If this is what you are talking about

"Finally an improved wireless tethering system has been implemented, allowing one to share an Internet connection from a client device - such as a laptop or rooted smartphone. In this configuration a tertiary WiFi interface such as a USB ALFA radio is unnecessary - thus lowering overall power consumption and increasing run time for battery powered systems"

Then you still need to connect a device such as a laptop, smartphone or mobile hotspot to your pineapples Ethernet port to provide internet while using PineAP, wlan1 will not do both.

Edited by J5x86

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My MKV is configured with PineAP and Karma on.

Screenshot_from_2015_07_02_07_39_50.png

I have one wifi client connected which is a S3 samsung phone and connected via PineAP faked wifi "guest".

Screenshot_from_2015_07_02_08_03_24.png

Only the wlan0 and wlan1 are available, no USB wlan device. Eth0 is not providing internet. Wlan1 is connected to my SSID wifi providing internet.

Screenshot_from_2015_07_02_07_34_14.png

Wlan0 pulls in the clients. This is the radio that clients connect to.

Wlan1 is put into monitor mode, does beacon responses, beacons, deauth etc.

Since the onset of v2.3.0 you have the capability to use wlan1 to also provide internet access also for your clients.

The S3 client is able to browse the internet. I have infusion urlsnarf running when I went to cnn.com.

Screenshot_from_2015_07_02_08_07_53.png

I'm connected via laptop to the MKV by the Secure Management Access Point SSID under Network --> Access Point.

The MKV is currently providing internet for my kali to create this post using wlan1 to go out to the internet.

Using the infusion Connected Clients we can see both the S3 and my kali laptop connected via wlan0/wlan0-1.

Screenshot_from_2015_07_02_08_13_08.png

Can't say I did anything funky to change the MKV, thought that was how it was designed.

That's interesting, I just turned on my MKv and did that same thing, I am able to connect and browse the internet until I start pineap, once I start pineap and try to get on the web it gives me page cannot load. it shows the pineapple is still in client mode and connected to the WiFi. I'll have to play around with it some more today, Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I haven't played with pineap or karma in a while

Edited by J5x86

Recommend attaching to your AP SSID (Internet) with wlan1 to establish the connection using the gui Network tile. It should reconnect upon reboot.

Setup a dip switch autostart PineAP and Karma.

pineapple karma start; sleep 2; pineapple infusion pineap start; sleep 30; pineapple infusion pineap dogma start; sleep 2; pineapple infusion pineap responder start; sleep 2; pineapple infusion pineap harvester start

reboot with the dip switch setting

This has worked for me to automatically start PineAP and Karma with client connection using wlan1 to my cell phone and home AP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have PineAP turned on along with MKV 5 Karma mode.

I am seeing a few probe requests but interestingly it seems like Windows Phone will only probe for secure networks.

I also tried with an Android tablet Asus TF-201 running Cyanogenmod of an old 4.2 version of android and it fails to fall for the PineAP as well making it basically useless for anything that isn't an apple product 'i' Device.

I even deliberately connected my windows phones and the Android tablet to the open AP that the pineapple broadcasts that I named "free wifi". This ensures there is an association to an open wifi in the PNL list of each device.

The "magic" deauth that you can do in Recon mode by clicking on clients or APs is really really flaky at best......it hardly ever works.

So anyway, I do a proper deauth using the deauth infusion, I blacklist my target APs and I whitelist my wlan0 interface and I can see that in fact it actually is performing deauth and my devices drop off the AP........however they never connect to the "free wifi" AP that my pineapple is broadcasting.

In fact it seems that by default on the Android tablet it just pops up and says wifi networks are available but will not automatically connect and the windows phones are even less they don't even show any of the beacons sent by Dogma in the wifi networks list at all so yea PineAP sucks.

I manually added the local airport's wifi SSID into Dogma and it is broadcasting to all devices ff:ff blah blah and I see it on my computer, yet I have only managed to snare 2 iPads by doing so. Also it seems iDevices are no longer sending out probe requests so realistically how do you intend to get the SSIDs of open wifis when devices are no longer probing for them?

The wifi pineapple is now useless :(

Also I can now see the Android device probing:

Aug 6 17:44:20 Probe Request from 74:2f:68:xx:xx:xx for SSID 'free wifi'

H​​owever it never tries to associate to the AP. It does not appear to be fooled by PineAP and I can confirm that Dogma is broadcasting "free wifi" beacons to everyone and my computer can see it. No beacons broadcast by dodma are seen by Windows phone, I can however see the free wifi open access point that I have set and I can connect and leave an association in the device yet it does not probe for open wifi on windows phone and even when dogma broadcasts the SSID when explicitly given the windows phone not connect.

