Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All is well again. I'm almost positive that the fault was a corrupt Flash Switcher extension. I installed it from addons.mozilla.org but when I changed flash versions the "Flash successfully installed" window wasn't appearing. Installing it from the author's site seems to have done the trick...

http://www.sephiroth.it/weblog/archives/20...for_firefox.php

• 1 month later...

So, Pandora has a schmancy new appearance that's making my Jar go a little nuts.  The applet running shows this:

DEBUG [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor. java:150) - file b02073. au is not an mp3

DEBUG [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor. java:119) - recent non mp3 file found: b02073. au

- will continue to next file

DEBUG [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor. java:150) - file b02072. au is not an mp3

DEBUG [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor. java:119) - recent non mp3 file found: b02072. au

- will continue to next file

Starting around 4400 and counting down to 1.  It's unable to locate the temp file anymore, and at first is going through what seems to be random folders-- it's pulling up recent audacity and clamwin scheduler files.

What?

• 1 month later...

I followed all the instructions from the noobs guide.  I tried it on Flash Player v8 and then on Flash Player v9.  I have Microsoft XP with Service Pack 2.  I have Firefox.  I downloaded Pandora Beta 7. 4. 0 and saved it to my "C" drive.  I have LastFm, my sn is Nameles1 and I have Pandora sn blackknight91@comcast. net.  Under settings:

Lastfm

User: Nameles1 Password:******** Last. fm Data: ON

Grabber

PandoraUserName:blackknight91@comcast. net Style: Pandora

Add to iTunes Library: OFF

CDDB Lookup: OFF Cruise Control: ON (I tried off as well) Songs before Reload: 30

It loads pandora, plays music but it only gets as far as Retrieving artist xxx bio. . .  and nothing no saving nothing it will play that song until the next and the same thing will happen nothing

Please what am I doing wrong?

Well, It looks like I cant get this thing to work. I'm running firefox 2.0.0.4. When I use PJ 7.4.0 it wont download mp3s. Using noscript I have turned off www.pandora.com avoiding the upgrade flash error. The grab button doesnt work. I can hear the music just fine but it wont download. I'm currently using flash 8. Any Ideas?

Well, It looks like I cant get this thing to work. I'm running firefox 2.0.0.4. When I use PJ 7.4.0 it wont download mp3s. Using noscript I have turned off www.pandora.com avoiding the upgrade flash error. The grab button doesnt work. I can hear the music just fine but it wont download. I'm currently using flash 8. Any Ideas?

I'm having the same exact problem

I'm having the same exact problem

the grab problems were fixed a while back

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php/topic,6014.0.html

Hey, I found this program a few days ago and have been trying to get it to work.  I am failing miserably.

I am using a Mac and have relatively no experience using it compared to Windows since I just got this laptop a couple months ago.

What I am wondering is:

1.  if someone has written a walk through for Mac users (I haven't been able to find one)

2.  If this program even still works because I from what I've read Pandora updated which caused some problems.

So far I have:

-edited the pandoraGrabber. js file

-downgraded to flash 8r22

edit:

I checked for the pluginreg.dat file and there are 2 for macs. 1 of them seems like it was meant for windows though and it says "Shockwave Flash 9.0  r45|$" instead of the 8.0 stuff so I didn't edit anything. And the other one doesn't have a line anything like that in it. (I say it looks like it was meant for windows because of the address locations within it (eg. C:/Program Files...))

also...

when I run pandora.jar it says:

"Welcome to Pandora's Jar

Attempting to lauch on port 80...unable to launch: Permission denied"

Okay, so I have managed to get it to run by manually running some of the commands that are in the .sh file in Terminal.

The only problem now is that when I run it, the thing tells me to update my Flash. Anyone know how to fix that for Mac?

Since I couldn't come up with anything I upgraded back to the latest version of flash. Pandora loads and plays and everything goes well including the last.fm stuff but it cannot grab the mp3 and gives me an error when it tries to grab stats on the song. I have pasted the errors shown in the client window below (I am using Firefox):

localhost connected to server.

unable to retrieve top fans from last.fm: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

I've tried running flash 8 but the windows walkthroughs don't work for mac.

I guess I shouldn't have striked out so much in the last post...

I checked for the pluginreg.dat file and there are 2 for macs. 1 of them seems like it was meant for windows though and it says "Shockwave Flash 9.0  r45|$" instead of the 8.0 stuff so I didn't edit anything. And the other one doesn't have a line anything like that in it. (I say it looks like it was meant for windows because of the address locations within it (eg. C:/Program Files...))

