Shipping Delay for WiFi Pineapple TETRA

Whoa DigitalData, just chill.......this is a new release......if you don't even realize Darren and Sara are so awesome for checking the "first shipment". The manufacturer made a mistake....not hak5.

I honestly didn't think DigitalData was out of line. After all he/she did say the following:

WeatherTech. I'm not trying to be a jerk (and I know it's tough to judge tone on the internet) but you don't know if they will be here within the next week or so.

And Darren, I realize it's out of your control. I'm not faulting you for the delay. I know you guys put your heart in to everything you do. I just want to be kept updated.

It's frustrating to not receive something you've ordered in a timely manner. I ordered my TETRA on Dec 30 or 31 (whichever day they were released). Darren has kept us up to date on the forums and I feel that is enough. You will get your TETRA eventually and, honestly, you probably won't have to wait much longer.

Edited by sud0nick

The one thing I think WAS out of line is him pretty much implying that he has not been kept updated. Darren has done an excellent job in keeping us updated. The entire team is very busy and they don't spend their entire day posting updates on the shipment of TETRAs. Call me a pessimist but when I ordered my TETRA I knew full well that there could be a significant delay. This was confirmed when the original issue was found.

I'm not upset or anything - I just think that there needs to be a clarification. The shipment doesn't have GPS tracking on it :P - Darren HAS provided and I'm assuming will CONTINUE to provide updates. I think an update every couple of days is more than enough.

I'd rather have a QUALITY product than one that was rushed off the production line.

No hard feelings - we are all entitled to our feelings and opinions.

DigitalData - I actually DO know (with high confidence) that they'll be here within the next week or two. Darren told us that it would be a few days from when they left the port and then a quick turnaround time once they reach Hak5 HQ. I'm not sure how you missed that in his recent messages. Barring another production issue or the shipment falling off the plane I'm not sure how you could read that they'd be delayed another few weeks.

Peace!

EDITED TO ADD: I realize not everyone reads the forums. But given that we all have some tech knowledge and Hak5 is excellent in providing support via the forums - I'm not sure many people wouldn't think to check here for updates! I know it was my first stop to check for updates. It is one thing if we were ordering advanced grandma knitting machines to have to check a forum - but we are tech enthusiasts...we practically live on the internet ;)

Edited by WeatherTech
  • Upvote 2

I want to apologize specifically to DataDigital. It seems like you didn't receive the initial email regarding the delay. I'm sorry - it wasn't out intent to just expect everyone to come here for updates. I understand how frustrating it is when you have to email us first to find out.

We had 2 or 3 issues where people didn't receive the initial delay email due to either checked out with secondary account or spam filters. We're trying to be 110% accommodating and communicative, which is why I've been keeping this thread updated with the latest information I receive as well as linking here from emails to individual customers.

I want to welcome you along with other newcomers to the forums and the WiFi Pineapple community and offer my sincerest apologies for the delay. I'd like to start off on the best foot and I hope you will find the community as helpful and welcoming as I have over the last 7-8 years of the project.

Now on to the update and answers to your questions:

* They've left passed clearance review and have been scanned for export. From our experience this means they'll be here within 1-2 business days -- though sometimes sooner as they fly over the weekend. Clearing on the other side means it'll be quicker to us once they get to the states. We also have the bonus of going West across the International date line.

- 02/04/2016 10:42 P.M. The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release. Kwai Chung, Hong Kong

- 02/05/2016 11:38 A.M. Export Scan

* We will have enough inventory to both fulfill the initial orders (the majority of which are you posting here) as well as new orders. Obviously the backorders will leave the warehouse first.
As always thank you all for your continued patience and understanding.
  • Upvote 4

I never got any emails other than my initial purchase receipt on the 30th. I didn't even know there was any until I read about it here. I'm not worried about it, just want to let people know they aren't alone or singled out.

I did pay for upgraded shipping, which was refunded. That was my 1st clue. But I've been hanging around the forums since the mark 4.

I never got any emails other than my initial purchase receipt on the 30th. I didn't even know there was any until I read about it here. I'm not worried about it, just want to let people know they aren't alone or singled out.

I did pay for upgraded shipping, which was refunded. That was my 1st clue. But I've been hanging around the forums since the mark 4.

I didn't get the email either so maybe something is wrong with the system. I also paid for upgraded shipping but did not get a refund...

I didn't get the email either so maybe something is wrong with the system. I also paid for upgraded shipping but did not get a refund...

I got money refunded back... I was just *guessing* that it was for shipping.... I'm not 100% sure.

Just got an order shipped email! Anyone else?

You beat me to it -- THEY'RE HERE!!! Been busy busy busy all morning. Labels are printing, boxes are packing, and Sara is super happy to have the back-orders clearing out of the ship queue!

OvxRMxu.jpg

We're full steam ahead shipping every order and hope to have them all out today :grin:

• Upvote 3

That's super great news! Now I hope there are plenty of them left for new orders....

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

Would prefer the EU shop having them in stock but that will still take a while as they still have to complete certification procedures. :-/

So I guess I'll have to take the US shop and have my painful invoice from customs.

Hi everybody. I am new in the forum. I ordered my wifi pineapple since december 30 2015, and me too didn't got any emails for the shipping delay so I searched in the forums and find this post. I was thinking in get a refund but when i read all the good coments and the support of all you to Darren I decided to wait and trust in Hak5.

Today I got an email with my shipping notice and can´t wait to have it.

Darren I hope you continue doing cool videos for the Pineapple University and show all the new features and modules for the TETRA so I can learn alot.

Cheers!

There are no additional charges.

Also I'm very surprised to hear how many people didn't get the initial email. I'll be mocking this scenario up again with a test product and a few accounts myself and see if I can't reproduce it. Thus far shopify has been pretty good to us in the email department.

• Upvote 2

Also I'm very surprised to hear how many people didn't get the initial email. I'll be mocking this scenario up again with a test product and a few accounts myself and see if I can't reproduce it. Thus far shopify has been pretty good to us in the email department.

Hopefully everyone who did not receive did check their spam folders and such before reporting not receiving it at all. Also possible that a few here and there did not check their spam folders until it had cleared from the spam inbox (not sure what the various email providers offer in terms of longevity for spam). Or maybe it was just a hiccup. Either way, thank you once again for the effort you guys (and gals) have gone through with everything.

Just got shipping notification!

:aww yeah face:

Got my notice earlier today. FANTASTIC news! Like having another Christmas.

Thanks so much Darren and everyone else at Hak5.

I got the order confirmation email on 12/31/15 and then the shipped email this afternoon and that has been all I have seen with regard to the Tetra.