Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

I'm using 8.11 with no problems and loving it.

Requested feature for next version:

Is there a way to have the Jar detect when you are at the computer using the mouse/keys ect and NOT reload after the 30 songs or whatever it's set at IF you're actively using it and then start it's counter when you're away.  So everytime you hit a key the counter resets.  (It's a tease when a good song comes on and then it reloads after 2 or 3 seconds!)

Also, it's been mentioned a few times but an option to organizes the songs in folder by station....  and even when in Quickmix but not a folder called Quickmix.

I know I'm asking a lot but it's just because this little app is the greatest little app there is!

Thanks so much to everyone helping develop this, and especially Darkone05.

-Spencer

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

So far Razor512 and Darkone05 are the only two persons around who seemed to

have the time and skills to make some corrections but what you ask for is involving

and i'm not sure anyone would want to take that dip knowing that Pandora is able

to pull the plug anytime just by forcing us to use the latest Flash player version.

There's just not enough yound "blood" in this forum to fulfill your request judging

from what i've seen lately, sooner or later the whole contraption will fall appart so

if you like having Pandora in your pocket then maybe it's time to consider simpler

alternatives and one of these would be to have a safe buffer for temporary files

so that we can at least tag manually (or recover a "skipped" song, if possible):  as

i've wrote before, i very rarely take a look at the display of my player anyway...

:wink:

I've suggested to have a Linux Live CD version so that what works would work for

practically anyone with a computer, even that as a "bottom line" remains largely

ignored to this day and despite the &ried-and-Tested modules which exist but have

issues with the grab button.  I fear the project will be dead by the time we reach

the kind of perfection you have in mind:  the gurus have left us a long time ago!

:sad:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:wink:

I've suggested to have a Linux Live CD version so that what works would work for

practically anyone with a computer, even that as a "bottom line" remains largely

ignored to this day and despite the &ried-and-Tested modules which exist but have

issues with the grab button.  I fear the project will be dead by the time we reach

the kind of perfection you have in mind:  the gurus have left us a long time ago!

:sad:

I tried this. I have the liveCD setup using PCFLUXBOXOS running firefox in WINE... everything installed fine but I was receiving an odd error from the PJ webserver in my browser...

HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found Date: Tue Oct 16 16:51:06 CDT 2007 Content-Type: text/html Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=-1 server.Server: Pandora's Jar Connection: close file not found"

I stopped playing after I got to that point but the livecd worked fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a different hack for Linux:

1.  Get tinyproxy, either package or source(compite it then) and install.

2.  Install FoxyProxy extension for Firefox.  Configure it to use your tinyproxy for pandora.

3.  Hook to the tinyproxy log.  Watch for (very long) requests to audio-*. pandora. com

4.  wget those requests from command line.  Use '-O' switch to dump it into normal-named mp3 files.

5.  Use id3 tools to rename it to properly named files.

The wget should be done as soon as possible after the request shows up in the log.

Maybe later I'll write a perl application that will do everything listed above, included proxying.

R.

Hi,

I'll look what i can do with my SlackWare based Live CD, although i already see the untagged .MP3 files

and their suite in the temporary directory.  Well, the purpose of a Linux solution isn't to compete with

Pandora's Jar but to work natively on a self-supported bootable CD which can also be used in Virtual

Machine environments under Windows.  I can't compile binaries but i can manipulate them and create

Slax/NimbleX modules, it will be a pleasure to experiment with a solution that might become universally

available to anyone with a PC, including the older machines (Pentium-II MMX 200 Mhz 128 MB RAM)...

So, i'm all ears.  Be assured i won't be far away.

UPDATE: the songs fetched that way do not contain proper ID3 information.

From all the dialog coming via proxy I am failing to catch where the song information is contained. Maybe it is in the "token" field of the GET request

pandora client is passing to get the next song. There are some xmlrpc calls, but I have a hard time simulating those, nor do they seem regularly.

However the album images may be fetched fine.

In addition I don't see how the CACHE_00? files Firefox9/Linux is generating song information can be extracted. Flash8 is out of question since

flashswitcher is available for Windows only.

Maybe someone would lend a hand about the ID3 stuff? Other than that the milking proxy is ready.

BTW, I noticed Pandora's Jar is having problems working with SSH Tunnel (or is the problem with FF self-upgrade to 2.0.0.11?)

Thanks in advance,

R.

I tried to patch the XPI, but I haven't much experience with the technology, nor with JS, so all I managed to do is to show linux versions of flash to

choose from. However, when I try to switch, FF crashes, probably because of different copy syntax.

Can you post/send your patch?

R.

Hi,

Ha yes, sorry:  there's no v8 under Linux but that was months ago - my

last version dates back to September 29 and the one before that was

August 8 so...  I'll need to UpLoad my version of October 24 (FireFox

v2.0.0.8 + Pandora's Jar v 8.1.1) on RapidShare, you'll get the link via

a Private message here later today.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this is repetitive but the thread has gotten quite huge and I'm having trouble confirming if what I'm looking for still exists.  Currently I am using Pandora's Jar - darkone_05's edition.  I like it very much, however ONE thing I wish was included was automatic embedding of album art into the ID3 tag.  I saw in the past that people worked on versions that included that but I haven't seen anything current.  Does a current version exist that embeds the album art automatically?  And if so, could somebody please direct me to the download link?

Thanks in advance!! =)