COD 4 vs. COD 5

Apollo

Alright, I just dropped some money on a new gaming PC and I was wondering which one of the Call of Duty games would be the best investment in terms of people online and longevity of online play. I have COD 4 for the PS3 and have played COD 5 so I don't need to know which one is better I like them both but I would like to know which one has the most people online and which one will stay around longer.

Alright, I just dropped some money on a new gaming PC and I was wondering which one of the Call of Duty games would be the best investment in terms of people online and longevity of online play. I have COD 4 for the PS3 and have played COD 5 so I don't need to know which one is better I like them both but I would like to know which one has the most people online and which one will stay around longer.

COD4 is fucking EZ mode. It's so popular because all these shitty casual players want shit to be easy as possible.

COD5 is actually more difficult, more/harder recoil, less wall spray, etc.

It's your call really. Most idiot casual players said COD5 sucked, which it doesn't. They were looking for an EASIER cod game, and they didn't get it. COD4 has little to no recoil, every shot goes through a fucking wall, sound is fucked, movement is iffy...

whatever.

I think you should go for CoDWaW, just because its the newer one. I still have a lot of fun on both, and the dynamics are almost identical. I did find it quite unusual that Treyarch thought the natural evolution was dogs to helicopters rather than some kind of, I dunno, plane? But CoD5 has vehicles in it (mainly tanks) in multiplayer. It also has a more 'real' aspect to it (explosions and shotguns blow you apart, with limbs flying everywhere), and you will find most of everything else the same. The campaign is longer in Call of Duty 5, but only by a few hours. There are some situations which are much more difficult than anything in Call of Duty 4, not to give too much away but you find yourself using an AA gun against infantry for a long and drawn out period of time where you are close to death much too often (<- I couldn't complete that mission in Hard mode). Oh and to the best of my knowledge, the PC version of CoD5 has prestige mode this time (finally), so no we can obsess about that too, just like the console gamers :D .

and to clinch the deal, the campaign ends with nazi zombies!

CoD5 didn't bring a whole lot of new things to the table. Fun game. Good graphics and zombie mode is fun. After finishing playing it though I didn't have the same feeling about it that I did after I finished playing CoD4.

Kyle 2.0, agreed, CoD4 was a bit more Epic, and it really did feel like you were up against it, I think it was because of the voice acting and the fact that you got to familiarise yourself with your AI team, which didn't really happen in CoD5 (They all died too fast), so it really sucked when they all died at the end, but when main characters die in CoD5, its like, 'meh, someone else will replace them fast enough'.

Kyle 2.0, agreed, CoD4 was a bit more Epic, and it really did feel like you were up against it, I think it was because of the voice acting and the fact that you got to familiarise yourself with your AI team, which didn't really happen in CoD5 (They all died too fast), so it really sucked when they all died at the end, but when main characters die in CoD5, its like, 'meh, someone else will replace them fast enough'.

totally agree with your second point....you feel much more part of a team on COD4 (although this obviously is changed in multiplayer...)

however i am also agreed with the view that COD4 is a game which is easily masterable...as oppossed to COD5

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to get on the pro side of things get CoD4. CoD:WaW has no competitive edge to it at all. The maps are way to big and the guns are unbalanced.

COD4 is fucking EZ mode. It's so popular because all these shitty casual players want shit to be easy as possible.

COD5 is actually more difficult, more/harder recoil, less wall spray, etc.

To be frank, that's bull crap. You must be playing in the 24/7 Crossfire servers where only noobs go. If you play on the pro servers that run the "DAMN:MW" or "PROMOD4" mods it takes a heck of allot more skill and thinking then cod5. You cant just spray or run around like an idiot or you will get owned by people who know how to aim.

In my opinion Treyarch did a horrible job on WaW. Dont think that i have not given it a chance, i played 15+ hours in the beta then 10+ more for each "patch" that came out. Keep in mind that the patches did not fix anything that the players wanted. I could go on for hours about it but I think I will stop here.

If you guys want some IP for some good servers let me know and I will put a list together.

John "T850" Oliver

Manager of Team Chevron

One thing I do not like about CoD5 is that you can't get skins for you guns, so it makes it pointless to do head shots challenges. The dogs will also rape you bad. Tanks are hard to kill. BUT your body parts can get blown off so CoD5 FTW. They also added more ranks but just put in a bunch of crappy perks to make it feel like you are getting something, like shades witch is pointless.

well I can't run COD: WOW right now so I'm not so sure how it is but my friend told me it wasn't so much fun cuz it gets a bit annoying by the end of the game and apparently the multilayer isin't so much fun.

The only reason I think I would buy it is for the co-op or for my history class.

Well the only thing I liked in COD4 is the sniper mission because you can experience the feeling of being a sniper in his environment and also that you have to wait for the best call for the best results and also that you can experience the breaching techniques they use in the army today.

But COD: WOW is the total opposite, you can be almost any class you want during the missions, the only thing you do to go in a building is to rush for it and kill anyone in your way but I have to admit it that COD:WOW has a good story line and that I personally like the new weapons and their new recoils, quality...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of CoD 5. I absolutely hated CoD 3 and 4, enjoyed 1 and 2 but really love 5. On a side note, I still believe Unreal Tournament is the greatest FPS ever made.