Hacker Challenges, A Hacker Olympics for the Hak.5 Community

sablefoxx

DAMNIT im like REALLY late i know i get times im REALLY bored so what the hack im in. Ive already started lol. Ok i rebuild computers every day, i overclocked a friends computer, i dumped 10 computers of people i dont know lol its my lab so that was easy but i didnt use switchblade i used a different usb way so does that count?? ok i done some war driving about a week ago and picked up some realy unsecure waps lol talk about security breaching.... I dont suppose passing a comptia exam counts?? lol lectured a civilian even though it was really awkward, im busy on quadbooting so i got vista and ubuntu so far so i guess that gets me points. got peoples passwords but it was for a chatting service on mobile phones but its still social engineering does that count??

Ok so all in all how many points do i get??

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a bit late, but im in.

So Far:

Set#1:

b ) Mod a console - Wii cyclowiz Chip

Set#2:

c) Read books by famous hackers - Both of Mitnicks Books (Art of Deception, and Intrusion), Frank W Abegnale's The Art of the Steal (more social engineering, that one)

Set#4:

a) Dumpster Dive

b ) Infiltrate a Condemned Building

Set#5

c) Lecture a civilian on what its is to be a 'Hacker' (When some guy saw me running a few unix commands in Mcd's)

Set#8:

a) Watch Hollywood made hacker movies: Hackers and Takedown (and wargames)

b ) Watch a hacker made movie: Freedom Downtime

Set#9:

a) De-Microsoft your computer: Ubuntu on my MSI Wind

b ) Dual boot 2 OS's: Fedorea Core 7 and Windows XP

c) Upgrade your Mobo/CPU or overclock your computer by yourself: this gets done like twice a year

d) Completely Disassemble/Reassemble your computer: Happens same time as above

Set #10 (Social Engineering):

a) Get Free Pizza: Diddnt use 'the broken' Tehnique, but got one anyhow

b ) Get Someone You don't know to tell you their Password: My Brothers mate, who couldnt believe i could hack it out.. so i showed him the MD5 hash, and he said "Hah, thats not my pass, my pass is ***" Idiot. Also today, i got a password from the guy at the head office helpdesks password :o

I really wanna get on with the HW stuff, but will most probs get the WPA and wardriving done later this week!

• 5 months later...

i cant belive this fell though

its 2009 and i did most of the challenges

i dont understand, no replys since august, no one seems to have done it?

it was a good idea mabey we could do it again but actually do it :)