Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

I applied mrmath and mrmonk's fixes and had it ripping fine. Then the next day a java update 5.0 update 11 came out and it would stop at fetching id and wouldn't download the goods. SOooo...

I updated java and its working again.

thank you mrmath and mrmonk! :P

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I change all

"DownloadMP3Response" to "pandorasJarDownloadMP3Response"

and "DownloadMP3" to "pandorasJarDownloadMP3"

in the Files pandoraGrabber.html and pandoraGrabber.js and also in every pandorajar.css file.

Also updated to the new Java Version.

But the Grab it Button does not work.

It gives no feedback and no file is stored.

Can somebody post the Code of his working pandoraGrabber.html and pandoraGrabber.js ? Or a link to these Files?

OK, I got this running on home and work computers. Using Flash Switcher, the Firefox plugin that emulates the old greasemonkey stuff, mrmath and mrmonk's fixes to the function names, and I'm using CF7. I'm pretty happy with the functions I have working, but I am still having a few issues, and know people have had issues with them before. In all my searching i could not figure out if they were ever solved or not though. I figured I'd ask and maybe someone could point me in the right direction:

1. Pandora shifts up and to the left once it starts, keeping me from being able to control it at all. I saw where someone was talking about showing ads with pandora? I actually pay for the pandora service, so might that have something to do with it? like it's placing it somewhere else because of that?

2. Album name works 1 out of maybe 20 times, so I get alot of unknown albums.

--- just wondering on the next two ---

3. I never see any song stats for the artists, what's that even supposed to do?

4. Band bio sporadically won't work, and never works when there is a & symbol in the name of the band. Any fix for this stuff?

Thanks for any help and extra thanks to everyone that has worked on this, pretty awesome little project.

4. Artist Bio only works sporadically

I change all

"DownloadMP3Response" to "pandorasJarDownloadMP3Response"

and "DownloadMP3" to "pandorasJarDownloadMP3"

in the Files pandoraGrabber.html and pandoraGrabber.js and also in every pandorajar.css file.

Also updated to the new Java Version.

But the Grab it Button does not work.

It gives no feedback and no file is stored.

Can somebody post the Code of his working pandoraGrabber.html and pandoraGrabber.js ? Or a link to these Files?

I, too, am unable to grab tracks. Everything else seems to work okay - I get to listen to tracks - just can't grab them. I get "Band bio disabled." and "Song stats disabled." in the song info windows. Clicking the grab track button just tells me the song and bio info below it - but nothing more happens.

I noticed in the java window that my pandoras jar cannot find the mp3 file and suggests I use Pandora's Jar in Firefox - which is what I'm doing. My setup has never worked from the time I installed and started using it shortly after the last Pandora change earlier this month.

I've included all the fixes, read all 86 pages of this thread, and updated my java version. I'm using Firefox 2.0 with NoScripts extension (allowing pandora and pandoras jar, etc.).

I was able to find the mp3 files pandora.com puts on my computer - in my Temporary Internet Files/IEContent5. But it looks like only the first mp3 is loaded into that area of my hard drive - after the first mp3 is loaded, I can't find a new mp3 file anywhere (and yes, I know they are not listed with the .mp3 extension).

I can't see how my McAfee firewall might be blocking the java connection to localhost (the java window shows connection to my network just fine - it just can't find the mp3 files).

Anyone have any ideas for me?

JoeNoob

I've included all the fixes' date=' read all 86 pages of this thread, and updated my java version. I'm using Firefox 2.0 with NoScripts extension (allowing pandora and pandoras jar, etc.).

[/quote']

You musn't allow pandora, only allow localhost.

But I don't think it will solve your problem. Sorry.

You're right, Birra. The connection is working perfectly and I can listen to music just fine. I just can't grab tracks because PJ can't find the files. And neither can I. I hope Pandora hasn't solved the timeshifting "problem" yet.

JoeNoob

I have exactly the same problem as joenoob. I did try Razor512s solution, but its the same thing there.

The only difference to joenoob seems to be that the files are saved in

C:Dokumente und EinstellungenUSERNAMEtLokale EinstellungenTempplugtmp

Is it possible, that the file-path is hardcoded for an english windows?

Hi, there is an option to run multiple instances of pandora on same machine... but PJ doesn't work good in multiple instances, it gets wrong artist name and so on (from first instance) - I didn't check a music.

If it will be able to run multiple instances of PJ, it will be able to get music much faster xN - where N number of instances.

No it's not working with multiple instances as every instance will be saving the temporary files into the same folder and that will confuse PJ. And don't you think it's a bit greedy to want to get the music even faster? I think that has nothing to do with a music lover - much less of a use of PJ as time-shift app only - anymore...

Just a thought...

As an alternative to all these attempts to rip the Pandora mp3s direct, perhaps you might like to consider the solution that I turned to after very limited success with the methods discussed at such great length above.

I use a program called Replay Music http://www.applian.com/replay-music/index....aming-media.com . You have to buy it (shock; horror), or you can download a free trial, but it's very useful. It records tracks you listen to on Pandora (or any other internet source), and then tags them using Gracenote. It works pretty well; a bloody sight more reliably than any other method I've tried.

Just a thought...

As an alternative to all these attempts to rip the Pandora mp3s direct, perhaps you might like to consider the solution that I turned to after very limited success with the methods discussed at such great length above.