As you can see, it doesn't seem like the same trick is going to work for Macs with the pluginreg.dat file. There are two and they don't seem to update since even after I uninstalled flash 9 and installed flash 8 it still said "Shockwave Flash 9.0 r45|$" And the other pluginreg.dat file doesn't mention flash at all in it.

Have you heard of anyone getting this to work on mac?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to rip my hair out.

Here is my log:

eturn s. t()}function s_dc(un){var s=s_gi(un,1);return s. t()}' failed: ReferenceError: "window" is not defined.  (httpunit#89(eval)#1(Function); line 1)

unable to retrieve top fans from last. fm: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

unable to retrieve top fans from last. fm: top friends not found

unable to retrieve top fans from last. fm: top friends not found

Please help! What do I do?

Looks like I'm not the only with a problem.

I just heard about this today, and thought I'd check it out, but I hit a problem.  I've extracted it (the Beta CF version, but it was the same with the other one), checked to make sure I've got Flash 8, Fx 2. 0. 0. 5, changed the line in the Fx profile, and I'd post my Java version if I could find it.

The problem comes when I click "pandora. bat" and try to get it to run.  A command prompt window appears, spawns the Java window, flashes a "System could not find the specified path" error, opens a Fx tab, then closes itself.  I'm left with a tab titled "Pandora/Pandora's Jar," but it only loads.  Forever.  I tried clicked on pandoraGrabber. html, and I get the attached screenshot.  I heard mumblings about having to change some filenames, but I didn't understand if I had to do that, or if that fixed a different problem.  Here's the last section from the . log:

07-20@22:09:06 INFO main client.Client - initing app
07-20@22:09:06 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - running 
07-20@22:09:06 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - Welcome to Pandora's Jar

07-20@22:09:06 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - Attempting to lauch on port 8085...
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - OK!

07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - [ready, lets grab some MP3's!!!]

07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - localhost connected to server.

07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - handling request
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - processing url: GET / HTTP/1.1
07-20@22:09:07 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - processing request with action: null
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - processing static request. path: GET / HTTP/1.1
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - path = 
07-20@22:09:07 DEBUG Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - using path: pandoraGrabber.html
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - documentType = HTML
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - fileType = HTML
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - localhost connected to server.

07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - handling request
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 server.Server - processing url: GET /js/prototype-1.4.0.js HTTP/1.1
07-20@22:09:07 DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - processing request with action: null
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - processing static request. path: GET /js/prototype-1.4.0.js HTTP/1.1
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - path = js/prototype-1.4.0.js
07-20@22:09:07 DEBUG Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - using path: js/prototype-1.4.0.js
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - documentType = JS
07-20@22:09:07 INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - fileType = JS

hxxp: img146. imageshack. us/img146/4989/pjdz5. png is the screenshot.  (I couldn't get an inline link or a direct link to the picture, sorry. )

This is my first post on these forums, so first I'd like to thank the folks who worked so hard on this hack.  Excellent work!

I have Pandora Jar working perfectly on my XP machine, and wanted to see if I could get it up and functioning on my Mac (OS X 10. 4).  These forums have provided an invaluable resource in getting this working, and I'm almost there.

Where I'm getting stuck is getting it to rip the mp3's.  I've followed all additional hacks on these forums, including re-creating the . sh file in vi.  Here are the errors I'm getting:

om]
DEBUG [Thread-2] (Server.java:183) - adding param: [name: cddbLookUp value: on]
DEBUG [Thread-2] (Server.java:183) - adding param: [name: addToItunes value: off]
DEBUG [Thread-2] (Server.java:106) - processing request with action: grab
 INFO [Thread-2] (ProcessAction.java:24) - handling mp3 request
 INFO [Thread-2] (ProcessAction.java:30) - Finding current mp3
 INFO [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor.java:24) - locating mp3
 WARN [Thread-2] (DefaultProperties.java:39) - Unable to load tmp mp3 retry count property.
DEBUG [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor.java:105) - 
***processing directory: TemporaryItems***

DEBUG [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor.java:129) - no more mp3 found in dir
 INFO [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor.java:61) - Mp3 file was not located retrying after 1 second. loop count: 1

INFO [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor.java:61) - Mp3 file was not located retrying after 1 second. loop count: 2

INFO [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor.java:61) - Mp3 file was not located retrying after 1 second. loop count: 3

