Monthly Desktops: September

moonlit

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same....

Same here. I've havn't had a virus, trogan, worm or crash in a very long time.

In that case turn all your protection off let someone that doesnt know what there doing on your computer for about a week and till me if you still dont have anything like this :wink:

In that case turn all your protection off let someone that doesnt know what there doing on your computer for about a week and till me if you still dont have anything like this :wink:

That would be my flatmate. The jackass has destroyed 2 hdd installs in the last year because him, like 95% of windows users, don't care about their comps as long as they can check their email, myspace, facebook and use AIM. He recently bought a new lappy and once that comes I'm taking over to make it child proof.

It's called stay off the warez and the pr0n sites and you'll be fine

add myspace to that list. But you missed the point i was saying, someone that doesnt know what they are doing is more likly to get infected then someone that does, and now if you remove the protection you have just increased the chance of getting infected by 100%, so just because you have never been infected means nothing, i expect it to be that way :wink:

So the question really boils down to 'how easy is it for John Q Public to get hit by a piece of badware using each of the available OSes'.

While things are improving, I really doubt people can honestly say that Windows is not the OS under which people run into badware the quickest.

This will of course change as more people like John Q Public move over to other OSes, and turn off the protection that's provided there to get their blinky smiley thingies to work once more.