Hak5 EU Meetup Thread

DarkSenay

Will be canceling the 4 bed room this week due to not enough people staying overnight.

Need ideas for food on Saturday, I was thinking something we could cook at the hostel and bring to a nearby park for some eats. 

I somewhat have an idea for what we could eat which will be really really good if I can get the right shit, and should be moderately priced for London standards.

Also, we need to solidify what we will be doing on Saturday, and probably have a meeting in #hak5meetup

I was thinking sometime this week during the evening UK time of course, I can do it pretty much anytime. What works for everyone else?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday night for the meeting is best for me but I'm happy to eat most things so I'm easy about it.

As for what to do during the day. We were planning to setup the network stuff on Friday night so we could have a play with that, make sure we got it right so that anyone who wants to build a CTF  game on it can get that done. Maybe a bit of war walking or jump on a tourist bus and do some war driving. Then back, a few games of CTF and then dinner.

metatron, you lucky sod, I almost decided to spend the cash and get off to Defcon but in the end couldn't justify it.

It would need to be tonight, tomorrow or next week for me. Wednesday through sunday I'll be off to Wacken and I kinda doubt I'll have internet access even if I wanted to.

Ok, well since the time is coming even nearer, I will now open/entertain requests for American shit people want me to bring to the meetup. Remember, I can only bring 1 Liter/Litre of Liquor, so you will all have to agree on that one first.

Well you can’t get Oreo cookies, twinkie, Reese's Cups, Milk Duds and a number of other nice candies in the UK.  America also has really nice hot sauce which you can't get in the UK.

I say just bring hot sauce or something Mexican as there are no Mexicans in the UK.

Ok, well since the time is coming even nearer, I will now open/entertain requests for American shit people want me to bring to the meetup. Remember, I can only bring 1 Liter/Litre of Liquor, so you will all have to agree on that one first.

Well you can’t get Oreo cookies, twinkie, Reese's Cups, Milk Duds and a number of other nice candies in the UK.  America also has really nice hot sauce which you can't get in the UK.

I say just bring hot sauce or something Mexican as there are no Mexicans in the UK.

We have too many Polish though.

I'll bring some great authentic Habanero Hot sauce. I know just the one to bring. Every Mexican restaurant I visited in Mexico had a bottle, so its truly Authentic.

Cool, I really fancy some steak tacos right now.

You know what, I could actually make some Chipotle style burritos for really cheap, I have made them at home tons of times. Actually its going to be the next poorboys episode. I could do them for the saturday meal at the meetup. No idea how expensive chicken is though.

Here the ingredients are uber cheap.

FYI, I just cancelled the 4 Bed Room for the hostel, so we have 9 confirmed in a 10 bed room. If you know anyone who still is on the fence about coming, you better get em in on it now.

You know what, I could actually make some Chipotle style burritos for really cheap, I have made them at home tons of times. Actually its going to be the next poorboys episode. I could do them for the saturday meal at the meetup. No idea how expensive chicken is though.

Make it a pork, beef or veggie one and I'm up for it. I don't mind chipping in extra cash if you are offering to be the chef.

I’ll eat anything so if you or anyone wants to make anything tasty, I’m happy to toss some extra cash down on the table. London is also a great place to eat out so I’m also happy just grabbing something out if everyone is preoccupied with other things.

Ok, so unfortunately I will not be able to bring the hot sauce or Jager, I lost my Passport, and will be flying to Chicago tomorrow morning to get a new one, then flying back to Minneapolis in the afternoon, and then from there, flying out to London in the evening.

Sorry guys.

This was the only way I could actually get a passport in time to catch my flight. Its a bit ridiculous, but thats what I get for being an idiot. 

Ok, so unfortunately I will not be able to bring the hot sauce or Jager, I lost my Passport, and will be flying to Chicago tomorrow morning to get a new one, then flying back to Minneapolis in the afternoon, and then from there, flying out to London in the evening.

Sorry guys.

This was the only way I could actually get a passport in time to catch my flight. Its a bit ridiculous, but thats what I get for being an idiot. 

It's cool, just as long as you can make it. Sucks about the passport, hope you get it in time!

Taken from a freebie stuff mailing list, here is something to do on Sunday morning:

What's the deal?

The News Of The World, which costs 85p, is giving away free USB memory key drives worth around £3 (redeemable from WH Smith) as part of a promotion for the Bourne Ultimatum film. The USB sticks are portable memory devices you can use with a computer; and they'll also have clips from the film on them.

How can I get one?

A voucher will be printed in Sunday's (12 August) paper. To claim the drive, buy the paper for 85p, and take the voucher into your local WH Smith, where you should get a USB drive in return for it.

Apparently they are probably only 64/128M but for 85p, even if you put a trojan on it and leave it lying around to see what sucker picks it up, it is worth it

Looks like I'm out of this unless I can get the money in a day. Job offer fell through, banks fucking me around and it turns out i'm homeless in 3 weeks.

On the contrary, I have the funding yet a job that needs holding down.