USB Hacks | I've registered and now I can't see it?

VaKo

Want to share the real reason or are you just going to keep being like this?

You are a fucking idiot.  You people call this guy a n00b, but yet your too stupid to see that he has basically quadrupled the amount of traffic to his site.

Wow.  He is clearly gaining tons of traffic due to it.  Now that guy is fucking smart.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'm confused, he's defending you, why are you flaming him?

Because he thinks I am doing it to leech traffic. He has got it all wrong, I am just trying to provide a new board to discuss USB Hacking.

Its like someone saying -

"you screwed yourself for that, wow your smart as hell".

Some forums I have been on have been harsh to everyone new I see on there, and even for the regulars, they tend to act like asses to each other, like as if it somehow validates their level of liteness. Hak5 seems to usually do a pretty good job of squashing that pretty quickly and making the effort to steer people into the right direction for their questions and lead them to the answer with minimal snide remarks

How true. That type of childish behaviour is directly proportional to the maturity level of many of the regulars in those forums. All in all I think Hak5 has a fairly decent number of regulars that genuinely try to help out. A small minority of aggressive idiots are really just unloading their own frustration of social inadequacy in a "safe" anonymous setting like the internet. I suspect that in the real world they have many issues to work out.

I say raise the min post to 25 or 50.  Now i enjoy USB hacks, they're fun in my opinion.  However I do agree that it attracts some of then people who type there posts "liek Th1S!!!" (and are not joking while doing so) or "dudez i l0st my P4ss and N33d to H4X0r 1t, PLZ H3LP M3". That being said i am more then happy to teach someone on the basics, but just dont try to trick us with your "I dont remember my hotmail password" shit, and dont make more threds, just PM someone and ask intelligent questions. However 16 posts in my mind will just make people spam/make pointless posts in other areas.  Like "yeh i taolly 4Gr33 m4N" posts,  I say raise the min to 25 or 50, that why most people wont bother unless they really are into all the topics on the forum and hopefully* people who just want access wont have enough will power to post 25 or 50 spam replies, make the section something to earn.  I hate censorship as much as the next guy, however i think this is a good middle ground.

Just my thoughts...  :-P

btw,

Us and Them == Great Pink Floyd Song;

To be honest the only reason I joined this forum was to be on the USB hacks sections, however now that I'm hanging aorund more (I don't post unless I feel I have something good to say.) I'm beginning to like this forum. It's much less n00b-ish compared to K0h for instance.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok all of the shit I have done put aside.

Ban this guy - http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?action=profile;u=9678

This is a PERFECT example of why we should not have the posts limit, he flamed my posts and others posts just so he could get into the USB Hacks board, I would rather have people not posting than posting bullshit like this -

coding is for n00bs

Hate me or love me, if you do not realize this is a problem then I do not know what to say.

Ok all of the shit I have done put aside.

Ban this guy - http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?action=profile;u=9678

This is a PERFECT example of why we should not have the posts limit, he flamed my posts and others posts just so he could get into the USB Hacks board, I would rather have people not posting than posting bullshit like this -

coding is for n00bs

Hate me or love me, if you do not realize this is a problem then I do not know what to say.

This is actually a perfect example of why we should have post limits to access the USB Hacks board, Possibly even higher limits. The point of having a post limit is to keep people like this from that board to try and rescue it from the state it has gone to, currently the way I see it there is nothing new being developed in the USB Hacks just people wanting to know how to hack their schools, work places and such.

People like PpImPP obviously have nothing worthwhile to add to that section and therefore should be kept out (at least from posting), If someone has something worthwhile to add to the USB Hacks then it is quite likely that they would have something to add to this community and thus having a minimum post count would draw them into other parts of the community where they may like to help out. As you would have seen the moderators have done a good job in dealing with PpImPP, They have deleted all of his post's and banned him, However what I have noticed is many people have quoted PpImPP to simply flame him, their replies are just as productive as his initial post, in my opinion it would be better to simply click the report to moderator link explain why you think his post is inappropriate and let the moderators asses the situation to take appropriate action.

I have been around these forums for a while, I may not bring much to the community but I bring what I can, some of you may hate me while others may like me but from my experience in this community I have found the moderators to be fair and when I ask a question the answers to be of use. The USB Hacks section has already shown improvement since this new post limit being put in place and if we continue along the path we are on I can see it getting back to a stage where someone will come up with something new and interesting. Removing the post limit is not a solution to stop people trying to gain access because it will end up dragging this community down further, if the moderators continue to do their job then the people who want access will have to post something of worth elsewhere in the forums. I do realise the USB Hacks section is a problem but with proper moderation we can bring it back to an acceptable level.

Actually, edit here..

Instead of postcount, why not create a separate group and only people who belong to that group can see it.  That way you have to get your blessing fron an Admin who will can do a sanity check on you first.

I actually like this idea much better than the post count, although it would be a lot of work initially considering there are almost 7000 members...

Actually, edit here..

Instead of postcount, why not create a separate group and only people who belong to that group can see it.  That way you have to get your blessing fron an Admin who will can do a sanity check on you first.

I actually like this idea much better than the post count, although it would be a lot of work initially considering there are almost 7000 members...

Way way way to much overhead on that idea I'm afraid. Really would cause the administration side of things to grind to a halt within days. At the moment we're not getting to many people posting crap just to get access to the place and what we do get is moderated away to the Special Place. I'm guessing most people who we're/I'm trying to dissuaded from joining are either off at K1u's forum (and with my blessing) or elsewhere. The people who are joining since the rules went up seem to be more interested in the other stuff that happens here. Also, it takes time for people to become sufficiently well known before value judgments can be made, 16 posts min plays into this. I will admit there is plenty of room for changes and adjustments, and I'm still interested in hearing peoples ideas.

It is a nice idea, but in my mind the USB hacks thing has kinda run its course now, nothing that exciting about what it was producing to counter the hostility it was causing. By setting it to 16 posts or more to post, and allowing guests to still read it, hopefully interest will level off and we can focus on new things.

Most of them were USB hackers who jumped in to post once or twice... But I have a compromise lined up, we run the 16 posts thing but setup a group which gives people with less than 16 posts full access to USB hacks. Then, on the odd occasion that someone needs access to USB hacks before 16 posts, admins and mods can grant access.

Congrats to Gonzor! I think he will do a good job...