ok so I've just tried to install the reaver module to usb, it says it installed but it doesn't show up in the list of Installed Infusions, also DNS Spoof no longer works, I click start but it still shows as disabled.

it seems there isn't any space left on the pineapple for it to run

root@Pineapple:/pineapple/dnsspoof# ./dnsspoof.sh

./dnsspoof.sh: line 2: can't create /pineapple/logs/dnsspoof.log: No space left on device

root@Pineapple:/pineapple/dnsspoof#

Hi,

Are you talking about the v0.2 ?

Can you run this command to see space related stuff :

df -h
[/CODE]

Can you try to cleanup a bit if not enough space ? Look at the /root /pineapple/logs, ... via ssh. (I'm working on a tiny file browser/editor because the previous module doesn't seems updated).

Then remove the infusion and reinstall it in internal storage.

Keep me up to date.

Cheers !

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Hackrylix it was v0.2 I tried to clean up some logs via ssh but for some reason they wouldnt clean, in resources in the gui it was showing rootfs 98% overlay 98%.

I reflashed (2.6.4) as it was the quickest option to get it up and running ( I dont get much free time these days with studying and work and 3 kids )

Yeah Hackrylix it was v0.2 I tried to clean up some logs via ssh but for some reason they wouldnt clean, in resources in the gui it was showing rootfs 98% overlay 98%.

I reflashed (2.6.4) as it was the quickest option to get it up and running ( I dont get much free time these days with studying and work and 3 kids )

Okay, so the module works for you ?

If yes : have fun and maybe give me some feedback. If no, please let me know so I can fix it in v0.3 ;-)

Good luck with your studies, work and kids ^^

Cheers

Hell yeah !

Great screen install ^^

I see it's really ugly, know what you meant ;-)

I'll try to do something for you (tomorrow or the day after) and keep you up to date.

Cheers

EDIT : Just to say that I noticed some differences between the ui on firefox and chromium. Which is your hacker browser ?

Edited by Hackrylix

Check on the github wiki for a wild and unofficial way to try it (waiting for official release by admins)

I'm working on promised features.

Auto-refresh works and 2 switches are available.

Please let me know what do you think about it ;-)

Cheers !

Can you post a link the github wiki you mentioned?

First of all, redesigning the pineappleUI is pointless at this stage. Lots of cool stuff to come, the current UI won't be around that much longer. Though no ETA.

Second of all, while cool that you provide a way to install your module without the pineapple bar, there is a reason why we have the pineapple bar.

Now, I would say that I trust all our module developers to not put malicious code on the pineapple. However, one never knows. This is why we check the code of every submitted module for a few things. Of course, if users do not download from the bar, we cannot guarantee these modules to work / not be damaging.

Please know though, that I am not saying Hackrylix or any other module developer is doing/would do this, it is just the standard warning I need to issue out ;)

On a whole different note, great module!

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

First of all, redesigning the pineappleUI is pointless at this stage. Lots of cool stuff to come, the current UI won't be around that much longer. Though no ETA.

Second of all, while cool that you provide a way to install your module without the pineapple bar, there is a reason why we have the pineapple bar.

Now, I would say that I trust all our module developers to not put malicious code on the pineapple. However, one never knows. This is why we check the code of every submitted module for a few things. Of course, if users do not download from the bar, we cannot guarantee these modules to work / not be damaging.

Please know though, that I am not saying Hackrylix or any other module developer is doing/would do this, it is just the standard warning I need to issue out ;)

On a whole different note, great module!

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hi Seb,

About the ui :

I totally agree with you. Maybe in a near future but not so urgent .

About the module install :

Of course you're right, I recommend to everybody to download the module from the pineapple bar. Just for little hackers who want to check unstable versions, they can have it by my github (NO WARRANTY).

I think the most useful would be a Pineapple Framework (working on it) and a module creator with more features (framework related)

Can I add a page on the official wiki about this module ? (I didn't find the way to create a page on your wiki)

And thanks for support !

Cheers

In regards to the Pineapple framework, well, that is coming soon with the next bartender release.

Again, that has a lot more features but is not of the highest priority just yet.

I would be happy to include any work you have / want to do in it though, as I don't have time to complete it in the near future.

About the Wiki, you should just need to register on it, get approved and then you can create entries.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hell yeah !

Great screen install ^^

I see it's really ugly, know what you meant ;-)

I'll try to do something for you (tomorrow or the day after) and keep you up to date.

Cheers

EDIT : Just to say that I noticed some differences between the ui on firefox and chromium. Which is your hacker browser ?

