Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got everything right except I keep getting an error saying unable to rip mp3 unable to find file make sure you have pandora running in a FireFox browser. Which I do. So not sure how to trouble shoot that. Any suggestions? Thanks

Are you sure you have the right flash?

i did everything i read to do with the applications and extensions to get it to flash 8 (sorry im pretty new to this) amazing concept, just being new to this i cant get it to work, to clarify, it IS working for some people correct?

and thanks very much in advance for any help

I'm pretty sure I have the right flash. I got it from the noobs guide. I can see and hear everything from pandora. I edited the js and html file to get the grab button working. I even tried it on cruise. It just keeps saying unable to find file and can't rip mp3 in the padnora jar window. I wonder what file it can't find to make it think I'm not running it in FireFox? Do you need a different version of FireFox? I'm running 1.5.0.10.

ok ok.. i see it but i doesn't work.. this is the porblem and i've Replaceed every instance of "downloadMP3" with "pandorasJarDownloadMP3" and every instance of "downloadMP3Response" with "pandorasJarDownloadMP3Response" but probably the problem is an other..

For everybody having the failure "unable to rip mp3 unable to find file make sure you have pandora running in a FireFox browser." here is a possible solution:

The program seems to handle each file in the firefox temp directory and looks, if it is a part of the mp3 file. If not (in the temp dir are hundreds of temporary files with no context to pandora), it gets an error and continues with the next file. After (per default) 10 errors it stops trying to find the mp3 files with the error message "unable to rip mp3 unable to find file make sure you have pandora running in a FireFox browser." (even though firefox is used!).

I fixed the problem setting in the file "default.properties" the value of mp3.retry.count to 100. I think maybe you have to restart the pandora.jar server after some hours, but it worked properly without any failure.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello there,

I have problems with. I can't rip anyting att all. I have installed everything and I have also installed the flash player 8 with the switcher for FF, but there is no way to catch anything and moreover if I switch to Flash 8 Pandora.Jar ask me for flash player, but when I switch to Flash 8 FF tell me everything is ok.

Can anybody tell me what I wrong or wich is the right way to make this tool working?

I have Xp Sp.2 with FF 2.0.0.3

Solved...as I read on Forum. Thanks

But I have some questions for the expert people.

Running Pandora's Jar it creates a directory called "C:PandoraPandoramp3mp3"

well right now I wish to change that directory in another one much more usefull for me and, second, I wish to know if there is a possibility to create, while ripping, a classifications directories.

For i.e. if I want to rip Jazz music I don't weant a directory like that:

C:PandoraPandoramp3mp3authorsongs

but this one

C:PandoraPandoramp3mp3jazzauthorsongs

Hope this is clear with my bad english.

thank

cra

I've downloaded and followed everything but there is so much info and jargan that i just can't understand well.

i'm on windows xp, flash 8, using firefox. it doesn't seem to be downloading any songs. can you tell me the current steps to make this program work starting at the beginning... after downloading

I've downloaded and followed everything but there is so much info and jargan that i just can't understand well.

i'm on windows xp, flash 8, using firefox. it doesn't seem to be downloading any songs. can you tell me the current steps to make this program work starting at the beginning... after downloading

I have got the same problem like you, but, be sure, you must read very well the post where is ponted what to do.

Look up at this:

http://www.hak5.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t...asc&start=0

and follow the discussion

bye

cra

Okay...I just got pandora on the recommendation of like 15 of my friends, and of course it won't work =(

I read through 'bout 30 pages of the thread, but nothing seemed to apply to my problem.

I Installed pandora in the default location, firefox is version 2.0.0.3 and in default location, and I have latest Java, Flash 8, and everything else that was on the noob's guide.

My problem is:

I run the .jar file, and the pandora's jar window comes on, gives the message "[ready, let's grab some MP3's]", but when i type http://localhost/ in the browser, nothing comes up. I DON'T get a 404, it just gives me a blank page, and the page is fully loaded.

The closest i can get to getting it to work is by clicking the "pandoragrabber" firefox document included in the download, when i do that it comes up with this: http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/serveFile.aspx?af=9072

The song plays on my speakers, and on the bottom it says it grabbed it, after a brief countdown, but nothing is being grabbed.

I'm probably just making a stupid mistake, but I would really appreciate help! thx!

(sorry if I rambled on a bit too much, I just always get frustrated with people who don't explain their problem thoroughly)

All was fine yesterday. Today the mp3s will not appear in the Pandora folder, both with manual grab and cruise control. I tried upgrading the jar to v7.4.0.CF5 to solve it, but no joy. Anyone else suddenly having problems? Any ideas?

Conqueror:

Are you using CF7? Have you tried changing the server.port setting in your default.properties file for Pandora's Jar? The changelog for CF7 says you shouldn't use port 80, even though that's what it's set to by default. If you're not using CF7, you should be using the batch file to launch it, and specifying the port number on the command-line when you run the batch file. Although, if you're not using Beta CF7 you should probably grab the latest to have any chance of getting it to work.

hhh:

Upgrade to Beta CF7... it's been out since January and is in the third sticky post on this forum. There's also several other fixes even for CF7 here on the forum to get it to actually download.