I use a program called Replay Music http://www.applian.com/replay-music/index....aming-media.com . You have to buy it (shock; horror), or you can download a free trial, but it's very useful. It records tracks you listen to on Pandora (or any other internet source), and then tags them using Gracenote. It works pretty well; a bloody sight more reliably than any other method I've tried.

I used that too, but the cut function doesn't work that well.

But the names & stuff work pretty well :).

I still think Pandora's Jar is better.

You're right, Birra. The connection is working perfectly and I can listen to music just fine. I just can't grab tracks because PJ can't find the files. And neither can I. I hope Pandora hasn't solved the timeshifting "problem" yet.

JoeNoob

Have you got the right flash?

Try clearing your cache and stuff.

Have you got the right flash?

Try clearing your cache and stuff.

Birra,

After clearing the local settings/temp folder a couple times and making sure I had ALL Razor512's fixes in place, it now works as advertised.

Here's what I did:

1. Rolled back to Flash 8

2. Made sure the C:Documents and Settings[username]Application DataMozillaFirefoxpluginreg.dat fix was correct (changed all references to Flash version 8 to Flash v 9)

3. Cleared the local settings/temp folder twice (restarted PC in between cleanings)

4. Used Razor512's PJ installer (WOW, how easy can it get?!!)

As I am away from my computer often, it's nice to be able to listen to the music whenever I wish - especially the songs I like best.

JoeNoob

Just a thought...

I used that too, but the cut function doesn't work that well.

But the names & stuff work pretty well :).

I still think Pandora's Jar is better.

You can adjust the parameters by which Replay divides tracks. And you don't need 87 pages of discussion to get good results.

You can adjust the parameters by which Replay divides tracks. And you don't need 87 pages of discussion to get good results.

Hey bode

yes that's true. You can buy and use it.

I stick to pandora jar cause it works well for me. Right it was some work to set it up. Right it is still under development (I hope) and not all bugs are fixed.

It's a difference to have a Open Source Programm development by some cool guys or one developed by a Company.

I like that Pandora Jar "Scrobbles" My Songs to LastFM.

And I like that I can just set the volume to zero in Pandora and watch some Videoclips or take a Phonecall on Skype.

As fare as I know Replay Music recordes the WAV track from the Soundcard.

I realy hope Pandora Jar gets better and better ..

The Feature that It grabs the Lyrics and the Album Art is not working for me right now but I hope it will soon.

Guess there is a right programm for everyone of us.

see nothing and that grab this track button or what ever does nothing !!

Here's what I did:

Step A. Do either:

1. Razor512 built a nice installer that worked great for me. Get it at http://www.mediafire.com/?2nwnmmi4ina

OR -

2. Use MrMath's solution.

0) Make a backup copy of pandoraGrabber.js in the pandorajs folder.

1) Open pandoraGrabber.js in your favorite editor. Note that Windows users may need to use WordPad instead of Notepad

2) Replace every instance of "downloadMP3" with "pandorasJarDownloadMP3"

3) Replace every instance of "downloadMP3Response" with "pandorasJarDownloadMP3Response"

4) Save the new file

Start pandora over again.

A better idea would be to replace the name of the function with something random. This way they can't do it again. For example' date=' replace "downloadMP3" with "IloveToDownalodMP3s" or replace "downloadMP3Response" with "fxzqrste".

Step B. (from Razor512) Do this step no matter which choice you take in step A.

(firefox has to be closed while doing this)

Step 1: Go to C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEApplication DataMozillaFirefox

Step 2: Right click on a file named pluginreg.dat

Step 3: open with notepad

Step 4: Press Ctrl + F

Step 5: type in the word "flash" then press enter

you will see a line named(example)

Code:

$

Shockwave Flash 8.0 xxx R22|$

Shockwave Flash|$

0|application/x-shockwave-flash|Macromedia Flash movie|swf|$

Step 6: locate the 8.0 xxx R22

Step 7: replace the 8.0 xxx R22

with

9.0.21 d55

then save changes and close

after that open your pandora again

you will need Firefox as the program only works with Firefox

second, you will need flash player 8, flash player 9 will not work with this

uninstalling flash 9 from Firefox http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash_plugin#Uninstalling_Flash

copy of flash 8 if you cant find it http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=flashp

3rd, you will need java runtime installed

Step C. Clear the temp folder.

You may have to clear out the C:Documents and Settings[username']Local SettingsTemp directory, restart the computer, clear out the Temp directory again, then start PJ. Should work if you've done ALL the above.

JoeNoob

OK, just test pandora's account with gf's nonpaid account and everything lines up, but when using my paid subscription, it shifts up and to the left quite a bit. I suppose that's why some of us have that issue and noone else does or has a fix for it. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this so that I don't have to recreate all of my stations? I have alot of time spent on rating songs etc in several different stations so I really don't want to have to redo everything. Please let me know. Thanks.

Find pandorajar.css, it's located in skinsdefaultcss in you Pandora directory. Edit with notepad and find the following section:

#TunerContainer iframe {

width:684px;

height:360px;

margin-left:-44px;

margin-top:-110px;

border:0 solid;

}

Margin-left and margin-top offset for the ads. Adjust these values to get the player to position correctly. Save the file and then reload Pandora's Jar.