Pictures of your rigs at work.

WinstonSmith

Finally... Pix of my school workhorses in class.

dsc01973vr3.jpg

Eisengard...

dsc01975qt0.jpg

Wish this was @ my house!

dsc01974sq9.jpg

Shmartee Kam

dsc01976iy5.jpg

MY RIG! (or at least the one I do my labs on and play with anyhow)

dsc01972sc7.jpg

back side of the rig.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally... Pix of my school workhorses in class.

Eisengard...

Wish this was @ my house!

Shmartee Kam

MY RIG! (or at least the one I do my labs on and play with anyhow)

back side of the rig.

CABLE MANAGEMENT REQUIRED!!

Well, you are quite correct there nullArray, but I forgot to add that there are 2 CCNA2 classes, and I was done with my labs for today when I took the pic.

My checkoff when I get finished (my own checkoff)

uncable EVERYTHING

erase NVRAM, start-config and run-config

shutdown the routers/switches.

I'm not having anyone ride on my work..

(specially cause of the 2 classes I am the one with the best grades/knowledge)

LMFAO Your class reminds me of some of the pics of peoples home setups, Ubber cool but needs a fucking clean! XD

In any case your schools equipment shits bricks all over the old out dated shit we are using. One of these days I may get around to taking a few photo's and posting.

Well all our shit is old ISS department hand me downs, we get so dicked. Speaking of saving I am considering doing that and purchasing a cisco router and a switch hopefully soon-ish *fingers crossed*. I am starting to get annoyed with this 4 students per router bullshit we have got going.

=0 Damnn I think Matt wins hands down. Thats some sweet ass gear you have.

lmfao@Tim I don't think that cat is the type of shit you cable your network with, hoever that could be fun *mental image of someone plugging the tail into a RJ45 socket*

Nice coffee mug there, Matt.

But seriously, people. These racks belong in a chilled room with humidity control, not in the same room with people. The noise is unbearable.

I am working on (hopeing for) some climent control in my wire closet so i can move the servers from the office. right now they are no more than 6 ft behind my desk. and it is annoying when you keep your office at 65 in december really.

I rented the apartment directly below mine to use as office space. This way I can leach off the 50Mbit internet and it makes for an easy commute. Excuse the mess and the bad quality, I used my phone to take these pictures.

Here is my Desk:

IMAGE_121.png

That is 6 22" dell lcd's

The left two screens are my Linux box (opensuse 11.1 32bit on core 2 e7300, 4gb ddr2 800, nvidia 7950GT)

The top middle and top right is my doze machine (xp sp3 32bit on quad core Q6600, 4gb ddr2 1066, ati HD 4850, 300GB WD Velociraptor)

The bottom middle and bottom right is my hackintosh (10.5.6 on core 2 e8500, 4gb ddr2 800, nvidia 8800GTX)

I run synergy to share the single keyboard and mouse with all 3 machines - it also shares my clipboard

(shares over network, you select which machine to control via mouse position, when you hit the edge of one monitor it will auto-switch to the next computer - very cool stuff http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/)

Keyboard is a Das Keyboard, 2nd gen, blank keys, mouse is a Logitech G9

Here is my 2nd desk, behind me

IMAGE_122.png

That is where I work on customer machines, in the picture is a customers Sony that I just reformatted. That is one of my laptops, its a travelmate 6292

Here is my business partners rig

IMAGE_126.png

One machine, 3 22" samsung LCD's, I don't recall his specs but I am pretty sure he spent around 5k on the hardware. He runs Vista sp1 32bit.

This is my administrative assistants desk - above it is our 50" samsung plasma flanked by Niles speakers, above the center channel is a Wii bar :)

IMAGE_125.png

Now for the rack:

IMAGE_124.png

From the top:

24 port D-link GB switch

Cable modem (comcast business class, 50mb down 10 mb up, no speed boost, no meter)

Cisco 1805 Router

Xbox 360, Wii

Yamaha RX-V663 A/V receiver

Panamax M5300-PM Power Center

Velocity Micro Media Center (win7 beta 32bit on Quad Q9550, 4GB DDR2 1066, nvida 9800GTX, dual ATI Digital Cable Tuners w/ Comcast digital cable cards)

Custom Windows Home Server (quad q6600, 4GB DDR 1066, 4x 1TB, 3x 1.5 TB HDD's = 9.5TB storage array - case is expandable to 20 total HDDs)

I think I just geek-asmed..... thats AWESOME. quick question, whats the monthly electric bill?

also, the 360, is taht for gaming or for a media server?

hah, honestly I am not 100% sure what the electric bill is here, my admin does the bills/books. I know it more then doubles in the summer for the AC which has to work very hard 24/7 to keep the temp in check. Even during the winter (im in minneapolis) I have to keep the door/window open quite often and I rarely touch the heat.

As for the 360, we use it for gaming and messing with - it has hacked DVD drive firmware. Also the wii has a D2C Wii Key soldered into it. We have the velocity media center we use for media, I have both xbmc installed and of course windows media center - which I use for TV/DVR via the HD cable cards.

2iuqovm.jpg

Seeing as i am a student i'd just post my computer i do all my work on

On the right is my main desktop

CPU: Amd Am2 6000+

RAM: 4 Gb of OCZ Platinum DDR 2 6400

Graphics Card: Ati Sapphire 3870 HD 512MB

Mobo: Asus M2R32-MVP

500Gb Segate SataII HDD.

Case: Enermax Ubuer Chakra

and on the left is my MSI Wind U90x

both using my 22" Samsung SyncMaster T220 Monitor

My black keyboard and mouse are Logitech Cordless Desktop EX110 Combo

And white keyboard is a Macally, white mouse is a Logitech no model name lol

thats all

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus, that apartment office is crazy!

Here's my desk at the office:

bwoffice.jpg

From right to left:

Dell Inspiron | Company issued vista development machine, dual 19" screens, used mostly for sql, crystal reports, email, "web research" and youtube.

Macbook | Personal machine, used for graphic & web development, video editing, pandora and vimeo.

Dell Mini | Company owned Hackintosh running Mac OSX for MSI Wind. Currently used as a stock ticker.

All three laptops are connected with Synergy (pc) / SynergyKM (mac). Hoping to swap the Dell Inspiron out for a Mac Pro as soon as I can convince the Boss to let the IT Dept go Mac. :D (wish me luck)

Well, I can't say much for our 'rigs' at school. They are all either Cheap-ass Dell's (The thinnest older model Optiplex 740s) which Dell don't even sell anymore (and those are the newer machines) and then we have a few machines from 'Research Machines' Which are really, really bad. But at home, I have:

Custom PC:

Intel Q6600 @2.4GHz

4GB DDR3 @ 166/667/1333

ATI Radeon HD3870X2 1GB

Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

2X500GB HDD @ 7200RPM

22inch 60Hz GeneriMonitor (1680x1050)

Windows Vista Home Premium

Asus EEE PC 900:

Intel Celeron-M 900MHz

1GB DDR 2 166/333/667

4GB OnBoard SSD, 16GB miniPCI SSD

9inch Monitor (1024x600)

Windows XP Professional Enterprise, Backtrack 3

Macbook Pro Unibody (Late '08):

Intel T9400 @ 2.53GHz

4GB RAM (1066MT/s)

nVidia 9400M 256MB (Shared), nVidia 9600M GT 512MB (GDDR3)

320GB HDD @ 5400RPM

15inch Monitor (1440x900)

Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6, Windows Vista Home Premium

I will try and get pictures up, eventually.