What is the packet squirrel?

m40295

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, rottingsun said:

So I ended up having a major issue with a VMware host at work and missed the live. Anyone care to share their impressions of the PS? 

I got you fam.
Preshow: 

The main event:

I was there. It was dope.

Thinking about PoE passthrough, I think I probably just need an Ethernet cable with the data wires going through the PS and the power wires going around it, with an 8-pin RJ45 coupler to plug into the original cable going to the AP.

Think I've jut given myself some work to do when my PS gets delivered.

PoE has been on our feature wish list since the onset of development, but we wanted to start with the basics and prove the platform first.

You're right that it would be trivial, with the right cable, to pass along the PoE.

As far as powering the device, we have a potentially interesting solution that we're investigating.

Yikes. Why did shipping change? Shipping the bunny was only 3 bucks and change. But the packet squirrel is 16$ for the cheapest shipping option. That's quite the hike. Do i need to spend a certain amount to get the cheaper shipping? I'll throw in a lan turtle SD... Nope. Still 16 bucks. 

11 minutes ago, UnLo said:

Yikes. Why did shipping change? Shipping the bunny was only 3 bucks and change. But the packet squirrel is 16$ for the cheapest shipping option. That's quite the hike. Do i need to spend a certain amount to get the cheaper shipping? I'll throw in a lan turtle SD... Nope. Still 16 bucks. 

I'm looking into this now. It should be the same as the Bash Bunny.

2 hours ago, Darren Kitchen said:

Seems like there was a tick box unchecked that prevented the USPS shipping option for domestic Packet Squirrel orders. It's available now. I'll have to coordinate with the team in the morning and make sure all is well. 

Thanks for the quick response and fix. Placed my order moments ago! 

Ah man ..  Taxes and duty was $30 CAD on my 111 dollar order.  I can't believe duty was $20.  Really happy about the preorder discount, it at least offset the cost of those border gougers a little.  I bought 2 in hopes that a friend will buy one and split the extra costs with me.

Thankyou for the discount..  Really really appreciate it.

11 hours ago, Darren Kitchen said:

Seems like there was a tick box unchecked that prevented the USPS shipping option for domestic Packet Squirrel orders. It's available now. I'll have to coordinate with the team in the morning and make sure all is well. 

Are you going to reimburse those of us that paid the extremely high shipping price to receive our package a week later? That was the most I have ever spent on shipping for an item. It appears to have balanced out the preorder discount to become same as the normal price.

16 hours ago, Darren Kitchen said:

You can't be serious! I placed the order just hours before you said this!! :O

4 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

You can't be serious! I placed the order just hours before you said this!! :O

I'm just waiting for the Elite Field Kit to be updated....

raw.gif

But I would really like to know is how much LAN could a LAN Turtle LAN if there was 3 LAN turtles in Elite Hack Kit? 

giphy.webp

5 hours ago, Wahmseux said:

I'd like to know when the field kits will be updated with the new gear. Is there a known release date for that?

Darren said Monday (23 OCT)  but I don't mind waiting. I'm sure they have to figure out which LAN Turtle(s) are going to go in which kit now there are 3 of them among other logistics, supply chain and pricing stuff that goes along with new products being added to the catalog. Regardless of what the price is though I'm buying the Elite Kit! 

1 hour ago, reubadoob said:

I'm buying the Elite Kit! 

I just wish it came with a NANO instead of a TETRA because I am not going to use it to test wifi every day. I can, however, use the NANO as a personal VPN hotspot and router for my devices on the go. That I would just leave configured in my backpack every day. 

With a second squirrel, I could set up a Squirrel to Squirrel nut exchange (like a site to site but nuttier)

2 hours ago, HeavyVin said:

I just wish it came with a NANO instead of a TETRA because I am not going to use it to test wifi every day. I can, however, use the NANO as a personal VPN hotspot and router for my devices on the go. That I would just leave configured in my backpack every day. 

With a second squirrel, I could set up a Squirrel to Squirrel nut exchange (like a site to site but nuttier)

Xtra points for Cracking that nut joke 

2 hours ago, HeavyVin said:

If Hak5 offered a custom field kit I'd be all over that  option in addition to speaking with a tax account to figure out how I could write off the purchase

Archived