Attn Beer Drinkers of the EST

Heinzanova

Darren last night I was watching thru a show (new watcher, catching up) and I saw you put down a Yuengling Lager and get a bottle of canadian cat urine. What is wrong with you my man? Yuengling is great beer (well Kegged, bottle meeehhhh). What I would do for some Yuengling, god. Having grown up in PA, and attending school around the north east, I drank it all the time.

Now in Cali... all we have is crap.

Except for when the local importer gets a six of Abe De Laffe in (good shit).

thats all, I just had to put it on paper, that you are on my shit list after last night's episode...

Most people who spout off arguments like these tend to have only tasted Pilsener beers from various breweries. Why don't you treat your taste buds to some quality special beers, like doubles, triples, quadrupels, weizenbeers or the more seasonal bokbeer (Decent chance it's called different in english. This is a traditionally autumnal beer).

Yuengling is my favorite American beer. But having tasted some of the fine beers from Canada I've got to say some of them are quite tasty. Every trip we take to Toronto is also considered a very long beer run. We normally pick up a sampler pack or two, or six, of Sleeman or Rickard's. But honey browns and reds are wonderful. And the 5.5-6% alcohol content make them all the better. Drink less, drunk more. But we only pick up a few cases every other month, and they go quickly.

The episode you are referring to is the one where Jenn Cutter came down to visit from Toronto. She brought back several cases of Rickard's Red, and after drinking so much Yuengling, anything new and different is a delight to the taste buds. I don't share Jenns views about American beer being tasteless. Maybe if you're talking about the generic Bud, Busch, Michelob then sure. But Yuengling is in a class of its own, along side good brews such as Blue Moon and Legend Lagger.

If you pay close attention I was in fact drinking a Yuengling on that episode, until of course I caught heat from Jenn. And as to be polite and not upset the Canadians and cause riots I decided to partake in the experience. It's all about international relations my good fellow.

And trust me, when we get the chance to go down under and sample Victorian Bitter, or head across the pond for, well, whatever amazing laggers and ales they offer, we will in fact do so.

For a semi-complete list of my favorite frosty beverages see the list in my profile at www.hak5.org/wiki/Darren_Kitchen

Good day sir.

How I read it

Yuengling is my favorite American beer. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah . Drink more cases every month, and they go quickly.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Jenn Cutter Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Good day sir.

I just shiver at the thought of setting down a Yuengling as a lonely solder, when there are people building your technology out here in damn silicon valley, who can't get any Yuengling :'(

We used to goto Canada back in the day to drink, XXX oh yeah... good stuff, esp when you are 19 and going across to Niagra ment you could legally drink, and drink we did.

btw Jenn Cutter ftw.

As per my tastes in beer, I didn't say that is all I like, I enjoy Sam Adam's cherry wheat, Bourium (spl?), Double Chocolate Stout (mmm), I am also down with a few of the DIPAs and a few house brews at local breweries back home (not so much cali).

last but not least, I will IM you about the rolling rock sign, what is your zip code?

If you want to talk about bad beer come to Rochester and get some Genesee beer that stuff is more vile then lake Ontario.

or you could go down to PA, and get some IC Light (Iron City, Pittsburg) Augh... had a few of them while I was at Penn State, no matter how drunk I was, I always could taste that steal worker piss... nasty.

Oooohhh, another beer thread. Well, throughout my beer drinking escapades, ive come across a shitload of good beers. And most good beers are unfortunately made outside the USA. The good beers in the US mostly come from brewpubs or smaller less commercial breweries. Some good large scale brews in the US are Widmer's Hefewiezen for the seasoned beer drinker, or a blue moon with an orange for someone trying beer for a first time. Sam Adams is always a good choice. As far as cheaper beers go where i live, i try to stick to something with at least a bit of full flavoredness if that is a phrase, like Molson Canadian. For americans who want to try some good imports, try Stella Artois, Duvel (both belgian), Negra Modelo (mexican), Bitburger (german) or for a real Aussie beer Cooper's pale ale.

I could seriously talk about beer for hours...

I myself don't usually go out to buy beers because I simply haven't found one that's really appealing to me.

I've had Sam A and Red Hook and both were OK. I like mixed drinks and twisted tea's because of the sweetness of them. I like hard liquors that go down fast. I've downed a Miller quite easily because it was more like flavored water than beer.

Anyone have suggestions for a good beer that a newbie would appreciate?

I myself don't usually go out to buy beers because I simply haven't found one that's really appealing to me.

I've had Sam A and Red Hook and both were OK. I like mixed drinks and twisted tea's because of the sweetness of them. I like hard liquors that go down fast. I've downed a Miller quite easily because it was more like flavored water than beer.

Anyone have suggestions for a good beer that a newbie would appreciate?

Old Brown is a low-alcohol beer that's really sweet.

I think a lot of Doubles are kinda sweet comparitively, but beer is supposed to be a good mix of sweet and bitter.

See if you can get your hands on La Chouffe. It's rather herbal in terms of flavour which most people can appreciate with ease. In fact, every person I've talked to felt that *ANY* beer drunk after La Chouffe, other than more La Chouffe, tastes like crap. La Chouffe has a very recognisable cutesy leprechaun on its label.

There are a couple others I could recommend, but I don't think they're exported much. Stuff brewed by De Dolle Brouwers, a small-time belgian brewer, particularly comes to mind. They add candy to the beer once the fermentation stage is over. The lump of suger both sweetens the beer, and restarts the fermentation with the bit of yeast that's still in the bottle.

Um. You do know that a lot of special beers have a deposit of yeast in them, yes? So you pour the beer out slowly, and leave the last bit either in the bottle, or pour it into a shot glass for the so-called "yeast pill" if you like the taste of it.

Um. You do know that a lot of special beers have a deposit of yeast in them, yes? So you pour the beer out slowly, and leave the last bit either in the bottle, or pour it into a shot glass for the so-called "yeast pill" if you like the taste of it.

There's a beer here called Ipswich Ale that comes in a clear gallon jug.

Some friends of mine and myself bought some and just before we were to drink it, one of them saw the sediment on the bottom and thought to shake it up. AHHHHH we had to wait while it settled again, meanwhile verbally beating the crap out of him.

anyone here brew there own>?

I currently have a double boch (bach>? i cant belive i dont know how to spell it!), a brown ale, and am attempting to make an english style porter...not sure how its gonna be its a tad fragrant (me thinks contamination)

favorite beer currently:

froc - heather ale

porters, and any brand of imperial stout.