RPG or FPS

silentknight329

both

Why limit yourself to one?

The question is preference. I enjoy playing Counter Strike (FPS), Diablo (RPG) and Oblivion (FPS and RPG) equally, though I would rate Diablo 2 the best game ever (closely followed by Final Fantasy 7 (RPG)).

I alternate.

i'll go on an FPS binge (usually CZ), get bored go on a RTS stint (woo COH rocks) tire of that and go on an RPG.... ermmm 'bender' haha you thought i'd run out of words then(Baldurs gate, icewind dale or NWN if on a Linux bout)

I think that to be a great game, it needs to be an RPG. Most FPSs don't focus on story, but focus on multiplayer / mechanics / AI / Graphics, while RPGs focus on Story / Graphics / Immersion.

One of my favorite games is Planetside which is a consistent MMOFPS. It contains some RPG elements, but is mostly a FPS. I also really liked BioShock, which surprised me by jumping ship, and focusing alot on Immersion and Story.

It really depends in my mood. . I would say both.

Well, I am an FPS fan myself.  I just don't seem to be able to get into the storylines of RPGs.  I guess you can say that I prefer the instant gratification you get from playing an FPS (You kill a guy you score a point etc. ).  I have a few favourite games I alternate through right now: UT3, CS:S (you gotta love the classics , jk), CoD 4 and TF2.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FPS- HL2, HL2 Deathmatch, Unreal tournament deathmatch, TF2

RPG- do Final fantasy and Zelda count as rpg's, cuz I've been obsessed with those since I was a kid :)

rpg... WoW, diablo 2, morrowind (oblivion sucked), and memories of original pokemon for the gameboy is all that needs to be said...

thats not to say CSS isnt bad.. its just that there are more good rpgs then fps's..

• 1 month later...

i play both but my favorite is turn based rpg. to be exact its final fantasy 7. perfect turn based rpg engine