Hak5 EU Meetup Thread

DarkSenay

Hooray for England! Here in .NL this is something they want to impose starting in 2010 and even 2008 if our health minister has a say in it.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to warn all the smokers, the hostel is non smoking anyways so that's a given but England will be a non smoking country by the time this meet happens so you won't be able to smoke in a pub or club and if you do it'll get us kicked out and you a fine.

Smoking outside is fine though, so we can just pop out for smoke breaks.

We can claim to not know them.

i might have missed a post where you say the date of the meetup, but can anyone please repost the date and time available for the meetup ?

i really need to know that, as some of my holiday are already been booked out and need to know if those days will match with my holiday (hope not) !!!

i might have missed a post where you say the date of the meetup, but can anyone please repost the date and time available for the meetup ?

i really need to know that, as some of my holiday are already been booked out and need to know if those days will match with my holiday (hope not) !!!

2nd weekend of August.

The events/meet up, starts on 10/08/07 and runs to 12/08/07. We will be arriving on the Friday afternoon/night and spending the Friday and Saturdays night in the hostel and the meet up will finish on Sunday, although the finishing time for that day is still not fixed down. If you want to stay longer, that's fine, a few may well choose to, but you'll be on your own hotel booking wise.

http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Meetup/London

I’m in the process of putting a few DVD’s together from my media server(All I legally bought):

Takedown

Freedom Downtime

Pirates Of Silicon Valley

Triumph of the Nerds

Firewall

New York City Hackers

Lockpicking and Hacking - Hippies From Hell

Office Space

Sneakers

The Net

Wargames

Hackers

Swordfish

Unauthorized Access

Antitrust

BBS The Documentary

Johnny Mnemonic

Nerds 2.0.1 - A Brief History of the Internet

Revolution OS

Tron

Pulse

Probably a few others too, I have terabytes of movies so I’m sure I can find more computer related films.  I’m sure other people will bring some films if we have a movie night but I have quite a few.

whats going on... am i too late to get in on this?

The (unofficial) Hak5 EU meet up, arranged by the community. The events/meet up, starts on 10/08/07 and runs to 12/08/07.The location Astor Kensington, 138-140 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London.

http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Meetup/London

Things already semi-organised:

* CTF Wargame

* Wall of Sheep

* Meet VPN with asterisk server (report in wifi found away from the group?)

* Hopefully encrypted channel out the internet, to keep things secure from the hostel itself

* BBQ

* Hunting for wifi/bluetooth/infrared/rfid/random street tech

* Core War

* BBS

* Live cam feed for those who couldn't attend

BBQ

It looks like the BBQ can go ahead, we are choosing a location, either in the hostel (where it would be 18+) or maybe in a bbq friendly park nearby (if there is one) which MIGHT be 16+ (unless people object)

Other random ideas and inspiration:

* seeing the sights

* going to some bars

* wardriving

* bluetooth hunting

* making convoluted and unnecessary networks

* lan party

* gaming

* iptv + large projector

* laser pen + large projector = [1] and [2]

* scavenger hunts

* messin' with phones

* messin' with radios

* bringing cool equipment to pimp

* making fun lil hack challenges on a laptop or AP

* mixing cocktails

* best social engineering stunt

PM me as soon as possible and I will add you to the list until 14 slots are filled.

Once the 14 slots are filled you will be added to a waiting list, once the 7 days is up, those who have not given me a deposit will be dropped from the list, and how many slots are open will be filled by those on the waiting list.

interesting, but i guess i am too late, what with only one payday between here and then, might make it down for the BBQ though, depends on the price of a train ticket, i use far too many commas, shatner style.

Can I suggest people who are coming in on the train book early. I've just booked my ticket down from Sheffield and it has cost me £32 for 1st class all the way! Only 3 quid more expensive than standard.

ok, for anyone still interested in attending the meetup, there is still ample time.

5 slots are open for the hostel, these really need to be filled soon. If we end up not filling these slots, I will have to cancel the 4 person room, which I would really rather not do.

So please if you are considering going to the meetup, hit up #hak5meetup on irc and talk to the people in there about it. And if you are going PLEASE send me your deposit so I can get a proper count of the people attending.

Thanks

Dunno, cybereagle's the one who was in touch with him and he's not been online much lately... Wiki still says he's coming though, so we'll just wait and see.

TomB - Ian (as was explained earlier in the thread) is a guy who attends (and arranges) a lot of meetups.

• 2 weeks later...