Shipping Delay for WiFi Pineapple TETRA

They're currently in Hong Kong with the freight forwarder before getting on a plane. It'll be 3-4 days from boarding to when we have them in hand. Once they board I'll get updated tracking info from the air carrier and I'll relay that here. Thanks again everyone for the patience and understanding!

No problem here. Appreciate the update Darren.

The shipment coming in will satisfy the backorder + a few more to spare. A subsequent shipment is coming in a week after so we should be good for the foreseeable future there after.

Got word from the freight forwarder that it's in line to get on a plane and once it does we'll have them 2-4 days depending on customs. We actually win a little since they're going East past the international date line. :)

• Upvote 3

We actually win a little since they're going East past the international date line. :)

Think they could just go around the date line a couple more times and get here even sooner!.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

A little while longer ain't gonna kill me... Especially since it's due to quality control. Appreciate you keeping us in the loop Darrin.

MTA

The shipment coming in will satisfy the backorder + a few more to spare. A subsequent shipment is coming in a week after so we should be good for the foreseeable future there after.

Got word from the freight forwarder that it's in line to get on a plane and once it does we'll have them 2-4 days depending on customs. We actually win a little since they're going East past the international date line. :)

Great to hear that availability update. I will be ordering a Tetra once I get my notification they are again available for ordering.

Hey Darren,

Can we get another update on the Tetra? I ordered mine on the 2nd and on the 4th you said it was about a 2 week delay. 2 weeks came and went. 5 days ago you said it was in line to get on a plane and you should have them within 2 - 4 days. Have they arrived yet?

When you get them, will you need time to test to confirm that the original issue isn't still an issue? Can you clarify a bit more what the actual issue was with them?

• Upvote 3

I feel terrible about this since so much of it is out of my hands. I'm sincerely sorry for the delay. I was just assured that they would be leaving the port by air on the 2nd. Since they're going by air it should only be 2 days before we receive them. We have everything we need to ship them out and we'll be setup to turn them around as quick as possible - hopefully same day if they come before 3 pm. I assure you we've done everything we can to mitigate any further delay.

Everyone at Hak5 is prepared to jump in to fulfill the first batch as soon as they arrive. I put a hold on any new orders as soon as we confirmed that replacements were needed -- otherwise if it were software I'd be reflashing each unit by hand myself. We will not need to substantially delay fulfillment for testing once they arrive since the procedure has been verified on our development units. The RF shielding components were enhanced for system stability.

Again I can't apologize enough. I'm sorry I let you all down. If there's anything I can do to make the experience better for you please let Sara or I know.

• Upvote 4

Again I can't apologize enough. I'm sorry I let you all down. If there's anything I can do to make the experience better for you please let Sara or I know.

Dude! You didn't let anyone down. We understand and we're with ya. Without you there wouldn't even BE a TETRA to be waiting for! Or Mark V, IV, III and all else... We're good..... :grin:

Edited by netentity

+1 agreed with the guys above me. Whatever man. Glad to hear an update. This isn't an Amazon Prime order for toilet paper. I knew what I was potentially getting into when I ordered. (30th of Dec)

I'd much much rather have something you're happy with than something rushed.

• Upvote 1

Darren, I have moved since I ordered this on the 2nd (I chose 2 day shipping in hopes of getting it before I moved) is there anything that can be done to change my address in the system? I updated my account on the myshopify.com account but the order still shows my old address. I can still get the order at my old address, but it will involve a 1 hour drive to go pick it up.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

I would have sent this as a PM but your box is full apparently.

Darren, I have moved since I ordered this on the 2nd (I chose 2 day shipping in hopes of getting it before I moved) is there anything that can be done to change my address in the system? I updated my account on the myshopify.com account but the order still shows my old address. I can still get the order at my old address, but it will involve a 1 hour drive to go pick it up.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

I would have sent this as a PM but your box is full apparently.

Email shop@hak5.org with your oder number.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Great news! They've left the port and I have tracking ^_^

I'll update as soon as it updates with an ETA.

