PandoraRip - copy, tag, organize, download album art

konfoo

Is it just me or is this program no longer working? (/em slaps himself shouldv'e read last posts)

heres part of the debug (i checked and a few of the songs i dont have...):

Sniffed Media!

Sniffed Media!

863 Scan(s) completed for 24 Temp Dir(s)

0 Total Tracks Ripped :(

Sniffed Media!

Queued UnCached Track

ReCached UnCached

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same problem I have had. I reinstalled everything, checked plugtmp directory everything is there, Flash 8r24, etc. I am on a wired network, so not sure (even checked IP to be sure it was correct), Any help would save me from renaming all of the saved tracks.

What version of Firefox are you guys using that are having problems , pandora rip works for my brother np, but I forgot I had recently upgraded to 2.0.0.17 and then had the problems the next time I loaded pandora rip?

I might have to roll firefox back to get pandora rip to work again I think.

Ok I just rolled Firefox back to version 2.0.0.16 and Pandora rip is working and grabbing tracks again.

I haven't ever used Firefox 3.0 or above so don't know if or what versions Pandora Rip works with, apparently

version 2.0.0.17 changed something in the way it handled XLM files or something in the release notes.

But I can confirm that it works for me on version 2.0.0.16.

I just downloaded the installer for my language (eng us) found here and ran it to roll back.

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

Clicked on 2.0.0.16

Then win32 (they have mac and linux too)

Then the folder for the right language setup

Pretty simple , seems all my bookmarks and plugins are intact.

Hope this helps some that are having problems.

Ok I just rolled Firefox back to version 2.0.0.16 and Pandora rip is working and grabbing tracks again.

I haven't ever used Firefox 3.0 or above so don't know if or what versions Pandora Rip works with, apparently

version 2.0.0.17 changed something in the way it handled XLM files or something in the release notes.

But I can confirm that it works for me on version 2.0.0.16.

I just downloaded the installer for my language (eng us) found here and ran it to roll back.

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

Clicked on 2.0.0.16

Then win32 (they have mac and linux too)

Then the folder for the right language setup

Pretty simple , seems all my bookmarks and plugins are intact.

Hope this helps some that are having problems.

\

Worked great - THANKS. Did not even realize Firefox had updated itself. Flashswitcher does not work, but I have taken my machine back to Flash 8 earlier trying to fix the problem, so I am golden. Thanks again

Ok well i was using FF 3.0.3 and PandoraRip didn't work i tried 3.0.2 and it didn't work, i tried 3.0.1 and i half-ass tested it so i can't say if it works or not (i think it might), i'm currently using 3.0.0 and it so far PandoraRip has ripped 2 track so far (detected others but already had them on my pc)

For anyone looking to download 3.0.1 (you can install over a newer version and it will keep all your addons/themes settings as long as they are compatible) --> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or....1/win32/en-US/

--edit--

If you don't want Firefox to update go to and uncheck Firefox:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Update -> Automatically check for updates to: -> Firefox

For anyone looking to download 3.0.1 (you can install over a newer version and it will keep all your addons/themes settings as long as they are compatible) --> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or....1/win32/en-US/

Thanks, darthneo.

I have 3.01 up and running now (had to re-install Flash Switcher, too).

konfoo's creation lives again!

I use this ( http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6014 ) stand alone version of firefox along with PandoraRip. This way I can have my main FF browser updated with the latest and still rip with PandoraRip.

I start up stand alone Firefox

Close the Jar after it loads

In the stand alone FF i cancel the loading Jar page

then go to the regular pandora site and start the music.

Than I start up Pandora Rip

No problems rips every new file and skips already downloaded files.

This lets you have the latest firefox and flash

I also want to report I got it working under Ubuntu using the latest wine (version 1.0-rc1).. not sure if anyone's reported success on that? Quick how-to:

Firefox in Ubuntu without wine (a bit more work):

1) I used FF 3b5 which comes with Ubuntu Hardy

2) Get latest wine (I used 1.0-rc1)

3) Make a link to bridge between your native temp directory and wine's temp directory:

Wine tells PandoraRip the temp directory is in c:\windows\temp. When Pandora runs, it creates a folder in the temp directory called "plugtmp", but running firefox in linux, it puts this folder in /tmp/, so make a link for it:

ln -s /tmp/plugtmp [wine's drive_c]/windows/temp/

For me, the wine C drive is at /home/myusername/.wine/drive_c/

4) Run pandoraip.exe in wine (I just double-click it on desktop)

5) Play pandora in FF and enjoy.

What flash verison/player did you use because i can't find adobe flash 8.x for linux, and right now pandorarip isnt working with flash 9 :(

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a tutorial using Portable Firefox. This will allow you to leave your current install of Firefox alone (and up to date).

1. Create a folder structure like:

D:\PandoraRip

D:\PandoraRip\Music

2. Download PandoraRip to \PandoraRip\PandoraRip-xxxx.exe:

http://www.geopacket.com/PandoraRip/

3. Launch it and choose the Settings tab. Click the dropdown on the right and select the IP of your network card. Check Grab UnCached Tracks. Click Change and browse to \PandoraRip\Music.

