PandoraRip - copy, tag, organize, download album art

konfoo

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input. I am having the same issue as the poster above with the error before launching the app. Beyond that, what does flash player mean....as in....I need to make sure i have updated to a certain version with Firefox? Where do I get that? Macromedia.com? Would the error reported by the other user keep it from downloading cached tracks? Sounds like it would be the reason I am not getting tracks to download. Where do I check to see which version of Flash I am sporting ?

Please search the thread in future:

http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic...amp;#entry84673

A tethered pocketpc would probably have 0% likelihood of working if you are using it as would appear to be the case. I'm not sure why you would go that route regardless, since if you do a netstat you can figure out what applications are bound to which ports on your machine. Good luck.

I tether my phone alot as I am out and about. Usaully it works for just about anything. Pandora streams just fine over it. I will check what you mentioned. Do know that I have read this thread in entirety more than once. also done searches. Thought perhaps my phone would not be the same as a network card. Guess not, at least in function in this case.

Looks like Pandora did another update last night, the interface is different now.

On thumbs upping or down and menu options ect.

Whatever they did it messed with the tagging too.

PanoraRip rips the song, gets the right artist, album and album art, but gives it the wrong title name.

It grabs the next song title in Que, has been doing this since last night.

Make sure you have the "Grab UnCached Tracks" checked in the sniffer settings.

Not having that checked would be the only reason I can think of for it skipping tracks or

the fact that it was already ripped before. Do you check the debug log?

Pandora doesn't put every song into the temp folder, so you have to tell PandoraRip to reach in

and grab it...The Ninja can't rip out the heart out of his enemy if he knows not where the heart is.

prerequisite = anatomy 101 , follwed up with - Why rip out your enemie's heart when you can check

off a box and have it done for you with less cleanup and fuss.

Ok I wasnt sure what it did so I didnt want to use it, what does it do? Cuz if it isnt in temp you cnat copy it can you?

The debug log just said it was monitoring.

Also sometimes it doesnt do anything it monitors but doesnt grab or anything maybe the uncached will help Ill try it.

Thanks.

Well Konfoo could better answer that, but from my basic understanding, it pulls in the files that pandora doesn't actually place in the plugtemp folder.

Just make sure you have the latest update, running flash 8.0 r24 using flash switcher posted earlier here and things should work great.

I'm no expert, was just trying to be funny and also help you out on the uncached headsup.

Works great. Thanks.

I have some requests about destination folders.

1) PandoraRip makes a folder named "PandoraRip" on the desktop regardless of the output folder specified in the settings tab. It should only make the destination folder where that setting specifies if the folder does not exist. Would you please check that part of the flow?

2) Am I correct that the destination folder path cannot have spaces? "D:\Pandora Rips\" does not seem to work. Is that a related bug or what? Please enable spaces if possible.

3) Would you enable local storage of settings.ini, id3v2.dll and defaultcover.jpg? PandoraRip is forcing them in the Application Data folder.

Great to see the new releases, especially given the net broadcasting fee garbage that is going on now. Thanks, again.

I think it uses a packet snifer or something like that and pulls in the xlm files that pandora doesn't load in the temp files.

But i could be way off on that, that's the beauty, at least Konfoo knows what's up and how to do it.

Cool, but why doesnt it just enable that as default then? Why wouldnt you want that?

Oh and I am using the latest one I downloaded a new one yesterday and flah switched to 8.24 or something.

I also have the problem where it creats a desktop folder and when I delete it the next time I use pandora it still says its saving in the folder I made but starts dnloading to the desktop. Nice app tho!!!!

When you change the directory it downloads to you have to close it then restart it to get it to work, at least that's what I noticed.

Not everything can be push one button then take a nap.

Who cares if you have to do a little bit on your own.

Still a lot better than doing it all manually.

1) PandoraRip makes a folder named "PandoraRip" on the desktop regardless of the output folder specified in the settings tab. It should only make the destination folder where that setting specifies if the folder does not exist. Would you please check that part of the flow?

That's intentional. In lieu of charging a fee, the application is at least going to brand itself ;).

2) Am I correct that the destination folder path cannot have spaces? "D:\Pandora Rips\" does not seem to work. Is that a related bug or what? Please enable spaces if possible.

Spaces work fine (the default location is 'documents and settings' on xp..).

3) Would you enable local storage of settings.ini, id3v2.dll and defaultcover.jpg? PandoraRip is forcing them in the Application Data folder.

Are you using a roaming profile on a domain?

Cool, but why doesnt it just enable that as default then? Why wouldnt you want that?

This is totally intentional. I'm not going to enable a network sniffer by default. You as a user need to make that decision and turn it on.