What are your favorite free roaming pc games

Razor512

by free roaming i mean games where you can pretty much go anywhere you want  like  elder scrolls oblivion,  STALKER shadow of Chernobyl 

these  games are usually fun to explore and mess around in when you don't feel like  playing a game where you have to follow  a story line and quest 100% of the time

currently looking for more  which ones do you recommend?

I played Lineage II <-- way too annoying endgame

Everquest II for a while.. but there are just TOO many quests..

Altho I liked it a lot:)

MMORPGS are time consuming so I had to stop.. especially with all the die hard players there..

I know Red Faction wasn't a free roaming game but I've got to say I spent hours just clearing out levels then digging tunnels with the rocket launcher. There was something about the ability to destroy the level that was so satisfying.

Another big one for me recently has been Burnout Paradise. If you're a racing fan I highly recommend it. The world is all free roaming and it's not too MTV  style blinged out like NFS Carbon or something like that. Missions are at intersections and you only have to complete so many to get to the next rank so if there are events you're not good at or don't particularly like you can just skip 'em. The gameplay is totally fun. The only thing I can think of that would make the game better is multiple radio stations al la GTA to choose from but "DJ Atomica" from "Crash FM" was totally rad.

I played Silkroad Online for a long time :P but thats more like a MMORPG...

Yeah Silkroad Online :Pit was/is a nice game, good graphics (I like the detailed sakura trees:p) but it was getting bored after a while.

Are some of you really addicted to a game? I did, when I had a gameboy it was pokemon :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Oooo, I liked Crysis and Assassin's Creed (But that is most likely because they are the only 'free roaming' games I have).

I liked Red faction too (Although I didn't know the world was destroyable  :-? )

I'm playing assassins creed on the PC right now and Kill zone for PS2, I don't usually play games when they first come out. Manhunt 2 is the only one i have played right when it came out and assassins creed makes murder/suicide so easy.

I really did brush off what the critics said about Assassin's Creed being boring after the first three assassinations, but, its true :( . You do exactly the same thing over and over again. I even ended assassinating the beggars and stuff that got in my way just so I could attract the attention of nearby Guards...

I really did brush off what the critics said about Assassin's Creed being boring after the first three assassinations, but, its true :( . You do exactly the same thing over and over again. I even ended assassinating the beggars and stuff that got in my way just so I could attract the attention of nearby Guards...

Every time one of the lepers hit me I would high profile assassinate him... made the game A LOT more enjoyable.