messed up comp.?

uNpRo1337

It sounds like your operating system has been infected with virii and maybe even trojan horses.

Solution: Disconnect your machine from the net, backup your important data and make a clean reinstall.

To prevent future damage, try using:

a) Brain 1.0 (google it if unknown)

b) Good anti virus software

It's a good idea to have anti-virus/malware/adware-yadayada software.

I've been a big fan of Avast Antivirus. It's free and it's got a very small footprint (unlike norton or mcaffee)

I use Ad-Aware and Spybot:S&D. They seem to do the job. Also not going to shady websites and downloading random things helps too ;)

while many of these infections can be removed if you have the time

since many trojans make so many system changes and cause so much damage, it is usually almost impossible to fix all of the damage done

so it is generally faster to do a fresh install

Anti-virus programs suck ass. Linux is the answer or just be a lot more careful on what you install. Also good hard drive order is a help when look for and finding virus'. A cluttered hard drive makes it easier to hide things.

Its odd, I never used to use anti-virus, browsed all the dark bits of the web where your bound to pick up viruses with IE6 (didn't start using firefox until 0.7) and played with warez on a daily basis. Eventually paronoia got me and I decied to install AVG. Didn't pick anything up except the viruses I was collecting.

So it would appear that user habits have more to do with system security than the OS or presense (or lack) of an anti-virus program.

Its odd, I never used to use anti-virus, browsed all the dark bits of the web where your bound to pick up viruses with IE6 (didn't start using firefox until 0.7) and played with warez on a daily basis. Eventually paronoia got me and I decied to install AVG. Didn't pick anything up except the viruses I was collecting.

So it would appear that user habits have more to do with system security than the OS or presense (or lack) of an anti-virus program.

I'd have to agree to some extent, so long as any of the sites you visited didn't have any exploits, then your always going to be safe. But even friendly sites can get infected or taken over just like anyone else, so you never know when a hidden iframe is going to send you a little zero day sploit from amazon or instructables, etc.

Hell, If you practice of safe surfing, you can probably get away with IE and no virus scanner or even 3rd party firewalls since Windows has one built in, but I don't take any chances since any number of sites can be compromised. Especially popular media sites like cnn, new york times, msnbc, etc.

I run behind a switch and firewall with Opera as my main browser with all settings off by default(No java, javascript, plugins, etc) except for sites I allow it on. I have never gotten a virus. Ever. Only false positives on some sites here and there, but no infections, just warnings that things were blocked from harming my pc. I know there are things out there that can find a way in to any system, so it's never a bad idea to use preventive measuers.

Do you have realvnc?

I had a server running about a year ago with realvnc turns out it had a big security hole in it and my pc was owned in 5 days after install :/

doo dah la la woo hoo, sorry im just carrying on with the song that moonlit started hahaha.... Ok dude i think you should start off with a good av like kaspersky then you need to scan DUH delete all the virii, then go to gpedit and set things right, like whatever got changed such as task manager disabled or cmd disabled, u knw that ol chestnut....

If u dont wanna look for all ur errors then just download this program and set everything back to normal, trust me wether or not that is ur problem ull stil find this program usefull sometime or another

http://en.sergiwa.com/modules/mydownloads/...cid=2&lid=1

oh and one more thing get a program like scotty patrol to see what hidden process might still be running