Antec Skeleton

sli-sam

Skeleton

World's First Open Air Case!

What a load off Bull!!!

Way back i build a complete working pentium 60 on a wooden plank.

I believe i still got a working Pentium 4 build on a wooden plank laying a round some where on the attic

Gerard

Skeleton

World's First Open Air Case!

What a load off Bull!!!

Way back i build a complete working pentium 60 on a wooden plank.

I believe i still got a working Pentium 4 build on a wooden plank laying a round some where on the attic

Gerard

Im with DeGrijze, what a load of shit. Waste your money on that, its inpratical, expensive, and id rather save the money and use 'wooden plank pentium 4' :)

imagine if a kid comes and touches your computer.

waste of time and money.

computers are in cases to keep bugs out, so this is retarded, no?

Computers are in cases to:

Protect there 'sensitive' electronics.

Make them more user friendly, "Power button is here" sort of thing.

Computer cases don't keep insects out, they are, instead, favorable web building structures for spiders.

computers are in cases because they protect it from objects falling on sensitive parts

example

it something like a screw driver were to fall on the case, it could hit the motherboard and destroy part of the PCB or cause a short

if anything splashes and water flys in, it could also cause problems

while open air does provide good cooling performance, it is not very safe

many people use home made work benches for pcs if there constantly and quickly changing parts for testing or other stuff as there just more convenient but everyone I know who has a workbench will eventually move the system into it's own proper case

if there was a steel grid like whats over the fan, but covering the entire case then it would be better but other than that, it is a waste of money and a unsafe thing to use

while some people may say oh I will never let anything fall on my pc. thats like saying I will never get hit by lightning,

no one plans on this, it just happens

no one will drop stuff on their pc on purpose unless there crazy or something

Yet more examples of how ridiculous the whole gaming hardware scene is. They'll try any gimmick and cash in on any fad. I'm glad to see the consensus around the forums seems to be that of the cynic hardware enthusiast/hacker.

QFT

Gaming is the one and only reason I still use windows. ( I have several virtual machines i prefer to use and dual boot fedora with vista on my work laptop.)

I have an antec 900 because of the room it gives me but this thing is retarded.

If there were some clear plexy encasing it to protect the inards, then maybe, but the dust alone and risk of ESD, food, drink, kids(and any other object getting inside) leave it open to fail. Looks cool, but not practical as is.