Hak5 EU Meetup Thread

DarkSenay

Yeah, I’m definitely coming. We need to get a meeting together so people can fix things down, like where everyone is definitely staying, so it can be booked. It would also be nice to throw some ideas around to what everyone will be doing and what people should bring if anything at all. Even if it’s just drinking for two or three days I’m up for that, but it’s nice to have some kind of structure.

I don’t mind taking a little responsibility but I don’t want to be responsible for minors and I don’t want to have to worry about my use of the English or any other language. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEETUP MEETING!!

Ok, so it sounds like we need a meeting, so I am scheduling one for 1900 GMT tomorrow night. If you cant make it, please PM me on IRC or the forums so i can email you the logs from the meeting.

1900 GMT Saturday June 23rd

Hi to everyone.

As all you can see, this is my fisrt post and i am happy to be part of this group. .  (i hope to became one of you :P).

You are doing great job.  Congratulations.

I live in London and i would be more then happy to join you to this meetup here.

I am not sure wether i will be on Holiday or here, but if i am here, i will defiitely will came.

I dont know the hostel chosen for the meetup, but if i can suggest one, i would suggest the generatorhostel.  Has a great hostel.

I spent quite a while over there and there is everything you can ask for.

How can I join the list of people that will join the meetup ??

thank you.

1900 GMT Saturday June 23rd

Meeting is about to start, if you have no IRC client or haven't used IRC before but still wish to attend the meeting please do the following:

go to www.hak5.org/chat

enter a nickname

when everything stops doing stuff and you're in the channel, type "/join #hak5meetup" (without quotes).

you'll then be in the channel where the meeting is.

Ok, so the one hostel I was looking at is full, so I found another which we would have to get 2 rooms in.

http://www.hostellondon.com/hosteldetails....ostelNumber=524

Also, is anyone over the age of 35? They say they wont book for anyone older, but I think if we have a group it shouldnt be an issue.

Let me know if everyone is cool with this hostel as soon as possible so it can be booked.

thx

Ok guys, we were running out of time, and I had to book the hostel, the Astor Victoria was booked up, so i booked this one, which is from the same hostel company, Astor Kensington.

http://www.hostellondon.com/availability.p...telNumber.19000

I got a 10 person room for 2 nights, and a 4 person room for 2 nights.

the 4 person gives some people who want to sleep early a place to go.

It also has a great location right in the city. I hope this works for everyone. I put down the deposit, 57 GBP but we can deal with later.

The total upon arrival is 560 GBP, so we can figure out how that works when we get there.

Now that the biggest detail is out of the way, its time to get some planning done

Alright everyone, now that the hostel is booked, we need to now do some sort of deposit system to get all the 14 slots solid

After thinking about this, I've decided to do some sort of deposit system via paypal. This is really the only widely used payment system so I've decided to use it. If you know, or have any other means in which you would like to pay, we can make those arrangements.

If you are concerned with me not being truthful about booking the hostel, here is a screenshot of the confirmation email:

http://www.poorboys.tv/random/DDahlenHostelConfirmation.JPG

So, those of you who have made a commitment for accomodations in London at the hostel to this point are:

1. digininja - Confirmed

2. Metatron - Confirmed

3. Cooper - Confirmed

4. dJOEk

5. Moonlit - Confirmed

6. stingwray

7. cybereagle - Confirmed

8. VaKo - Confirmed

9. Boris

10. Shaun - Confirmed

11. wetelectric

12. TomB - Confirmed

13. DarkSenay - Confirmed

If I have missed you, let me know as soon as possible.

Those people who are committed will be given the first chance to commit via paying the deposit. You have 7 days to pay the deposit

If you haven't committed yet, you NEED to PM me as soon as possible and I will add you to the list until 14 slots are filled.

Once the 14 slots are filled you will be added to a waiting list, once the 7 days is up, those who have not given me a deposit will be dropped from the list, and how many slots are open will be filled by those on the waiting list.

The deposit for meetup accomodations is 20 GBP which will be subtracted from your total upon arrival.

To pay the deposit, you can paypal the funds to derek.dahlen@gmail.com or email me to make different arrangements.

I know this sounds somewhat confusing, if you have any questions please PM me or email me derek@poorboys.tv

The deposit for meetup accomodations is 20 GBP which will be subtracted from your total upon arrival.

To pay the deposit, you can paypal the funds to derek.dahlen@gmail.com or email me to make different arrangements.

I just sent the money. Looking forward to the meet up.

I don't trust Paypal, so my balance there is always 0. I need a bit of time to get money transfered from my bank account onto paypal, and then from there on to you. I'll keep you posted on how that progresses via PM.

Just to warn all the smokers, the hostel is non smoking anyways so that's a given but England will be a non smoking country by the time this meet happens so you won't be able to smoke in a pub or club and if you do it'll get us kicked out and you a fine.

Smoking outside is fine though, so we can just pop out for smoke breaks.