What IRC users didn't want to say here

manuel

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fail thread is fail. This thread is now about kittens.

[Doctorly voice] "Mr. Kitteh, you look pretty comfortabuhls. But you know what might improve your nap even more?"

[snapping neck sound, followed by purring]

"Better, right?"

dsc00699.jpg

Shanks very much Doctuh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm done..., I don't want to get banned.

for me, the show is great.

the reason why some users complain is because there expecting giant long episodes filled with hardware and software hacks each week.

even big budget shows cant keep up with that each week. it is just too expensive

it is also harder to push out episodes each week. as theres less time to edit and there isn't enough time to make everything 100% perfect and still live a normal life

This is true, I mean hell, they already do not live a normal life.. 4 people living in a house, you on camera the second you hit the lower floor, and the internetz 24/7. AND to top it all off your doing a show each week together and working a full time job?

I commend the Hak5 team, because this would drive me absolutely batshit!

I commend the Hak5 team, because this would drive me absolutely batshit!

The above is the smartest posting I have read in this entire thread.

amusing, simple, direct and logical *I tip my hat to you*

Someone close this frigging thread please.

Topics like this always end the same way with two to three parties bickering and carrying on like either brown nosed fanbois or intellectually challenged twats.

The point is moot.

Hak5 will do whatever it wants to do....we're along for the ride.

They're most likely contracted to say a certain amount about the product, show a certain number of supporting material and/or take up predetermined amount of time depending on how much the advertiser wants to pay.

Actually Squarespace is the exception to the rule when it comes to advertising. The ad sales team sends a spec sheet with the bullet points (typically 3-5) for an advertisement and we put our own spin on it. With the squarespace campaign the spec sheet simply says "Tell 'em honestly what you think of the service, good or bad."

And I'm a fan of the service. So when given the creative freedom in an ad I decided to turn it into something informative about the product and started taking the mini-tutorial angle to show off some of the neat stuff squarespace can do. While it did drag on it wasn't 5 minutes. In the future I'll keep it tighter. I'm a fan of the 30 second spot. One can do that with a GoDaddy or Netflix read but when you're given that kind of freedom in an ad, well, I ramble.

Someone close this frigging thread please.

Topics like this always end the same way with two to three parties bickering and carrying on like either brown nosed fanbois or intellectually challenged twats.

The point is moot.

Hak5 will do whatever it wants to do....we're along for the ride.

While I see the camps I still appreciate the constructive criticism. This thread has been the most valuable I've read all year. I simply wish more posters would focus on the constructive bit.

Regardless, as you've seen already changes have been made based on feedback. I'm particularly interested in hearing your feedback on 419 and 423 (420-422 were from CES and don't count in this context).

While I see the camps I still appreciate the constructive criticism. This thread has been the most valuable I've read all year. I simply wish more posters would focus on the constructive bit.

Regardless, as you've seen already changes have been made based on feedback. I'm particularly interested in hearing your feedback on 419 and 423 (420-422 were from CES and don't count in this context).

423 is a major improvement over 419. I didn't really get the new segment layout before, but it's made much clearer now. With time, I can see each episode getting better and better until the format is clearly defined. I like the single, separate segments (more focused), then reconnect everyone in the end. It'd be nice to start with everyone together too.

I don't get all the hate surrounding snubs either. I'll be really disappointed if she becomes the advertisement monkey and never gets her own segments because flamers don't appreciate them. The cooking is a little, odd. I have no feelings either way with this one. It doesn't hurt being there, nor hurt being gone.

All in all, the show is much more fluid. I can't really describe it, but it the flow between segments and during segments is just right.

I simply wish more posters would focus on the constructive bit.

C WUT I DID THAR?

I don't get all the hate surrounding snubs either. I'll be really disappointed if she becomes the advertisement monkey and never gets her own segments because flamers don't appreciate them.

Me too! I'd hate to be the Ad monkey! I'm no ad monkey! Cat.. maybe...

funny-pictures-cat-asks-if-you-love-him-

Me too! I'd hate to be the Ad monkey! I'm no ad monkey! Cat.. maybe...

funny-pictures-cat-asks-if-you-love-him-

That photo is so sincere and sad......., heartbreaking.

I am 21 now and I am pretty drunk... but i do want to say a few thing.. First "you just lost the game", second "I can please(with sex) godzila", third "snubs, tell darren to let you do something other than screen savers and what not, also If you will marry me I will prmise you grilled cheese every day".

glad to see im not the only one who likes to hang out on here drunk (DingleBerries). Snubs everyone on here (that matters) loves you. i put in a vote also for Snubs to do another segment!!

<- not drunk but really tired and delirious (does that count?) Snubs, I'd love to see more of you on the show and even single segments with you in them. Honestly I think your segments/spots are done very well, at least I am happy with them anyway, but to be honest (and I think I am speaking for everyone) we'd love to see more of you no matter what you did.

BTW** I would love to see some spots where it's just about one of your fav. sites each week. Yah I know other people have done this on other shows, but This show I know is not just a bunch of paid advertisements or friends sites/products that would be shown off.

• 2 weeks later...

Call me a hypocrite if you like, but you fuckers can't have a constructive conversation about anything withing calling each other out for epenis extensions.

Locked, just like it should've been 2 weeks ago.