PandoraRip - copy, tag, organize, download album art

konfoo

Well Konfoo could better answer that, but from my basic understanding, it pulls in the files that pandora doesn't actually place in the plugtemp folder.

Yup. The optimal way would be to code a mini proxy server but unfortunately I'm too lazy to do that. ;)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey I had to register in the hopes that you might be able to get it working for me. I set up Firefox like you described and I get it all running and it scans but never finds any tracks. I am on vista 64 bit so might that have some thing to do with it?

I tried Flash version 8 and it didn't work so I went on to the latest 9 and its still a now go. My Firefox version is 3.0.1 and I have every thing up to date. Also the Jar doesnt work for me or well any of them! :(

hey I had to register in the hopes that you might be able to get it working for me. I set up Firefox like you described and I get it all running and it scans but never finds any tracks. I am on vista 64 bit so might that have some thing to do with it?

I tried Flash version 8 and it didn't work so I went on to the latest 9 and its still a now go. My Firefox version is 3.0.1 and I have every thing up to date. Also the Jar doesnt work for me or well any of them! :(

From my understanding none of the pandora rippers on this site can get anyhting working with flash 9 because of the way it does the cache or something look around on the site and it will tell you somewhere.

Tho I was thinking about since it can get uncached ones it might be able to work in nine, but i have no idea how that works exactly so...

But to solve you problem look at the readme http://www.geopacket.com/PandoraRip/readme.txt Follow those steps and it should work in FF3.1 (Im using it too) but if Vista is the problem them i cant help you.

I'm not running Vista64 and I don't think I ever will be. My next upgrade from XP will probably be Windows7. Sorry, can't help there. I have a feeling this is an issue with 32-bit promiscuous sniffing on a 64-bit driver interface.

You did enable the sniffer and restart the application, correct?

yep, I just wish some one here could get one of these 3 programs to work for me. It seams that the one with the stand alone installer with the built in firefox might work if flash would allow data to be stored locally. If I go to change the settings it refuses to let me :blink: I'm just so frustrated over here

well where are the files stored to temporary? Can't I just snag them and trans code them?

Spaces work fine (the default location is 'documents and settings' on xp..).
Seems the "solution" is to close PandoraRip after defining the new destination then restart it as mentioned a few posts ago. Is there a shutdown period for the snifferwhich lasts longer than the GUI?

Are you using a roaming profile on a domain?
No I made a "portable" package using portable firefox 3.01 and want to carry it on USB Memory. My hope is to use a relative destination directory so PandoraRip would save to a folder on the USB device regardless of the letter assigned by the host PC. At least, that's the idea...

Sure is nice to ahve this working again. Thanks.

Seems the "solution" is to close PandoraRip after defining the new destination then restart it as mentioned a few posts ago. Is there a shutdown period for the snifferwhich lasts longer than the GUI?

Nope it is instantaneous.

No I made a "portable" package using portable firefox 3.01 and want to carry it on USB Memory. My hope is to use a relative destination directory so PandoraRip would save to a folder on the USB device regardless of the letter assigned by the host PC. At least, that's the idea...

Sure is nice to ahve this working again. Thanks.

If you are willing to release a 'USB bundle' for free then I'll make PandoraRip work on it (file paths, etc).

I got it working. It seems to randomly not work on some songs ? I am not sure why this is. I know others have mentioned this but it doesnt seem to have a pattern "like every 5 songs it misses one". Thanks for your hard work on this.

Also, since I dont want all songs I hear.....when i delete a folder it seems to come back the next time I launch the app. How do I get rid of the folders/songs for good ?

Thanks again

Do you have any plans on making this tool compatible with OpenPandora, and if it is already how do you get it to work?

OpenPandora is a app so you don't have to keep a browser open all the time, you should check it out.

More over, it seems that it uses flash 9 and I can't find away to change that, I think it caches songs in a different location. (anyone know if this is true or not?)

Can i make a suggestion about the "Select an Interface"? Why not check when the program first starts up how many there are and if there is only 1 then already select that and the "Grab UnCached Tracks" just to make it a tad easier for some of the newbies other then that "Rock On"!! Thanks for the program!

--edit--

I just noticed that right clicking and clicking "Play" for a song doesnt do anything for me

A late thanks for the updates, Konfoo. Dunno if the avatar means you are a monkey master, or if you enjoy scaring the bejeezus out of primates... No matter =)

I'm glad I wasn't losing my mind on the song title thing. I went through my archive trying to re-listen to some songs and got very confused =P

Everything works great now.

[bows formally out of respect for Konfoo]

First let me say sorry if these topics have alread been covered.