4. Click on the Terms of Service tab and check the box.

5. Click Rock On then right click on the system tray icon (X) and choose Exit. Relaunch it to update its settings.

6. Download Firefox_Portable_3.0.1_en-us.paf.exe to \PandoraRip:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...lease_id=614806

7. Run the installer and load it to \PandoraRip.

8. Create a text file called FirefoxPortable.ini in \PandoraRip. Paste the following text and save the file:

[FirefoxPortable]

DisableSplashScreen=true

AllowMultipleInstances=true

9. Run FirefoxPortable.exe.

10. Type about:config in the address bar. Type the word cache into the filter. Double click on network.http.use-cache to set it as false.

11. You may have to disable the other versions of Flash that are detected. Click Tools/Addons and click on the Plugins tab. Right click on 10.0, etc and choose Disable.

12. Install Flash Switcher and restart Firefox:

http://www.sephiroth.it/firefox/flash_switcher/

13. Click on the Flash icon in the corner and set it to 8.0 r24. Once Firefox restarts click on the Flash icon again and verify that it says 8.0 on the top. If you receive an error then you will need to manually install Flash 8 from the archive:

Browse to: http://www.sephiroth.it/firefox/flash_switcher/

Right click on the download link for flash_switcher.xpi and save it to \PandoraRip

Rename it from flash_switcher.xpi to flash_switcher.zip

Browse to plugins/win/8.0 r24 inside the zip file

Copy NPSWF32.dll to \PandoraRip\Data\plugins\NPSWF32.dll

Restart Firefox and it should now work fine.

14. Browse to http://pandora.com. If all goes well PandoraRip should start working its magic.

15. Right click on the Pandora interface and choose Settings. Click on the Folder (Settings) tab. Move the slider all the way to the right to change it to Unlimited.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I have seen this come up before but has still been unanwsered. I get this error message when I select the Internet Interface (or the IP adress) in the Setting of PandoraRip:

10022: [10022] Invalid Argument.

I have a clue that this may be because I am connected to the internet through a router, but I don't know for sure. Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...

zisforzorro: i'm behind a router and don't have that problem

Ok, I don't know if this is available here, but I got my setup working and I'm going to share it. Unzip the files anywhere and it will work. I just open run.bat, and walk away from the computer. The first time you'll have to do some setup for the ripper, and accept the TOS/EULA.

Oh .. also, I created a greasemonkey script that's automagically included to run on the pandora website. It refreshes the page every hour, and shows a nice little countdown, and has buttons to stop/restart the timer :) .

Have fun!

ps, I can't get the uploader on this forum to work, so I'm going to upload the zip to a few hosting places so the file stays in cyberspace:

http://www.mediafire.com/?edddm2emgjw

http://www.filefactory.com/file/be3077/n/PandoraRip_zip

http://meiskam.yi.org/upload/files/PandoraRip.zip

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10/13/21.../PandoraRip.zip

thank you very very much hobbit. It works vperfect for me. Now I can update firefox. How can I connect to Pandora outside USA? I use proxys and proxy sel (in firefox) and it works when I find some good proxy. but sometimes the proxys work very bad (incomplete songs, bad connection,...) If somebody use a better way to connect to Pandora outside of USA please tell me. Thank you

thank you very very much hobbit. It works vperfect for me. Now I can update firefox. How can I connect to Pandora outside USA? I use proxys and proxy sel (in firefox) and it works when I find some good proxy. but sometimes the proxys work very bad (incomplete songs, bad connection,...) If somebody use a better way to connect to Pandora outside of USA please tell me. Thank you

Use HotSpot Shield, it's free, and it works!

Thank you birra but how does it work?. Can I use HotSpot Shield with my own internet connection? and can I use HotSpot Shield just with one Firefox window? Thank you

Just run HotSpot Shield, and it works.

But it doesn't work with one single FireFox window, so you can't seperate it.

Does this program still work? I've tried with no success with the portable version as well as non-portable.

Desktop Dir: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\PandoraRip\

Application Data Dir: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\PandoraRip\

Output Dir: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\PandoraRip\

Temporary Files Dir: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1\

Application Temporary Files Dir: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1\PandoraRipTemp\

Any advice for fixing this? I've done all the caching disabling, etc... but no dice yet.

Does this program still work? I've tried with no success with the portable version as well as non-portable.

Application Temporary Files Dir: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1\PandoraRipTemp\

Any advice for fixing this? I've done all the caching disabling, etc... but no dice yet.

You're using Vista. In my experience, it does not work on Vista. Works great on XP. Thank goodness I dual boot. :P

Check this thread out . . . I use Vista and this plugin works great.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running this for over a year, excellent program. Props to konfoo.

Problem arose recently, and I haven't seen anything on it here, so I though I'd thow it out there.

I'm running FF 2.0.0.12 flash 8.0 r24. Haven't switched it - don't need to.

PandoraRip rips nearly every song (it often misses the first one). But here's the problem - it rips them at approximately double speed. Anyone else have this problem? I'm tired of my music sounding all chipmunk-y.