Halo 3 launch madness

Darren Kitchen

I think it's silly, the way people go about the release of new stuff. But to each their own of course.

The guy rushed out and into the car because he found himself surrounded by a lot of gamer geeks who were aching to get their hands on his recently acquired game. He must've felt threatened. And seriously, who wouldn't? :)

I actually heard Halo 3 was good compared to the other two.  Needless to say, Ii've never taken the time to go out and buy an X-box 360 for those games... Awesome video, absolutely hilarious! 

metalchief.jpg

That is what the pranksters at MIT got up to LOL. Found it on digg.

Was that photoshopped or actually put up in place of the statue? Either way, pretty cool.

I've heard tons of people saying it was a great game...

My little brother got it the first day and already beat it.  He said it was the best of the three so far...  Do you guys agree?

Wess got it and I've spent a few hours watching him play. It looks beautiful and I've got to say the AI's creativity in fighting is some of the best I've seen. There are a ton of little things that will make you laugh. On top of that its absolutely gorgeous in HD.

Oh and and flood are nasty little creepy things that remind me of the headcrabs in HL.

My little brother got it the first day and already beat it.  He said it was the best of the three so far...  Do you guys agree?

I don't think it matches the first one. In the way of innovation of course.

Not to flame but I don't think the first one was all that innovative. Then again I'm a bit bias coming from the PC platform. We've had Halo killers for years before the xbox was even conceived. I will however give it credit for bringing the FPS genre to the unwashed masses. I'll even go as far as to say Halo was the Goldeneye of the myspace generation.

I don't think it matches the first one. In the way of innovation of course.

Not to flame but I don't think the first one was all that innovative. Then again I'm a bit bias coming from the PC platform. We've had Halo killers for years before the xbox was even conceived. I will however give it credit for bringing the FPS genre to the unwashed masses. I'll even go as far as to say Halo was the Goldeneye of the myspace generation.

Completely agree. PC has always beena  step ahead, Halo kinda evened the playing field after the GE craze ended.

I don't want it to sound like I hate FPS on console, because I don't. In fact, the console has something over the PC when it comes to the FPS genre. It's the party factor and barrier to entry. If I wanted to have a 4 player fragfest in my dorm doom I'd need 4 beefy computers on a LAN, where as with console it's a simple likely under $500 for the hardware, controllers, and game. Throw that on a TV, grab some beer, and pile on the couch.

PC just can't touch that. Then again with a PC you can double jump off a lift with a flack cannon and get 3 kills doing a 360 before you even land on the mega damage....

...just sayin'

Ive ALWAYS, ALWAYS been with the console for two resones. like darren said, you don't have to spend so much money to play with others, and you don't have to upgrade every time a new generation of games come out. I remember when 1 ghz 1 moniter was "THE THING" now every one has 8 cores, GHZ up the butt and 22 moniters.