soDDаксиома

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2016 at 5:43 PM, authorityfinger said:

NordVPN had a pretty good black Friday-deal, 72$ for 2 years. Maybe they'll have it for cyber monday as well.

If you havnt chosen one yet i would recommend Nord as a good affordable vpn.  I use it for a lot of online activities event streaming Netflix at work (during my lunch break).  and works with TOR as well if that tickles your fancy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The best VPN is always the one that has good encryption and where the owner of the service isn't based in your country under those laws. The price is secondary.

I use a VPN service by Astrill. They are based in Sweden, which have different laws to the US. So, that gives the extra piece of mind about the government strong-arming them for your info. That's the kinda things to think about before you get attracted to cheap monthly/yearly prices.

8 hours ago, SalenaWatson said:

Well I suggest you to download FalcoVPN as it is the Best vpn service and it is free as well.

FalcoVPN is highly suspect, considering you can use the free OpenVPN client for both Android and iPhones, where you choose your own provider if not setup your own server to use the client against. With FalcoVPN, who are they and why would I trust them with my data?

Free proxy and vpn sites should not be trusted for the most part these days, as anyone running them could be listening to/sniffing all the traffic. Even pay services are use at your own risk recommendations, as best practice. It's the same reason I don't use the free VPN that comes with my browser, as I don't know where my data is going and what is being done with it.

Grab a decent router with VPN support and put a Dynamic DNS client on it (make a client that constantly updates your public IP to a pastebin or something) and use your home internet connection's public IP to host on.

Probably the cheapest and most secure way..

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

We need to use a good VPN for our device. I was also looking for a good VPN. Because I had to use VPN for my Unlocked Fire Stick. It was also concern about the charges of my VPN. Actually, I had a limitation of the budget. Therefore, I needed reliable sources where I can get real information in details.

what-is-vpn@2x-92c540058555604479f63c33e

However, finally, I got the best VPN on my budget when I went Here VPN reviews and read through all the page. It gave me lots of knowledge regarding VPN and Unlocked Fire Stick as well. All the VPN has multiple servers and unique IP.

I will recommend everyone before buying a VPN once visited that site it will help you to find a good VPN with less price.

TorGuard and NordVPN both seem to be good services.   

On 6/5/2017 at 1:25 PM, digip said:

FalcoVPN is highly suspect, considering you can use the free OpenVPN client for both Android and iPhones, where you choose your own provider if not setup your own server to use the client against. With FalcoVPN, who are they and why would I trust them with my data?

Free proxy and vpn sites should not be trusted for the most part these days, as anyone running them could be listening to/sniffing all the traffic. Even pay services are use at your own risk recommendations, as best practice. It's the same reason I don't use the free VPN that comes with my browser, as I don't know where my data is going and what is being done with it.

This is some really good advice when picking a VPN service in my opinion.  Just want to really look at what each one offers.

18 hours ago, ThoughtfulDev said:

I'm using PIA but have a look at That One Privacy Site. That dude is just awesome!

I ran across this site a few days ago, seems legit (not financially prompted to promote certain vpns) in it's reviews/information I didn't scrub the site down so I could be wrong.

I have been using Nord for a year and its been very reliable. They have sales on regularly where you can pick up 2 years for pretty cheaply. They have Double vpn connections and tor over vpn. I havent had too many problems accessing online services that are location specific. I was using airvpn previously but nord ended up as half the price in the sale. 

• 11 months later...

I use Private Internet Access (PIA) and it works quickly enough for what I want in the UK

I've not got any letters from my ISP about the occasional torrents and I don't appear to have been affected by any rogueAP that may have been present in the many hotels I stay in. The only downside is that it is very popular so BBC iPlayer in the UK knows the IPs which PIA uses and blocks them so not great for anti-geo blocking