PandoraRip - copy, tag, organize, download album art

konfoo

Thank you so much for this great piece of software, it runs great and was very easy to setup!

I would like to second what has already been suggested to add a feature to allow manual ripping rather than every song pandora plays.

Again thank you for your efforts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, so i've noticed something that happens a lot. It will sometimes totally miss a few songs and then grab one. On further troubleshooting, i found that only 1 song out of 5 was ACTUALLY in the plugtmp folder. Trouble is, plugtmp is the only folder i have, and when i refresh the page it might work for a little while then stop again. I love this program, its easy to use, and requires no installation. My problem is that it doesn't always grab tracks, and i'm unsure as to why.

32 bit Vista Home Premium

Mozilla Firefox v.2.0.0.9

PandoraRip: v.1.0.7.0

any solutions?

• 3 weeks later...

konfoo, your kung fu is very, very good. An awesome hack and it works very well on my laptop. Kudos!

I had some problems with the flash switcher not working properly, so I just used the 'uninstall flash' tool and installed the version 8.42 of flash manually (from the dev testing site) and everything worked fine after that. It's capturing every song played.

Sweet!

O.k., all.

New problem.

New install of XP (fully updated).

New install of Firefox 3, Flash Switcher (FF set to Flash 8.0 r24), cache set to false in FF, cache set to Unlimited in Flash, and my Temp folder is not hidden and fully accessible (something I had to do before, so I went ahead and tried it when all else failed).

Not quite sure why it's petering out.

Latest Debug Log:

Initializing

Desktop Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\-------\Desktop\PandoraRip\

Application Data Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\-------\Application Data\PandoraRip\

Output Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\-------\Desktop\PandoraRip\

Temporary Files Dir: C:\DOCUME~1\-------\LOCALS~1\Temp\

Application Temporary Files Dir: C:\DOCUME~1\-------\LOCALS~1\Temp\PandoraRipTemp\

Monitoring Started

111 Scan(s) completed for 3 Temp Dir(s)

0 Total Tracks Ripped :(

Any suggestions?

Related note:

For some reason PandoraRip stopped working on my other machine last week. I can't for the life of me figure out why. Nothing changed *except* an install of CS3. I double-checked all the settings (Flash Switcher included). No idea =|

Worked fine under FF2, I tried upgrading to FF3 and it stopped working. Something to do with FF3 seems to be causing a problem. It seems to be working, says monitoring, scanning, sniffing media, but nothing gets ripped.

May have to go back to FF 2...but will wait for now to see if this gets fixed.

Worked fine under FF2, I tried upgrading to FF3 and it stopped working. Something to do with FF3 seems to be causing a problem. It seems to be working, says monitoring, scanning, sniffing media, but nothing gets ripped.

May have to go back to FF 2...but will wait for now to see if this gets fixed.

Pretty sure pandora did an update which jacked these programs.

(started about a week ago)

It appears that only some songs are getting d/l now vs all of them like they used to.

If they are getting d/l they are going somewhere else now.

Definitely *not* just a FF3 problem.

My tried and true, runs while I work install is FF2. No dice.

I'm seeing larger (guessing MP3) files popping up in the Temp folder as per normal, but there ain't no snagging going on :(

[laments lack of education]

I wish I was a programmer and not just a 'tech'. I'd love to be able to figure these things out like konfoo.

sorry for the double post, but check this out:

i was wondering why this thing wasn't working. I decided to play pandora with plug-tmp open, and whaddya know, nothing showed up. I told myself "huh. well, its playing from SOMEWHERE...". i looked outside of the plugtmp folder...and guess what i discovered? Pandora is now storing all music files as "plugtmp-(a number)" just in the temp folder. i renamed one of them, and wouldn't you know, radiohead started playing. Another one, then R.E.M.

i dont know if this helps, or if this is universal for everyone, but the code could be changed to change the source folder of the files...correct? It would also need to re-write the file as an mp3...which would give the option of installing multiple file types for output...yeah?

sorry for the double post, but check this out:

i was wondering why this thing wasn't working. I decided to play pandora with plug-tmp open, and whaddya know, nothing showed up. I told myself "huh. well, its playing from SOMEWHERE...". i looked outside of the plugtmp folder...and guess what i discovered? Pandora is now storing all music files as "plugtmp-(a number)" just in the temp folder. i renamed one of them, and wouldn't you know, radiohead started playing. Another one, then R.E.M.

i dont know if this helps, or if this is universal for everyone, but the code could be changed to change the source folder of the files...correct? It would also need to re-write the file as an mp3...which would give the option of installing multiple file types for output...yeah?

Sounds right to me. Does not sound like a hard change to make. Thanks for the post - now here's hoping konfoo or someone else with the chops acts on it.

• 1 month later...

I would like to thank you for the work you have put in what looks to be a killer app that is also simple. Less is more.

I like fred thompson in post 75 and others, am getting plenty of scanning but not ripping.

Initializing

Desktop Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\PandoraRip\

Application Data Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Application Data\PandoraRip\

Output Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\PandoraRip\

Temporary Files Dir: C:\DOCUME~1\MAINUS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\

Application Temporary Files Dir: C:\DOCUME~1\MAINUS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\PandoraRipTemp\

Monitoring Started

540 Scan(s) completed for 15 Temp Dir(s)

1110 Scan(s) completed for 15 Temp Dir(s)

1665 Scan(s) completed for 15 Temp Dir(s)

2220 Scan(s) completed for 15 Temp Dir(s)

2790 Scan(s) completed for 15 Temp Dir(s)

I removed part of the log...since it was repetitive and the emoticons were not allowing me to post.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Xp pro. I am fairly sure I am set as admin.

Konfoo, I can't wait to use this program again. Thanks.

However, I am currently being plagued by a problem with Internet connection. Whenever I boot up the ripper, "10013: [10013] Access denied" appears. Apparently, this is a internet socket/port problem. Even with a firewall disabled, I still get the same message. Any ideas?

Thanks rac - yeah 8r24 is the one (too early) ;)

Socket code 10013 indicates something else has exclusive access to the socket port. The sniffer attempts to listen for traffic on port 80, and is prevented from doing so since another application or system permission is preventing it. So possible issues you may have:

1. You are not running the application as a user or administrator with correct permissions to enter promiscuous mode sniffing on port 80 on your network interface.

2. You have a service running on your PC on port 80 which is locking port 80 (e.g. a webserver)

3. You have antivirus or antimalware software running that is preventing connectivity to port 80.

You can run a netstat -b and see what is locked to port 80 if anything.

Just for reference, the windows firewall and most antivirus and antimalware (i.e. windows defender) should not prevent this.