INFO [Thread-2] (Server.java:112) - unable to rip MP3
java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser
        at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentTmpMp3(Mp3Processor.java:59)
        at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentMP3(Mp3Processor.java:25)
        at servlet.ProcessAction.handleMP3Request(ProcessAction.java:31)
        at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:110)
        at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)
 INFO [Thread-2] (Server.java:42) - unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser
        at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:113)
        at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)
ookUp value: on] (Server.java:183) - adding param: [name: cddbL 
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
aijacks-mac-mini:~/Pandora $ DEBUG [Thread-2] (Server.java:183) - adding param: [name: addToItunes value: off]
aijacks-mac-mini:~/Pandora $ DEBUG [Thread-2] (Server.java:106) - processing request with action: grab
aijacks-mac-mini:~/Pandora $  INFO [Thread-2] (ProcessAction.java:24) - handling mp3 request-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
aijacks-mac-mini:~/Pandora $  INFO [Thread-2] (ProcessAction.java:30) - Finding current mp3
aijacks-mac-mini:~/Pandora $  INFO [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor.java:24) - locating mp3
aijacks-mac-mini:~/Pandora $  WARN [Thread-2] (DefaultProperties.java:39) - Unable to load tmp mp3 retry count property.
aijacks-mac-mini:~/Pandora $ DEBUG [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor.java:1

I'm really at a loss of where to go next.  It looks like the mp3 isn't being sent to the temp directory indicated in default. properties, but I verified that the directory exists.  Any suggestions?

Ahh.  So if I have

#!/bin/bash

It gives that error.  If I do

{space}#!/bin/bash

I do not get the error.  Only Difference is the space before #.  But it still doesnt work.  Just does nothing.  I get no error, but it just sits there.  I am using OS X 10. 4. 6 on a Macbook.

I ran this on my 10. 3 iMac and it runs fine.  So I am going to ask you to

1) make sure that the permissions of the shell script are set to allow you to execute it.

2) open your command line and make sure that bash is in /bin/bash and not in /usr/bin/bash or /sbin/bash (if so modify your script)

3) lastly, try executing it by typing 'bash pandora. sh' on the command line and see if that does it.  If so it is likely your java location or your firefix location that are at fault.

Finally figured it out. It was Flash; I tried using the flash switcher extension instead of uninstalling 9 and installing 8. Once I did that, worked like a charm!

FYI, the Flash uninstaller for Mac is here:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash..._player_osx.dmg

The Flash 8 files can be downloaded from here:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash...fp8_archive.zip

OK folks, I need help if anyone is willing.  I can get both the 7.4.0 and the 7.4.0 CF7 to work, but won't grab MP3s.  They play, gather bios, connect to lastFM, but don't save any files.  The window in the bottom shows the Grab complete, but there are no additions to the c:pandoramp3 folder.

Does anyone know where to start to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.

In regards to fixes for "save settings", I will search to find, but in its present state, nothing is saved.  The folder doesn't contain any files.  I did a global search on the hard drive for any MP3 files saved in the last 2 days, but no results were returned.

The newest MP3 I have is ones that were saved back in May when it last worked for me.

EDIT:  Upon further inspection, I don't even have an "MP3" folder in the "C:Pandora" folder.  I have done several different installations, the 7.4.0, 7.4.0 blended, 7.4.0 CF7, and 7.4.0 CF7 blended, each within their own unique folder names, and all 4 have no folder named MP3 within.  If they're being saved, I sure can't find them.

Thanks.

EDIT:  Upon further inspection, I don't even have an "MP3" folder in the "C:Pandora" folder.  I have done several different installations, the 7.4.0, 7.4.0 blended, 7.4.0 CF7, and 7.4.0 CF7 blended, each within their own unique folder names, and all 4 have no folder named MP3 within.  If they're being saved, I sure can't find them.

Thanks.

That happened to me when I installed Beta_CF7 . . . I just manually created the mp3 folder and the files are saving just fine.  I'm listening now and things seem to be working great.

OK, took a look at the jar log, and discovered the error I am getting.

It reads "unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIREFOX browser".

Of course, I am running FireFox, version 2.0.0.6.  Does anyone have a clue as to why it is failing now?

Thanks.

P.S.  Spamking1, I tried your solution but the results are the same.  Thanks.

[edit]  Further experimentation yielded same results, meanwhile, the status line at the bottom goes through all the steps and eventually shows "grabmp3 () complete".  I tried all 4 versions of jar,7.4.0, 7.4.0 blended, 7.4.0 CF7, and 7.4.0 CF7 blended, each within their own unique folder names, and all 4 have no folder named MP3 within, and I also have a c:pandoramp3 folder.  I am still not getting anything saved, and am still getting the above error.  I even tried falling back to version 1.5.0.4 of Firefox, but that had no effect.

Any new ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...