Monthly Desktops: September

moonlit

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same....

Same here. I've havn't had a virus, trogan, worm or crash in a very long time.

My fucking windows install crashes all the time. Thanks to nVIDIA's shitty motherboard drivers, I have a crashtacular system, for windows at least. It doesnt concern me much cause all I ever use windows for is CounterStrike:Source, which apparently doesnt use my motherboard. :P

same....

Same here. I've havn't had a virus, trogan, worm or crash in a very long time.

My fucking windows install crashes all the time. Thanks to nVIDIA's shitty motherboard drivers, I have a crashtacular system, for windows at least. It doesnt concern me much cause all I ever use windows for is CounterStrike:Source, which apparently doesnt use my motherboard. :P

232323205_0c17f0c469_o.png

I has the same problom. CS:S runs ok under wine. It has some glitches, but it works!

nVIDIA FTL

So you prefer either very low end graphics cards (i.e. Intel integrated) or buggy Linux support (i.e. ATI). I'v had strange problems with ATIs fglrx driver, it seems to cause weriedness that seems quite unexplinable. Such as the system compleatly locking up (to the point where the physical restart button has to be pressed) after you login and out a couple of times in x. Never had suck problems with nVidia (or Intel for that matter) though.

First I must admit, I don't know much of anything about video cards...I'm not a hardcore gamer.

But, I have an 128MB ATI Xpress 200m video card in my laptop and I play hl2 and fear without any problems.

So my question is, what's bad about either of the companies' cards? A friend of mine just build a powerful gaming rig with an Ati card and he's not having any problems running high res with high detail settings. So, where in lies the problems with the different cards?

Then main problems with ATI are there drivers for both Windows and Linux. THe windows drivers atempt to take over your system and few people will actualy know how to prevent this (of course, i'm one of though few ;)). There Linux drivers arn't very stable (at least, thats how it appears to me), I hve such strange insabilitys problems with them.

I assume you use opendrivers?

Its not the video card that is pissing me off. The chipset (and network?) parts are what are causing my problems. I love my 7900 GT. It works great for Xgl. CounterStrike running at 1680x1050 @ full AA/AF/everything else with insanely high framerates FTW. Same with BF2, except that I didnt bother to attempt to break my game even more by forcing it to a higher resolution.

Am i worthy? just basic xp, with vista transfrom 5, and a few tweaks i added...object dock, all that fun jazz...should've animated it, but srry..u guys just aren't worth thte time...lol...why i didn't just take a screen shot of vista, i don't know...but this was fun. [my computer is more jumbled than an iraqi prisoner on meth]

mycomputer.jpg

http://digitaldennis.net/deskcamvista.png

Here is September's desktop. :)

WMP 11 is a piece of crap and the only program that currently exsists that makes better use of Areo then just the window boarder. If you insist on using WMP use version 8 (imposible on Vista). Other wise use some thing much better, like, for example, any thing else.

Um... The idea here is that you show off your kick-ass background.

Call me superficial, but dull black with some kinky black accents and a nice black border designed by Picasso himself somehow still manages to look a little... boring.