Firefox. I'm currently running it with backtrack and haven't bothered hacking chrome to run as root.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get this module to work, It looks sick and does function until I search for networks?

I have tried so many things like disableing karma and hostapd, using an alfa NHA to no avail? even went into the wireless config and changed radio1 "NHA" from ap to sta and no luck?

Also I am createing monitor interfaces.

Edited by petertfm

Hi, sorry for the late response.

So petertfm, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

To get a list of ap :

use the network-manager module and change from 'access point' to ad-hoc or client.

Then, go back in the reaver module and try a scan (select the right interface in the list : it is used to scan)

To start an attack :

Start your mon interface (via the button) or select the right one (in the monitored interface list)

In the ap list, click on a row and then, click on the 'start attack' button.

Use auto-refresh and wait for reaver to crack the key (can be long).

If you still have issue, please let me know...

Cheers

Hi, sorry for the late response.

So petertfm, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

To get a list of ap :

use the network-manager module and change from 'access point' to ad-hoc or client.

Then, go back in the reaver module and try a scan (select the right interface in the list : it is used to scan)

To start an attack :

Start your mon interface (via the button) or select the right one (in the monitored interface list)

In the ap list, click on a row and then, click on the 'start attack' button.

Use auto-refresh and wait for reaver to crack the key (can be long).

If you still have issue, please let me know...

Cheers

I am not sure if it's working the right way for me but It says reaver is installed but it is not.

I can see my external alfa card "NHA" but it is red "down" why cant the module bring it up? I have to ssh in and "ifconfig wlan1 up" then it will scan for networks

problem #2 I hit start and nothing happens? I auto refresh the log and nothing? I go to the resource tab in the ui and I don't see reaver running?

I am not sure if it's working the right way for me but It says reaver is installed but it is not.

I can see my external alfa card "NHA" but it is red "down" why cant the module bring it up? I have to ssh in and "ifconfig wlan1 up" then it will scan for networks

problem #2 I hit start and nothing happens? I auto refresh the log and nothing? I go to the resource tab in the ui and I don't see reaver running?

Ok,

First, the interfaces managing is coming (in v0.3 ifconfig up/down)

[EDIT] better to see if the pineapple framework can do this (a common way on all modules). Else I'll implement it in the module :(

Then, for #2, I have a little idea but I'm going to investigate and try to find out what's wrong.

Stay tuned, I'll try to release the fix into the v0.3 asap (with other minor bug-fix)

Cheers

Edited by Hackrylix

It would be great to see this module working by it self but the module doesn't start reaver, I had to click attack target then run the same command via ssh (putty), reaver -i mon0 -b 00:1f:xx:xx:xx:xx -S -a -vv >> /usb/reaver-00:1f:xx:xx:xx:xx.log -D 7

I also changed the log path to usb as it gets very large

reavermoduel.jpg

Edited by kevambert

I have the same problem, but I have the AWUS036H and in my case neither networkmanager nor reaver is able to bring the device up.

same here I dont think reaver is actually running it creates a log file but doesnt fill it with anything

It would be great to see this module working by it self but the module doesn't start reaver, I had to click attack target then run the same command via ssh (putty), reaver -i mon0 -b 00:1f:xx:xx:xx:xx -S -a -vv >> /usb/reaver-00:1f:xx:xx:xx:xx.log -D 7

I also changed the log path to usb as it gets very large

reavermoduel.jpg

I also had problems getting reaver to actually run with this module, it would create a logfile, but the logfile would be empty, and reaver would not be running. However I managed get it working, I'm not sure if this could be related to the reinstall of reaver that I did after the module was installed, but it's running fine with my setup now.

EDIT,

I guess the logfile may should be placed on the USB, and rather symlink'd to the pineapple folder if needed.

Edited by loozr

I upgraded to 2.7 and removed reaver/wash from USB and installed it to the pineapple itself, it runs fine now however I still have to bring wlan0 down and up again, it's a great module

Good to hear!

About bringing wlan0 down and up again, maybe Hackrylix can add that in the next release.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hi everybody,

I'm sorry for not answering faster, I was so busy...

I just upgraded to 2.7.0

The v0.3 is almost ready (just need a little layout modification for our friend "the multi-lowres-screen guy" aka barry ;-) )

It fixes the bug about the launching of the reaver command (found the source) and add the ability to down/up a wlan card (as recently requested ;-))

It will be submitted tomorrow if I find a bit of time to do it.

Sorry again for the lack of follow up, I'm in a very busy period.

Cheers !

PS : The v0.4 will add the possibility to change the log path to usb (as loozr suggests) and clear/delete logs.