PandoraRip - copy, tag, organize, download album art

konfoo

OpenPandora uses embedded IE to load and render pandora. As such its temporary files are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 on windows XP. However there is a minor problem, as soon as flash is done loading the song data or XML data files it will commit them to memory and delete the temp files, which are locked until deleted. There is a way around this however and if there is an interest I will elaborate on the subject.

I looked at it. Not worth the effort right now to add support for it.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have no problem with gurus or 'PandoraRip', i'll try the

later if it's ported to a Linux LiveCD which i can consider

to be safe - contrary to self-installing Windows packages.

Of course, i won't bet this will happen neither but it's your

toy entirely and we don't need to care for each other's...

Last.fm is a site much like Pandora but different in the way it works. It actually does artist on demand. You set up a profile, choose the artists you like and it will play from their music and any single songs you add to your database. There is a web app and a pocket pc app also. It has a slightly different business model than Pandora. They pay licensing to the artists and publication companies per song like Pandora but put a cap on hearing one song 5 times total....unless you pay 5 dollars a month. Their library is just as extensive as Pandora and based on what I hear, they are doing better financially than Pandora who might have to shut down due to small margins after paying out royalties. Last.fm doesnt force you to hear anything other than the songs and bands you like and there is not the same suggestion setup as Pandora which has its pros and cons. Pandora has support for only a few Sprint phones and the Iphone...no third party app for streaming to phones in general like Last.fm.

Hope that helps.

I tried opening and closing the browser and turning the Rip on and off and I still get the tracks I erased ?

something funny happened while using pandorarip haha anyways I was listening to pandora and the song crystal ball by keane loaded, but pandorarip ripped the song can't stop now by keane. At first I thought that it was an error in tagging the name, but when I played the song it was can't stop now by keane not crystal ball haha

anyways I was just wondering if this happened with anyone else?

Ok, so I followed the instructions in the readme but it still only rips songs sporadically.

Here is the rundown:

Installed firefox 3.0.1 (is this version not good?)

Changed cache setting on firefox.

Installed flash switcher add-on and set it to 8.x

Opened PandoraRip did the EULA and cache setting.

Started pandora and....nothing but one song out of first five.

Any suggestions?

This is the same thing that happens to me. I have xp pro. It is random as to which it will grab though.

Yeah, I let it run and got the occasional random song. Not sure what to do next. At least Pandora Jar gives me every song (and posts to last.fm) even though it doesn't tag the album (for crying out loud). I think I'll have to stick with it if I can't get Rip to work 100%.

Oh, and i get " 10022: [10022] Invalid argument." for an error message as of late.

That usually means something in your registry is corrupted for TCP configuration. Spyware scanners/removers and uninstallation of networking tools will sometimes muck the reg settings up. You can try http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html.

something funny happened while using pandorarip haha anyways I was listening to pandora and the song crystal ball by keane loaded, but pandorarip ripped the song can't stop now by keane. At first I thought that it was an error in tagging the name, but when I played the song it was can't stop now by keane not crystal ball haha

anyways I was just wondering if this happened with anyone else?

Pandorarip will sometimes rip tracks that haven't started playing yet but are 1 or two songs in the future. This has to do with how Pandora delivers their XML and cache :P

That usually means something in your registry is corrupted for TCP configuration. Spyware scanners/removers and uninstallation of networking tools will sometimes muck the reg settings up. You can try http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html.

Totally appreciate the speedy reply, however, didnt work. I couldn't ever torrent files either unless it was a single kb at a time. I still get an invalid arguement claim. I am running over cable high speed, 3 mbs, a linkysis wireless router and a netgear card. I have attempted to portforward, allow exceptions in firewall, and make ports available. This is a problem i have been working on for literaly a year or more. I am sick of this problem. If someone could fix this problem, i would be indebted to them.

I just thought that it would be great if pandoraRip would automatically put the ripped files into a folder for each station

i mean like if i listen to "rock Radio" it saves all music played there into the folder Rock Radio and if i switch to "Ska Radio" it saves it to a folder named ska radio

so it wouldnt mix me up the different styles and i dont need to make playlists :D

Ok, i see the lack of response after 5 days and come to the conclusion that none of you know whats going on either. I would really REALLY apreciate it if youd help me.

Yeah, I've asked for that too, but I think it's impossible (at least it is when you use Quickmix).

I love this program! It worked great until today. I tried reinstalling everything, fixed my registry (winsockrepair), released IP, etc. No luck. I am running a desktop with XP and here is the log file:

Initializing

Desktop Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxx\Desktop\PandoraRip\

Application Data Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxx\Application Data\PandoraRip\

Output Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxx\Desktop\PandoraRip\

Temporary Files Dir: C:\DOCUME~1\DRMICH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\

Application Temporary Files Dir: C:\DOCUME~1\DRMICH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\PandoraRipTemp\

Monitoring Started

Sniffed Media!

Queued UnCached Track

ReCached UnCached Track

50 Scan(s) completed for 5 Temp Dir(s)

0 Total Tracks Ripped :(

Sniffed Media!

Queued UnCached Track

ReCached UnCached Track

Sniffed Media!

Queued UnCached Track

135 Scan(s) completed for 5 Temp Dir(s)

ReCached UnCached Track

210 Scan(s) completed for 5 Temp Dir(s)

290 Scan(s) completed for 5 Temp Dir(s)

I checked all the obvious, including plugtmp, EULA, scanner checked... Can you help?

Mike

Oh, and i get " 10022: [10022] Invalid argument." for an error message as of late.

I had that problem when I was on a wireless home network, as soon as I went back to hard wire connection it worked fine again until today.

Not sure, but I may have forgot to switch my flash back to 8r24 a few times while on that wireless setup, so not entirely sure if it was the problem or not.

konfoo, it seems pandora mucked things up again today or last night, pandora rip isn't working at the moment.