What is the packet squirrel?

m40295

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Draxiom said:

Sweeeeet. I'll be there! Can we purchase the new device at the party? How much should I bring?

Yes. $0 if you're one of the first 100 at the party. $40-50 if you're not. There'll be other new devices too -- it's not just a Packet Squirrel launch party, it's en entire Hak5 Gear event ^_^

5 hours ago, Darren Kitchen said:

Yes. $0 if you're one of the first 100 at the party. $40-50 if you're not. There'll be other new devices too -- it's not just a Packet Squirrel launch party, it's en entire Hak5 Gear event ^_^

55c0eb2822b2ede2f20b2a127af27f60.gif

Any chance of setting up preorders (yes I know we don't know what it is yet, but I would still purchase from my previous good experience with Hak5 stuff), Gotta say only a couple of companies I know of have such a loyal following that people will buy their stuff without even knowing fully what it is. (Hak5 and Tesla are the  only 2 that comes to mind).

I ask about pre-order as I'm leaving the country for a few weeks around the start of November and would love to play with new toys on my break. 

Not sure if it would get here in time if I were to order on release date. 

Also while this looks nothing like the picture I would love something like this 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1m-GPS-Positioning-Pick-up-Line-Tracker-Remote-Tracking-Cable-GIM-Answer-Monitor-USB-Charging-Data/32813314360.html?trace=msiteDetail2pcDetail

or a better one on Amazon handles both IOS and Android devices = https://www.amazon.com/Tracker-Vehicles-Charger-Tracking-Device/dp/B0719692ST/

But have it instead take over the network of whatever device it's plugged into. 

So it looks like a normal USB cable but has LTE or 3G and can assume default network device. 

Would obviously work on PC/Mac/Android and IOS as main candidates. (just dropping ideas :-) 

Only thing not sure about if it needs a network controller chip at both ends in case it's plugged from PC to Phone (log + take over both networks and have full End-2-End device control), 

Anyway I await the 20th and the new devices (Plural - WhoooHooo)

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing what else is being released! Shame I can't make it IRL.

It's sad being on the other side of the world sometimes because of the amount of huge events that go on over there that I can't go to..but in other ways I'm glad I don't live in America, ha.

@Darren Kitchen

Just wondering, 

I know Hak5 team will most likely be busy with the event on Oct. 20

I am just wondering if you can tell me when preorders will ship, as I am in the US on contract and would like to get an idea if I will have time to have my order shipped to where I am currently residing here or if I should have it shipped to my home country.

Thanks

On 12/10/2017 at 1:07 AM, Darren Kitchen said:

I think we may do a pre-order next week leading up to the launch on Friday, but it wouldn't be publicized really. Just something special for us cool peeps on the forums & IRC.

But where could we pre order the 3 products?

On 10/9/2017 at 9:20 AM, Darren Kitchen said:

$40-50 for the packet squirrel? What about the other two? How much to get all three?

3 hours ago, Darren Kitchen said:

Pre-orders would be filled day of release on the morning of the 20th. I'll update this thread early next week when it's ready -- I just need to coordinate with Sara and Jayson first to make sure this doesn't break anything =P

Woo!

Archived