Where did you hear about Hak5?

Darren Kitchen

For me it was when the producers approached us in LA and asked if we would move to Williamsburg, Virginia to produce an online video show about computers and technology. Wess and I, being out of work actors, took the job under the conditions that we would never speak of said producers. Thus Hak5 was born and every month we would spend countless hours memorizing scripts so that we sounded like we knew what we were talking about.

No wait. That's now how it happened. Rewind.

So, Where did you hear about Hak5?

I read about it on the revision 3 forums. Then stopped reading those forums cause it's mostly either people that blame all their problems on comcast or people that think kevin rose and sarah lane are their best friends.

moonlit told me about it. He was on msn one day and had his name edited to something like if its important, im in the chat room or something to that effect. I asked him what he was referring to, and.. well... basically you guys get to blame him for me :D

For me it was when the producers approached us in LA and asked if we would move to Williamsburg, Virginia to produce an online video show about computers and technology. Wess and I, being out of work actors, took the job under the conditions that we would never speak of said producers. Thus Hak5 was born and every month we would spend countless hours memorizing scripts so that we sounded like we knew what we were talking about.

No wait. That's now how it happened. Rewind.

So, Where did you hear about Hak5?

Don't even joke that, im still so very disillusioned that the hosts from Hometime don't know what they're doing. :)

I checked it out when the Diggnation forums reported you guys did the Diggnation spoof.

I think it was an article that was posted to digg which had a list of some of the best IPTV out on the web at that time, and Hak.5 was on it. It sounded good and had nothing using the bandwidth at that time so I downloaded and watch.

I think it must've been twit and digg that mentioned you shortly after ep1 and I've been hooked since. However I didn't really become part of the community until after ep 5 or 6 -- I lurked a bit then decided to join the forums when I started seeing posts regarding proxy servers.

I was searching on my usual japanese pr0n sites. On one lovely picture, a girl who had an octapus expertly placed, there was a tv in the background. Said tv had the words hak.5 on it. So here I am.

When i think japanese octopus pr0n i think hak point five :) .... touching (the story...not myself)

I was search on my usual japanese pr0n sites. On one lovely picture, a girl who had an octapus expertly placed, there was a tv in the background. Said tv had the words hak.5 on it. So here I am.

When i think japanese octopus pr0n i think hak point five :) .... touching (the story...not myself)

strangest entry yet

Can't remember exactly.

i think it was from a google search, can't remember.

the first time was before the first episode, all there was was a preview for ep1.

i thought, this is gay, these guys don't even have an episode out

...little did i know

I first found it on google video. Just as episode 10 came out I think. I'd watched a few other IPTV computer type shows with great expectations. None of them really seemed to live up to my expectations apart from hak5.

So I watched the entire backlog of episodes, and then signed up for the forums. Then I found out there would be no-more episodes for 2 months. Nooooo! :P

Basically bit torrent overload, ran out of TV shows to download, so started downloading these weird free TV shows from the net. Hak.5 was one of the few I liked, and the forums were fun.