I've been playing around with this lately, I've tested it against some android and Apple devices
On Android (kitkat) and iOS, Pine-AP worked every time, however on Lollipop 5.1 it didn't work
I can see all the probe requests, Pine-AP is doing it's magic, but Lollipop is just not vulnerable

Edited by Crestofiy

Hi,
I just done some tests using Pine-AP and karma against multiple Android devices
On Kitkat 4.4 it worked perfectly! I was surprised by how powerful it was! however on lollipop 5.1 it didn't :(
Is this normal? Did google finally fixed this issue or maybe I am doing something wrong? Please anyone... :unsure:

Edited by Crestofiy

I do see his point. Unfortunately things have changed since the mkIV, just remember that it's a cat and mouse game and a little SE can go along way and

Within ever policy there is a vulnerability, the trick is to find it and exploit it. Just give it time.

Hello,

Previously I posted that PineAP is useless.

Why did you lock my topic? Are you that desperate to sell your product that if someone says something negative about it you try stop people from contributing by locking the topic?

In response to you saying that the WiFi Pineapple can be used for so many other things....not really. If PineAP fails to get people to connect to you what else can you really do besides flood networks with deauth packets (Already Python scrypts about to do this) and use it as a really slow relay/wifi extender. That's about it really.

Enlighten me to all these fantastic things you can do with the Wifi Pineapple when you have no people connected to you.......

And stop locking my threads because you don't like what you are reading...this isn't the 5th grade.

Hello,

Previously I posted that PineAP is useless.

Why did you lock my topic? Are you that desperate to sell your product that if someone says something negative about it you try stop people from contributing by locking the topic?

In response to you saying that the WiFi Pineapple can be used for so many other things....not really. If PineAP fails to get people to connect to you what else can you really do besides flood networks with deauth packets (Already Python scrypts about to do this) and use it as a really slow relay/wifi extender. That's about it really.

Enlighten me to all these fantastic things you can do with the Wifi Pineapple when you have no people connected to you.......

And stop locking my threads because you don't like what you are reading...this isn't the 5th grade.

Hello Noxious,

Your topic raised a point that a single particular set of devices (Android 5.1) were not connecting. That's it. That does not render the Wifi Pineapple ineffective (or as you put it "effing useless). Security and interception is a game of cat and mouse, which was also mentioned in the previous topic.

The pineapple is still effective against other devices, so it's now time to see what can be done regarding Android 5.1.

The reason I locked your topic was not so much the issue raised, but more how it was raised. Your post, and this one, are rather inflammatory.

Finally, your point on school grades. Not being from where you are I don't recognise the grade scheme. But even so, polite discourse is a better way of discussing things than throwing all your toys out of the pram. Moderators may lock topics if they deem it necessary. You do not get to say what is, and what is not.

I am merging this into the previous topic.

I haven't used Android 5.1 with it that was someone else who said it wasn't working with it.

I tried with an old Cyanogenmod version of Android 4.2 and it did not work. I also tried with a Windows 10 PC, two Windows Phone 8.1 devices, an iPhone 5S with the latest iOS (Not Beta) and NONE of them connected!

How about perhaps you tell me what devices it does work with because so far the only thing I've seen it work with in a high traffic environment was an iPad with iOS 7.

I haven't used Android 5.1 with it that was someone else who said it wasn't working with it.

I tried with an old Cyanogenmod version of Android 4.2 and it did not work. I also tried with a Windows 10 PC, two Windows Phone 8.1 devices, an iPhone 5S with the latest iOS (Not Beta) and NONE of them connected!

How about perhaps you tell me what devices it does work with because so far the only thing I've seen it work with in a high traffic environment was an iPad with iOS 7.

Maybe you are doing it wrong? ;-)

Maybe I am, except I got the iPad iOS7 to connect. Also I don't really know how you can get it wrong given you just enable a few checkboxes. However I did try various combinations with/without dogma or beacon response and just MKV Karma no PineAP etc. A variety of different ways all not working.

Maybe they should say what devices it does work on.....I'd assume they have test devices. If they are only testing iPhones for example then they should say that.​

Also I did research how it works, watched that 60 minute video where they talk about how good PineAP is and they have 9000 SSIDs at once or something. I also used SSH to directly use aireplay-ng to do deauth etc, found it more effective. Pretty certain I'm not doing it wrong.​

Edited by Noxious