It shouldn't be long now! :grin:

Thanks everyone so much for the patience!

I feel terrible about this since so much of it is out of my hands. I'm sincerely sorry for the delay. I was just assured that they would be leaving the port by air on the 2nd. Since they're going by air it should only be 2 days before we receive them. We have everything we need to ship them out and we'll be setup to turn them around as quick as possible - hopefully same day if they come before 3 pm. I assure you we've done everything we can to mitigate any further delay.

Everyone at Hak5 is prepared to jump in to fulfill the first batch as soon as they arrive. I put a hold on any new orders as soon as we confirmed that replacements were needed -- otherwise if it were software I'd be reflashing each unit by hand myself. We will not need to substantially delay fulfillment for testing once they arrive since the procedure has been verified on our development units. The RF shielding components were enhanced for system stability.

Did they just leave the port in Hong Kong? or the port in the US?

I'm hoping US since you were assured they would be leaving the Hong Kong port by air 2 days ago :-)

Patience folks. Whether it's the port in Hong Kong or the USA port it'll be within the next week or so that people are getting their shiny new pineapples.

It's likely the Hong Kong port - would assume a 2-4 day wait now for shipping and customs and then the turnaround once they get to Hak5 HQ!

• Upvote 2

Patience folks. Whether it's the port in Hong Kong or the USA port it'll be within the next week or so that people are getting their shiny new pineapples.

It's likely the Hong Kong port - would assume a 2-4 day wait now for shipping and customs and then the turnaround once they get to Hak5 HQ!

WeatherTech. I'm not trying to be a jerk (and I know it's tough to judge tone on the internet) but you don't know if they will be here within the next week or so. I'm a patient person but I get frustrated when every date we've been told they would arrive has passed. I would be ok with that if I was kept updated as to what was going on. The only time we got any updates is when we come to the forums and ask. So there is nothing wrong with asking after each date we are told.

I'll admit, I was pretty annoyed at the beginning of the month because I ordered mine and expected it to be shipped on time. They didn't notify me of any delay until a couple days after I emailed to ask why it wasn't shipped. That's the only email I received from the team there.. The email said 2 weeks and 2 weeks passed without hearing from them again. Not everyone who buys stuff from the shop comes to the forums to search for updates on what they buy. We should have been emailed with an update.

I normally don't read forums because they're difficult to find what you're looking for because they get cluttered with posts (like this one) that don't help the topic much. I only came here to get updates after finding out it was the only way they were notifying anyone who bought the tetra.

And Darren, I realize it's out of your control. I'm not faulting you for the delay. I know you guys put your heart in to everything you do. I just want to be kept updated.

Whoa DigitalData, just chill.......this is a new release......if you don't even realize Darren and Sara are so awesome for checking the "first shipment". The manufacturer made a mistake....not hak5.

You were offered a refund email, and wait till later when the problem has been fixed, for a month or so and get your order promptly.

Apparently you chose to not get a refund.

I'm not sure how long you have been around.....but....None of us "deserve a pineapple".... We are fortunate, there is a group of people like hak5 working on, producing and offering a product like..."the pineapple" at a very affordable price. Hey, from what I hear, they won't even let Seb get any sleep...(Send him some Red Bull or energy shots...Please)......We are also truly fortunate to have the Devs for sure they give us more good stufff......and last but not least all the people in this forum.....(I would advise you to read the "cluttered" post as call them in all the threads.....lots of wisdom in them, lots of nuggets, your going to learn a lot)

Take a deep breath, especially before you post, trust me.....your going to be happy with your purchase, and the help you get on this forum......at least if you don't p**s everyone off.

You are truly welcome here..and we are glad to see new people to add to the forums...so please don't take my post as an attack......

Its a new version of a unique product, stuff happens......

BTW......Thanks for the update Darren....

*This opinion has not been paid for or approved by hak5 or any of its affiliates.

Edited by xrad
  • Upvote 5