spammed forums?

silentknight329

It fluxuates from time to time, but yeah, the more popular you are, the more you will get. There used to be a mod on the SMF forums where you couldn't post links under a certian post count, but sadly does't exist on these forums(yet). If you see spam, click the report button at the bottom left side of the post.

I deleted all the ones I found... Fun coming home and expecting comments on the new ep... instead I get to see vaginas and cocks :)

BTW, thanks so much for reporting the ones that you've found. The user who posted that shit is banned, and I deleted the posts that ya'll reported.

I deleted all the ones I found... Fun coming home and expecting comments on the new ep... instead I get to see vaginas and cocks :)

BTW, thanks so much for reporting the ones that you've found. The user who posted that shit is banned, and I deleted the posts that ya'll reported.

Tell me about it.........I was eating a bacon roll when i saw all that :(

I think some forum mods are in order, and maybe a captcha as well as maybe supspending new accounts until a fix is in place. Mabye a bit drastic to stop new accounts, but h eother stuff needs to be in place.

You missed a handful. Should go through the posts of the user, not just stumbled around for them. <3 IPB

Actually, Famicoman, I did. It seems he posted 14 more at 10:18 pm (his time). As well as deleted all posts by said member, I also deleted the ones i received in my inbox from other ppl. Appreciate the assumation though :) <3<3<3

Or if they are posting with the same ip, unlikely, then just do an IP ban and have a page that tells users that if your ip is within that range contact yada@hak5.org to get your ip taken off the list? Seems easier and less gay then captchas and banning words

IP bans usually end up blocking dhcp leased addresses from the ISP - very sloppy and will not stop someone determined.

IP bans fail where i live because everyone steals wifi to spam bad stuff. I would love to get hold of these retards that post that sort of crap. Images should definitely be filtered though swearing doesn't bother me unless it's being used to actively attack another forum member.

IP bans usually end up blocking dhcp leased addresses from the ISP - very sloppy and will not stop someone determined.

Yeah, that's true. However, an automatic and istantaneous IP ban forces the spammer to request another address from the ISP, a very annoying feature that slow down the spamming. (IMHO)

Yeah, that's true. However, an automatic and istantaneous IP ban forces the spammer to request another address from the ISP, a very annoying feature that slow down the spamming. (IMHO)

but what happen when a innocent person gets that banned dynamic IP from their ISP, then they would feel that they were banned for no reason from the forums