Hak5 EU Meetup Thread

DarkSenay

I started this new thread just so people wouldnt get confused with the poll one.

We should really discuss things about venue and lodging, etc.

Also, for now, this is a totally unofficial meetup. Just run by the community, and not the Hak5 Crew.

<=- CURRENT STATUS -=>

City: London

Date: August 10 - 12

Venue: Hostel: http://www.hostellondon.com/availability.p...telNumber.19000 Event Venues: Near Hostel, Parks Nearby, TBD

If you want to be in the hostel, you need to contact DarkSenay via PM and ask, check out later posts for more details.

THANKS!

If you are going to the meetup for sure, please message myself or Moonlit so we can get some proper numbers.

<=---0000000000000---=>

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes would love belgium. Why? yes for the beer- you are bang on djoek - the one thing Belgium does better than most. I would suggest though that most could not afford this. Perhaps see where most of the people wanting to attend are and go with that? Also august is closed season for uni's so maybe if your looking for somewhere with cheap digs and somewhere to hold it that might be feasable?

here, Belfast.

I know someone who knows someone, so i can get grade-A venues that big bands have there shows in (Oasis, Muse, Motorhead, Madona etc) for cheap or free. Hotels are cheap, there is cheapish drink.

Also if you want to make a holiday/vacation of it there is brillant history/culture to see.

I may or may not go, depends where it is and I'm not that much of meet-up kind of person to start with. Plus I don't drink that much so it may not be my thing. I am much less of a dick in real life though.

Hold on, is this supposed to be in the other thread? What's the scope of each thread?

Edit: Nevermind, it got locked now.

Guest TehHacks

I wont come unless it is in London, why? because i don't have the money to travel.

Main argument why is should be in the London: Because Moonlit says he wants it in the UK and what Moonlit wants Moonlit gets...capeeish?

James

Well I'm open minded on the venue, I won't say "if it's not in London I'm not going and you can all go have your crappy meetup" 'cos I actually wanna be there ;)

As Phil Collins said, "it's a game of give and take"... there's not gonna be a place we can all easily just materialise, we're all gonna have to travel some way... a few more pins on the map and we might have an idea where's good.

London isn't a bad choice though because it's (almost) fairly central to the UK/west mainland Europe. I say somewhere in the 'bottom right hand corner of England' (ie: south-east England) or somewhere right on the west of the mainland.

I would come unless it was in London, why? because i don't have the money to travel.

Main argument why is should be in the London: Because Moonlit says he wants it in the UK and what Moonlit wants Moonlit gets...capeeish?

James

Hold on, you live in London, but if it is in London you won't come because you don't have the money to travel from London to London? Also, there are places in the UK outside of London, you know.

As far as I am concerned London is pretty great; it's an awesome city, fairly cheap to fly to when you book early, and previously I went to a hostel that was rather affordable end very neat.

I think I could cram about ten people in my house if need arose, but (fortunately) I can afford to travel, so I wouldn't mind to do so.

here, Belfast.

I know someone who knows someone, so i can get grade-A venues that big bands have there shows in (Oasis, Muse, Motorhead, Madona etc) for cheap or free. Hotels are cheap, there is cheapish drink.

Also if you want to make a holiday/vacation of it there is brillant history/culture to see.

C'mon man, I live in Belfast and as much as I'd love to have a few drinks with the Hak5 guys you cant make them endure Belfast heh.

If they're going anywhere on this island, Dublin is your best bet. No more expensive to stay there than Belfast but with better food, venues, pubs/clubs and cheaper to get to from the US or the rest of the EU.

I only live here part time, rest of the time I'm in San Fran, so if there's a US meet up while I'm state-side I'd glady hit that up.

My next vote is Sweden. Have some friends there, really nice place to hang out and they've something for all tastes. Also its cheap and FUCK.

Depends where it is, if it's Belgium or France (plus a lot of other parts of Western/Central Europe other than the UK) I think you only have to be 16 to drink so you might get by. Although being 14 you might not have the facilities to get to Belgium or France.

Well obviously I'd love it in the uk cos i live here... I would definately go if it was anywhere in the uk, and i'd try to go if it was anywhere else in europe.

Clearly we need to find a nice central place, central in terms of easy and cheap enough for the majority of people to get to. And with a good enough venue to hold what we need, be it house, pub, or big ass convention centre (HA! we wish...), and enough places for everyone to stay! hotels, or a very hospitable member lol.

so hopefully everyone can say where they woukd LIKE it to be and not bitch if its not suitable ;)

I also think it would be cool to have some informal filming of the thing. Hell, if people have good ideas, even semi-formal filming hehe. I think anyone who has an idea of stuff to do at the meet should come forward, however hairbrained, and push it until it fails or happens. Not everything will end up happening, but we may as well try! This could really rock.

Also, while i dont wanna be limited by age and laws and blah.. it would be cool if we can accomodate under 18's in at least part of this whole thing.

say im stopping at my mates for a week (Y)

That's probably not wise, we don't want any angry parents chasing us down or getting the cops on this. This is NOT A GOOD IDEA. If you reqiure permission to attend a meetup PLEASE OBTAIN IT FIRST. This makes me even more sure this should be 18+ than I already was.

I also think it would be cool to have some informal filming of the thing. Hell, if people have good ideas, even semi-formal filming hehe. I think anyone who has an idea of stuff to do at the meet should come forward, however hairbrained, and push it until it fails or happens. Not everything will end up happening, but we may as well try! This could really rock.

Definitely. I think it'll be captured in some form no matter what. A discussion perhaps for later on but I don't think you need to worry that it won't be filmed. :)