I don't know if you have fixed your module yet, but yesterday I downloaded it on 2.70 and it was not working. The issue is that it wants you to keep the wireless on in the gui but in 2.70 you want to turn it off because it doesn't disable radio0 and if you keep it on you can not change the channel.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you have fixed your module yet, but yesterday I downloaded it on 2.70 and it was not working. The issue is that it wants you to keep the wireless on in the gui but in 2.70 you want to turn it off because it doesn't disable radio0 and if you keep it on you can not change the channel.

Hi,

It's not released yet, I'm working on this. Should be done tonight (Brussels time).

Cheers !

Hi !

v0.3 submitted to the pineapple team

Changes :

• Ability to bring an interface up/down
  • Reworked UI (you're welcome barry ;) )
  • Fixed Bug on reaver launch
  • Major code improvement (still ongoing)
  • Minor bugs fixed
  • Wiki is now on the pineapple wiki

Should be available soon in your favorite bar !

EDIT :

Available in the bar !

Have fun and feed me back in case of problem/suggestion.

Cheers !

Edited by Hackrylix

Great work:-D

but the issue of it saying reaver is not installed is still there?

I have it installed to usb already as per my setup script and can confirm it is installed.

I can't test this module because if it detects its not installed it wont run

if I opkg remove reaver

then install to usb through the reaver module to usb it works, but I should not have to do that.

could you please post the code to how you install reaver? I don't have time to track it down and I want to see how yours differs the way I install reaver to usb

Edited by petertfm

Great work:-D

but the issue of it saying reaver is not installed is still there?

I have it installed to usb already as per my setup script and can confirm it is installed.

I can't test this module because if it detects its not installed it wont run

if I opkg remove reaver

then install to usb through the reaver module to usb it works, but I should not have to do that.

could you please post the code to how you install reaver? I don't have time to track it down and I want to see how yours differs the way I install reaver to usb

Hi,

Very very strange bug, should be always ok (isn't it the purpose of "which" ?!)

Maybe somebody has been through the same error ?

Here is how I test if it is installed :

/**
* Hackrylix
* Test if a command is installed
* @param String The command to check
* @return int 1 if true or 0 if false
*/
function isInstalled($command)
{
return exec("which $command") != "" ? 1 : 0;
}
[/CODE]

And this is how I install it (on usb or not) :

[CODE]
$cmd = "opkg update && opkg install reaver ";
if (isset($_GET['onusb']))
{
$cmd.=" --dest usb &";
}
else
{
$cmd .=" &";
}
echo shell_exec($cmd);
[/CODE]

Hope it will help.

Cheers!

Hi,

Very very strange bug, should be always ok (isn't it the purpose of "which" ?!)

Maybe somebody has been through the same error ?

Here is how I test if it is installed :

/**
* Hackrylix
* Test if a command is installed
* @param String The command to check
* @return int 1 if true or 0 if false
*/
function isInstalled($command)
{
}
[/CODE]

And this is how I install it (on usb or not) :

[CODE]
$cmd = "opkg update && opkg install reaver ";
if (isset($_GET['onusb']))
{
$cmd.=" --dest usb &";
}
else
{
$cmd .=" &";
}
echo shell_exec($cmd);
[/CODE]

Hope it will help.

Cheers!

Ok should this command not be

return exec("which ".$command) != "" ? 1 : 0;

Second the module does not detect when reaver is installed to usb

Third the module altho select usb checkbox it does not get installed to usb rather internaly.

Third the module altho select usb checkbox it does not get installed to usb rather internaly.

I guess this is related to the problem I had, and others too, regarding reaver module creating an empty logfile.

That put aside, I really like what you did in 0.3 regarding the function to bring up wlanX!! B) This actually works! I wish that this solution also could be integrated to the NetworkManager.... ;) Guss I could look into the code, and make my own patch..

And the fact that wlan1 is the default chioce for starting monitor mode is great!

All those little things makes such a difference in user experience. Although one might get a bit lazy... ;)

Thanx for great work! :D

Hi, thanks for the feedback !

So :

First :

Don't forget that in PHP, when you use double-quote (") to delimit a string, you can pass directly the variable name and it will be interpreted.

So it should work as well it's working on my favorite fruit... (Am I mistaking ?)

Second:

It is really annoying because the "which" command should only return a valid command path (usb or not) : the path of the program itself (so I'm sure the module will work then).

You can run the "reaver" command without having a result for the "which" command ?!

Please try this for me :

Run in ssh : "which reaver"

then

Run in ssh : "reaver"

And paste the results here so I can find out what is wrong

Third:

I don't understand what you mean :

- You want to install it on usb ? check the box.

- You want to install it on internal ? uncheck the box

To avoid any error in the future : The 'usb' checkbox will appear only in case of detection of an usb drive (in v0.4)

Thanks and waiting forward for your feedback.

I guess this is related to the problem I had, and others too, regarding reaver module creating an empty logfile.

That put aside, I really like what you did in 0.3 regarding the function to bring up wlanX!! B) This actually works! I wish that this solution also could be integrated to the NetworkManager.... ;) Guss I could look into the code, and make my own patch..

