PandoraRip - copy, tag, organize, download album art

konfoo

PandoraRip is not saving anything for me. I see the log and it appears to be sniffing properly but no files are saved. The EULA box is checked. It created a folder at C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorDesktopPandoraRip. Both IE and Firefox have been tested.

Is there a specific browser or flash version which must be used? What could be the problem?

Check the readme. IE is not supported, use Firefox. Any version of FF should work. If possible use the Flash switcher 8.0x24. Check the EULA box and then select your internet adapter and check Grab UnCached tracks. Watch the debug log. That's all there is to it.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Slacker?  If that's a reference to SlackWare Linux then take note i've built

three Slax modules so far and there has been no feeback in six months...

Anyone who feels like fixing the [Grab] button can ask for it in private:  i

have the KDE Menu icons working, a Linux guru would only need to focus

on the Pandora code itself.

Anyone who feels like fixing the [Grab] button can ask for it in private:  i

have the KDE Menu icons working, a Linux guru would only need to focus

on the Pandora code itself.

This topic is for PandoraRip, please don't pollute it (and/or confuse folks).

If you don't mind me asking a personal question in your PR thread-how'd you learn to be so awesome at this stuff?

I'd hardly say awesome - the program is pretty simple. Well, maybe I am just jaded this far down the line. A lot of late nights ;).

Is this tool OS speciific just like Pandora's Jar is?

Windows only. If I get the urge I may port it to Linux.

Do i need to make any sort of permanent modification to my system in order to use it?

Nope. No installer, self contained. You need Firefox (any version). I haven't tested any version of flash > 8.0r24.

Thanks for the update!

It's working really well.

Have you still tought about my option?

That I can choose the genre per song from a list of genres I myself have made?

I hope you understand what I mean, and I really hope you can create it for the next release, because then it will be perfect. :P.

I have to say after a little trouble installing and reading through this thread I have been able to enjoy your program.  My biggest hurdle was trying to use my wireless adapter. 

The program runs very well except for one instance where it was stuck using 60 percent processor and i had to kill the process.

Great Work.

How do you grab only the tracks you want? I thought this was possible-but it appears not? If it's not possible-I'd love to see it; I always custom grabbed tracks with Pandora's Jar. I know you can just delete the tracks you don't want, but it'd be easier just to custom grab tracks; plus constant deleting fragments the hard drive, doesn't it?

Everything else rocks! Thanks  :)

• 2 weeks later...

After using Pandora's Jar for a while, I read about PandoraRip and gave it a try.  I haven't switched back since.

Thanks konfoo for a great piece of code !

If I may, here are some suggestions:

1.  I usually don't save everything I listen to, in fact I'd rather choose what I want to save in the "history" list; everything else that comes out of that list would be auto-deleted

2.  how about renaming the album art file "artist- album. jpg" for those of us who don't use album folders ?

3.  I also listen to deezer. com, and they seem to use a similar technique (see here: hxxp: voisin. mathias. free. fr/wordpress/?p=6).  Any chance you might add support for it ?