1) Is there a way to prevent Rip from creating the Desktop directory once you've added a custom directory?

2) Are you planning to add last.fm support? This is one major plus of Jar

3) Is it possible to detect thumbs down? I don't want to have to go back and clean up bad songs after the fact. I do like that you can delete from the right click menu but it would be slick to have it delete thumbs down songs. If it can't do this, this a delay feature might handle it.

Otherwise this thing kicks Jar simply on the album name alone. I'm not sure how that feature could be seen as optional.

Thanks.

Speaking of the last point brought up above...when I go and erase folders/songs I dont want...they come back everytime I reboot pandorarip....obviously because they are cached in temp somewhere. Where can I go to erase them ? Dont they build up over time to be large and a huge mem waster ?

OpenPandora is a app so you don't have to keep a browser open all the time, you should check it out.

More over, it seems that it uses flash 9 and I can't find away to change that, I think it caches songs in a different location. (anyone know if this is true or not?)

OpenPandora uses embedded IE to load and render pandora. As such its temporary files are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 on windows XP. However there is a minor problem, as soon as flash is done loading the song data or XML data files it will commit them to memory and delete the temp files, which are locked until deleted. There is a way around this however and if there is an interest I will elaborate on the subject.

Hi,

I tried 'OpenPandora' both with 'Free Music Zilla' and OrbitDownloader's 'Grab++'

yesterday without any apparent problem other than having to "cut-'n-paste the"

song's title and author (the album's name had to be added in full manual fashion).

It's not automagic but each tag is obviously verified and it's simple enough to use.

I guess i'll never bother with the more complicated solutions again unless these

are integrated to a Linux LiveCD which i just need to burn before it's ready to run!

you are the master of all that is pandora it seems! i would love to see all of this in a "portable" version so things can be stored on usb and ran from that area... id like to see something as complex as the switchblade project implemented so that way things are sudden automatic as soon as the stick is inserted into the computer it is running on. We have the technology.... We CAN build it!

Please Ben, if there's a guru around here somewhere who can

port Pandora's Jar to Linux then point a finger at him because

i've been dreaming of this for a long time!!! When it's happy

with Linux then maybe we can start having more crazy dreams

like to have Pandora's Jar integrated to a portable MP3 player

that plays in the bus (or wherever) the music which it collected

earlier during the day while attached to a PC from which it has

booted... The modern players do have enough space, after all.

Euh... But it won't happen! The originators of this project are

long gone and we're lucky to have followers like Razor512 and

perhaps a few more with which i didn't have the opportunity to

converse after Pandora closed the door to non-USA citizens...

Our best option right now is the Windows portable format i'm

afraid and i yet have to read about one where TOR and its

suite are combined adequately to the latest FireFox browser,

whatever, so that a few clicks is all we need to experience

those things that everyone else is writing about but without

compromising our systems. Considering a recent post about

some virus alert i'd still much prefer a Linux LiveCD, though.

Please Ben, if there's a guru around here somewhere who can

port Pandora's Jar to Linux then point a finger at him because

i've been dreaming of this for a long time!!!

Look, you keep bringing this up with your smarmy comments in a thread dedicated to PandoraRip, not PandoraJAR.

I would work on the PandoraJAR codebase if I cared. Unfortunately it is a cesspool with a shoddy UI, and I don't care. Plus I don't care much for Java, at all, regardless of the platform it runs on. Which is why I wrote my own in the first place.

The only thing I have planned in the future is support for Fred's portable version and 64-bit OS support so we can run this on a USB key on any Win platform. And I do that because I find this marginally interesting, not because it is rocket science.

Speaking of the last point brought up above...when I go and erase folders/songs I dont want...they come back everytime I reboot pandorarip....obviously because they are cached in temp somewhere. Where can I go to erase them ? Dont they build up over time to be large and a huge mem waster ?

Restart the browser or close/refresh the pandorarip player tab prior to restarting pandorarip. The first time it starts it will scan the temp ff directory and re-ingest the files. Since it is stateless, it doesn't remember that you thumbed down those tracks that are still cached in the browser cache.

1) Is there a way to prevent Rip from creating the Desktop directory once you've added a custom directory?

2) Are you planning to add last.fm support? This is one major plus of Jar

3) Is it possible to detect thumbs down? I don't want to have to go back and clean up bad songs after the fact. I do like that you can delete from the right click menu but it would be slick to have it delete thumbs down songs. If it can't do this, this a delay feature might handle it.

1 - will be part of the portable version

2 - maybe.. what does it offer?

3 - thumbs down is detected in the latest version and the tracks will not be recorded. Next version will track the thumbs down into a 'ban' list (which you can later edit). The list will support wildcards.