your media playing software

RogueHart

for music its winamp(obviously. foxytunes shows what im listening to in my forum posts)

for videos(all of them) gotta be the km player. http://www.download.com/The-KMPlayer/3000-...4-10659939.html

the absolute best video player ive ever used. its got everything i need. auto saving screenshots so i can have stocks for photoshop, and an audio ripper so i can get opening songs when i want them.

----------------

Now playing: Bullet for my valentine - All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me)

via FoxyTunes

i think we all agree winamp is a horrible video player. but it the best audio player ive used.

thats why i got media player classic(not a microsoft thing). it was great. but then i found km player. which has helped with all of my hobbies lol

I HATE WINAMP!! Sorry for that I just well really do hate it. I like VLC. Reason well it has command line suport isn't all fancy and over packed with GUI features (To get advance features ypu basically use the command line. Oh and that I have wrote a script to rip DVDs into a iPod format this even includes DVD that Handbrake couldn't rip.

If anyone is interested here's the script.

All You do is tell it what titles the names and whether you want to test them before it rips those titles.

@echo off
:start
echo Welcome to Video to iPod Converter!!
echo This will convert your Videos that you select to iPod compatible format
echo When your done just import to iTunes and sync your iPod
echo This will put the conveted video on your desktop
cd %userprofile%\desktop
:malt
set /p first1=First Video or Title?
set /p type1=What type of video is this, 1.File, 2.DVD, or 3.Internet File?
if %type1%==1. set type1="%first1%"
if %type1%==2. set type1=dvd://@%first1%
if %type1%==3. set type1="%first1%"
set /p second2=Second Video or Title?
set /p type2=What type of videp is this a 1.File, 2.DVD, or 3.Internet File?
if %type2%==1. set type2="%second2%"
if %type2%==2. set type2=dvd://@%second2%
if %type2%==3. set type2="%second2%"
set /p third3=Third Video or Title?
set /p type3=What type of video is this a 1.File, 2.DVD, or 3.Internet File?
if %type3%==1. set type3="%third3%"
if %type3%==2. set type3=dvd://@%third3%
if %type3%==3. set type3="%third3%"
set /p fourth4=Fourth Video or Title?
set /p type4=What type of video is this 1. A File, 2. A DVD, or 3. A Internet File?
if %type4%==1. set type4="%fourth4%"
if %type4%==2. set type4=dvd://@%fourth%
if %type4%==3. set type4="%fourth4%"
set /p test=Do you want to test the selected Videos or Titles? Yes or No
if %test%==Yes goto test
:no on edit
echo Type None for the name if the title was none.
set /p name1=First Video or Title Name?
set /p name2=Second Video or Title Name?
set /p name3=Third Video or Title Name?
set /p name4=Fourth Video or Title Name?
:conversions
set /p watch multiple convert=Do you want to watch the videos while they get converted? Yes or No
cd "C:\Program Files\VideoLan\VLC"
pause
if %watch multiple convert%==Yes goto watch
if %watch multiple convert%==No goto no watch
:watch
if %first1%==none goto end
vlc.exe %type1% :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,width=640,height=360,scale=1,acodec=mp4a
,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name1%.mp4"}}vlc:quit
if %second2%==none goto end
vlc.exe %type2% :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,width=640,height=360,scale=1,acodec=mp4a
,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name2%.mp4"}}vlc:quit
if %third3%==none goto end
vlc.exe %type3% :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,width=640,height=360,scale=1,acodec=mp4a
,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name3%.mp4"}}vlc:quit
if %fourth4%==none goto end
vlc.exe %type4% :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,width=640,height=360,scale=1,acodec=mp4a
,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name4%.mp4"}}vlc:quit
goto end
:no watch
vlc.exe %type% :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,width=640,height=360,scale=1,acodec=mp4a
,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name1%.mp4"}}vlc:quit
vlc.exe %type% :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,width=640,height=360,scale=1,acodec=mp4a
,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name2%.mp4"}}vlc:quit
,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name3%.mp4"}}vlc:quit
,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name4%.mp4"}}vlc:quit
:watch
vlc.exe %type1% :sout=#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name1%.mp3"}}vlc:quit
vlc.exe %type2% :sout=#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name2%.mp3"}}vlc:quit
vlc.exe %type3% :sout=#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name3%.mp3"}}vlc:quit
vlc.exe %type4% :sout=#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name4%.mp3"}}vlc:quit
goto end
:no watch
vlc.exe %type% :sout=#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name1%.mp3"}}vlc:quit
vlc.exe %type% :sout=#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name2%.mp3"}}vlc:quit
vlc.exe %type% :sout=#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name3%.mp3"}}vlc:quit
vlc.exe %type% :sout=#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Desktop\%name4%.mp3"}}vlc:quit
:end
set /p use again=Do you want to convert another video? Yes or No
If not %use again%==No goto start
:test
cd "C:\Program Files\VideoLan\VLC"
vlc.exe %type1% vlc:quit
vlc.exe %type2% vlc:quit
vlc.exe %type3% vlc:quit
vlc.exe %type4% vlc:quit
set /p edit title=Do you want to edit the titles? Yes or No 
if %edit title%==Yes goto malt
goto no on edit

I just installed iTunes to see if the situation had improved and it hasn't.

Still can't play half of the stuff I have collected (like Windows media Player) but unlike the WMP it tries to index the music directory in the background but fails horribly by been unusable for the duration of indexing. WMP will only let you do it in the foreground.

music: itunes

video: vlc

I have used Winamp for years for music and has never let me down, for video i like VLC.

Do people still use Skins? i tend to like the classic look for a lot of stuff.

lol, i used skins... about 4 years ago.

i use a very simple dark skin for winamp (anything i use a skin on i use dark ones)

but i left the km player the way it was.

well i use Winamp for media, as WMP11 on vista uses too much memory, iTunes is very buggy and laggy in Vista, so Winamp is the best for music. Spider Player under XP is the best for music on my laptop, uses like 0 memory and 0 CPU :).

for videos i use VLC as no plugins or codecs required to play even the most complex and crappy codec files.