And the fact that wlan1 is the default chioce for starting monitor mode is great!

All those little things makes such a difference in user experience. Although one might get a bit lazy... ;)

Thanx for great work! :D

Hi,

Thanks for supporting me ! I'm glad to provide a useful tool to this community !

Can you please explain me what's the problem regarding the empty logfile please ?

Everything is working well for mine (just reflashed to test fresh module install) so I don't understand what can be wrong.

Thanks for the feedback too !

Cheers hackers !

Hi,

Thanks for supporting me ! I'm glad to provide a useful tool to this community !

Can you please explain me what's the problem regarding the empty logfile please ?

Everything is working well for mine (just reflashed to test fresh module install) so I don't understand what can be wrong.

Thanks for the feedback too !

Cheers hackers !

I was actually replying to the post petertfm made.

I might be very wrong, but I think that several problems reported in this thread might be related to the check if reaver is installed. This is reports with empty logfiles, and problems running/installing reaver from the module.

I just have to make it clear that this is just something I believe, and I have no coding experience. So there are huge chance I might be wrong! And you have also released several versions along the road, so this might be no problem anymore. Personally I do not have any problems with your module anymore.

And I think petertfm is trying to say that when choosing to install reaver on USB, it's actually installing internal.

ok I understand the php and variables in strings but I can confirm wether reaver is installed to usb or internal I can run it manually, but I think what is the problem is your module does not install reaver to usb, have you tested it? I have and can confirm its not on the usb but is installed internally.

if I have reaver installed to usb and run "which reaver" it just displays the path to the usb install.

the issue here I beleve is the module only detects if reaver is installed internally for some reason? and the module does not install to usb, even when you select the check box.

ok I understand the php and variables in strings but I can confirm wether reaver is installed to usb or internal I can run it manually, but I think what is the problem is your module does not install reaver to usb, have you tested it? I have and can confirm its not on the usb but is installed internally.

if I have reaver installed to usb and run "which reaver" it just displays the path to the usb install.

the issue here I beleve is the module only detects if reaver is installed internally for some reason? and the module does not install to usb, even when you select the check box.

Ok, I understand better.

So if it is installed on usb (manually) and run 'which' it works => Good to hear !

About the usb installation => I'll try to fix it asap, I have to dive deeper into this and keep you up to date.

Sorry about those annoying bugs and thanks for feedback !

Cheers

Ive been trying to fix this for ages.. cant seem to find the problem.. I pick a access point to attack, when i click attack i get :

[+] Switching mon0 to channel 11

[+] Waiting for beacon from 5C:D9:98:C0:**:**

And doesnt change, any suggestions?

Ive been trying to fix this for ages.. cant seem to find the problem.. I pick a access point to attack, when i click attack i get :

I have the same issue.

The AP may be too far away or is not wps enabled

recently, i do opkg update & opkg install --dest usb reaver via ssh. but when i install the reaver module v.0.4 it said reaver "Not Installed".

and nothing happen when i tried to click the install button, it always give me reaver "Not Installed"

should i must symlink it ?

any suggestions ?

I'll bet you can make it work if you change a line in /usb/modules/reaver/reaver_functions.php

from

to

return exec("which $command") != "*" ? 1 : 0;

Save, and refresh the page, then it should appear as installed, and most likely it's working as it should. I think you could change this back afterwards, but you'll have to test that by yourself.

BTW, this is just a simple hack, and not a solution to the problem. And please report back if this works, or if you did anything else to get it working.

I'll bet you can make it work if you change a line in /usb/modules/reaver/reaver_functions.php

from

to

return exec("which $command") != "*" ? 1 : 0;

Save, and refresh the page, then it should appear as installed, and most likely it's working as it should. I think you could change this back afterwards, but you'll have to test that by yourself.

BTW, this is just a simple hack, and not a solution to the problem. And please report back if this works, or if you did anything else to get it working.

Yes, it seems that "" was right all the time.. No idea why it didn't work in my case. Anyway now it does.

Hey !

So I'm a bit confused about this error :

1. which : return the path of the binary OR nothing "" if not found
  2. I installed on usb : return ""
  3. In the which man :
    which returns the pathnames of the files (or links) which would be executed in
    the current environment, had its arguments been given as commands in a strictly
    POSIX-conformant shell. It does this by searching the PATH for executable files
    matching the names of the arguments. It does not follow symbolic links.

4. Cause I can't be sure about the return of the "which" command : I'll use another way to check if reaver is installed (v0.5)
  5. Thanks for the feedback !

Edited by Hackrylix

recently, i do opkg update & opkg install --dest usb reaver via ssh. but when i install the reaver module v.0.4 it said reaver "Not Installed".

and nothing happen when i tried to click the install button, it always give me reaver "Not Installed"

should i must symlink it ?

any suggestions ?

Hello,

It seems there is a bug with the reaver check command. Working on this and release the fix asap.

Cheers !

Hi,

I think I found the error :

opkg install reaver --dest usb
[/CODE]

doesn't work well, but this seems to be ok :

[CODE]
opkg install --dest usb reaver
[/CODE]

will be available soon (in v0.5)

• 4 weeks later...