Shipping Delay for WiFi Pineapple TETRA

Mine is set to arrive tomorrow. I got the Nano 3 days before a 3' blizzard, now the Tetra arrives during a (small) 5" storm.

Mine seems to be stuck on the "shipping label created" stage on the USPS website.

Darren, any idea what's going on with this? Mine is too. Since it was created yesterday, it hasn't changed. Still says the post office hasn't picked it up. Today I received a 2nd email with a different tracking number and that one has the same status as well.

Hello all! I'm a new member and newcomer to Hak5 community. I think the TETRA launch has been a disaster. Let me tell you why I think this is the case:

1) If I was told from the beginning this was a laissez–faire, go with the flow, take a chill pill and wait for it, I'd be fine.

2) Shipment update email never made it to my inbox. Yes, I checked my spam folder, and no, I shouldn't have since the initial purchase confirmation email made it straight to my inbox.

3) USPS is the worst carrier available and their tracking page is as helpful as looking at fish entrails.

4) Forums are the worst place for purchasing or shipping information.

5) I shouldn't resort to haranguing Hak5 via email or Twitter to get basic information on the current status of purchase.

6) Timely and clear communication goes a long way.

Cheers!

It's been my past experience with the USPS that even though the website appears to be "stuck" on "created a shipping label" the actual item is in fact well on it's way. Not saying that's what's happening here but it'd be my bet. The USPS website is horrendous at updating. That's not Hak5 or Darren's fault. Also, this is just my opinion but I don't feel that Hak5 is you're typical online business selling items that can be found from any number of different sellers online. What they've developed is unique and quite a "nitch" market. Being as such I'd also seem to doubt they're profiting greatly from what they're selling. I could be wrong but it at least seems to me that they're in this more to share information (which is how original hackers of the 70's and 80's felt) than to line their pockets and become the next Zuckerberg. Speaking for myself I'm just happy as hell they do what they do and for the reasons they do it cause I really don't think they "need" to. It's not like I can just go and order a Pineapple, Nano or Tetra from somewhere else.

For that I say thank you Darren and Hak5.

• Upvote 1

It's been my past experience with the USPS that even though the website appears to be "stuck" on "created a shipping label" the actual item is in fact well on it's way. Not saying that's what's happening here but it'd be my bet. The USPS website is horrendous at updating. That's not Hak5 or Darren's fault. Also, this is just my opinion but I don't feel that Hak5 is you're typical online business selling items that can be found from any number of different sellers online. What they've developed is unique and quite a "nitch" market. Being as such I'd also seem to doubt they're profiting greatly from what they're selling. I could be wrong but it at least seems to me that they're in this more to share information (which is how original hackers of the 70's and 80's felt) than to line their pockets and become the next Zuckerberg. Speaking for myself I'm just happy as hell they do what they do and for the reasons they do it cause I really don't think they "need" to. It's not like I can just go and order a Pineapple, Nano or Tetra from somewhere else.

For that I say thank you Darren and Hak5.

Yeah...I really hate USPS tracking but they reliably do deliver to my address. At least locally here I'd probably rank the major couriers as UPS, USPS, FedEx (could be different elsewhere).

Although I have noticed USPS tracking got a bit better in the last year or so when Amazon started routing a ton more packages through them for last mile delivery. However, the last week or so I've had lagging tracking for a number of packages through them (not only this Hak5 package). Hopefully it's a case of lagging updates vs not being shipped out.

If they went out on Monday I should have it today! But I think perhaps closer to Friday is a better bet ;)

Yeah, mine will get here in a day if it would just leave the Hak5 warehouse. Probably they need time to box everything up I guess.

Still worth the wait IMO - most of us have waited this long without issue so far so what's a few extra days ;)

I still think it's possible some of us with USPS shipping might just be a victim of the terrible consistency in tracking updates for that carrier. I have 4 Amazon packages due to be delivered today that all say out for delivery - here's to crossing my fingers the TETRA is in with them :D

Be sure to take pictures so those of us still waiting can envy you! ;)

Ha, will do. Thought about doing a quick unboxing video...

Okay, here are some very quick and dirty shots. I have to run out, won't be able to get any more until later. There are a couple with all three devices as well...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0w4my6jspxf1pom/AACV7qRHPlga6w1msBQRTfjDa?dl=0

• Upvote 1