a new lang - 2 pnt

Set #7 (Privacy):

d) Create a Fake State ID - 5 pnt

Set #8 (Movies):

a) Watch Hollywood made hacker movies (Hackers, Wargames, ect) - 1 pnt per movie, max of 2

b) Watch a hacker made movie (Freedom Downtime, ect ) - 2 pnt

Set #9 (Hardware/Software):

a) De-Microsoft your computer - 2 pnt

b) Dual boot 2 OS's - 1 pnt

c) Upgrade your Mobo/CPU or overclock your computer by yourself - 1 pnt

d) Completely Disassemble/Reassemble your computer - 3 pnt

e) Use your biege box (from set #1) to listen in on a phone call - 4 pnt

Set #10 (Social Engineering):

a) Get Free Pizza (the broken) - 2 pnt

b) Get Someone You don't know to tell you their Password - 2 pnt per person, max of 3

How to Register:

Anyone can do it, from the great leet hax0rz, to the unknown Skript Kiddie, and yes even teH n00bz! (forgive the leet speek) Simply post a reply saying "I'm In", and i'll add you to the excel document (hopefully this wont get too unmanageable), then in the future as you complete challenges, modify that post!

**Let me know what you think of this idea, and feel free to submit more sets/add to sets if anything comes to mind, and i will add them if they are good! (AiM=sablefoxx121)

I look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

~ALWAYS REMEMBER~

-=FREEDOM OF KNOWLEDGE=-

please include me also! I am not quite well but I have an eagerness to know about this and to do research.