[Release] 1.1.0 - Codename: CLIceratops

Sebkinne

Hey everyone,

When we released firmware version 1.0.4 we aimed more for stability than including new features. I think we achieved this pretty well and ended up with a very stable base for future development. Now, after almost three months, we are releasing version 1.1.0 of the WiFi Pineapple MKV firmware - and it packs a bunch of features!

Because this is mainly a feature release, let's get right to the new changes:

• Webinterface overhaul.
    • The interface's backend has been sped up.
    • Infusions (tiles) can be minimized into a bottom bar. This greatly improves loading speeds by minimizing any infusions you don't currently require.
    • Installing, updating and removing infusions is now much more convenient and not as painstaking.
    • Some components started using the WiFi Pineapple CLI.
  • WiFi Pineapple CLI (See this picture).
    • Introducing command line infusions! More on that here.
    • Karma control
      • Persistent black/white lists.
      • Allows viewing of black/white lists.
    • Lots and lots of new things to come in the future!
  • Force Atheros drivers to accept user's regdomain settings (read: you can change your country reg code now and therefore country specific settings).
  • Fixed issues with setting / changing the password.
  • Default date and time set to 2014-01-01 00:00:00 to prevent issues with OpenSSH and password expiry.
  • Netcat has been upgraded to the original netcat (from the limited busybox implementation).
  • Python openssl libraries have been included for module developers.
  • Further decrease chances of bricking.
  • Various other miscellaneous fixes.

Download: Over the air through the web-interface. (alternatively at https://wifipineapple.com?downloads)
MD5: d03d3768d1cb3a4130b3eda5ce75ec0c
Note: To flash this over the web-interface, please make sure your info tile is at it's latest version.
As usual, please leave any feedback in this thread.
Bugs, suggestions can also (and should be) be left here.
We hope you enjoy this release!
-The WiFi Pineapple Team

J58FzJi.png

Fantastic! Faster Loading times, No issues , and better responsiveness.

+1

Flashed with no issues last night. Didn't get a chance to get things back to my norm, but the speed increase was easily apparent.

I just got my Pineapple a couple weeks ago, so this is my first time flashing firmware.

I have the power adapter plugged in, and I'm hooked up via ethernet. I got the message:

MD5 Matches. Performing upgrade.

[Spinning Pineapple]

Please wait. This can take a while.

On the Pineapple the greenlight is solid, and the yellow, blue, red lights flash very fast in succession once a second or so.

It's been like this for over an hour (I got distracted doing something else)

I cannot ping the Pineapple.

What should I do?

I just got my Pineapple a couple weeks ago, so this is my first time flashing firmware.

I have the power adapter plugged in, and I'm hooked up via ethernet. I got the message:

MD5 Matches. Performing upgrade.

[Spinning Pineapple]

Please wait. This can take a while.
On the Pineapple the greenlight is solid, and the yellow, blue, red lights flash very fast in succession once a second or so.

It's been like this for over an hour (I got distracted doing something else)

I cannot ping the Pineapple.

What should I do?

sounds like its done flashing, you should be able to connect to the pineapple and browse to http://172.16.42.1:1471/

and login

Edited by Crazy52

sounds like its done flashing, you should be able to connect to the pineapple and browse to http://172.16.42.1:1471/

and login

I'm not able to connect to http://172.16.42.1:1471/ on ethernet. After re-running wp5.sh I am now able to ping 172.16.42.1 from my computer that is connected via ethernet to the pineapple, but I am not able to SSH to it though.

I am able to connect to the pineapple wifi network and it give me an IP, but the web interface doesn't load there either.

So I guess I just had to power cycle the pineapple and all was well. I didn't realize it wouldn't come back up on it's own.

Did you flash over wifi?

Either way, it seems to have been a connectivity issue. Those flashing lights you mentioned mean it flashed successful and had re-booted after the flash.

Glad it worked out so well!

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Posted · Hidden by Sebkinne, March 6, 2014 - wat?
Hidden by Sebkinne, March 6, 2014 - wat?
Jan  1 00:24:25 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA d8:b3:77:f1:85:30 IEEE 802.11: disassociated due to inactivity
Jan  1 00:24:26 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA d8:b3:77:f1:85:30 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
Jan  1 00:24:42 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 00:90:4b:58:5d:0d IEEE 802.11: disassociated due to inactivity
Jan  1 00:24:43 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 00:90:4b:58:5d:0d IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
Jan  1 12:22:58 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA d8:b3:77:f1:85:30 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Jan  1 12:22:58 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA d8:b3:77:f1:85:30 IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 1)
Jan  1 12:29:13 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 00:90:4b:58:5d:0d IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Jan  1 12:29:13 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 00:90:4b:58:5d:0d IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 2)
Jan  1 14:23:49 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 00:90:4b:58:5d:0d IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Jan  1 14:23:49 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 00:90:4b:58:5d:0d IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 2)
Jan  1 14:57:05 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA d8:b3:77:f1:85:30 IEEE 802.11: disassociated due to inactivity
Jan  1 14:57:06 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA d8:b3:77:f1:85:30 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
Jan  1 14:57:22 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 00:90:4b:58:5d:0d IEEE 802.11: disassociated due to inactivity
Jan  1 14:57:23 Pineapple daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 00:90:4b:58:5d:0d IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE

Still a paper weight.

So I thought I'd be cool and minimize all of the tabs I wasn't using. Now I can't get them back up to where I can use them. When I click on the box with the name, the tile goes away. When I refresh the page they come back as the minimized tiles again. Am I a nub?

I have tried using Chrome and Firefox (IE wouldn't load any tiles at all. I hate IE). I have tried disabling all add-ons, allowing pop-ups, and clearing the cache/history.

Edit: New windows that I minimize seem to work fine. I will factory reset and see if this fixes the problem.

Edit2: Re-flashed, reboot, problem solved.

Edited by jmelody

Hi all,

I have upgraded to 1.1.0 and noticed that karma is not working. Anyone else having an issue with it?

I installed v1.1.0 this past weekend. Karma was a bit slow presenting the 'faked' SSIDs the first time starting the service after the upgrade, but has been functioning fine since.