Pictures Of You!

melodic

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm - if the picture is true, I think that unclejim is only a little older than me! I must admit that I feel like a daddy here (in terms of age) when I see that images of others here and the TV episodes that the guys produce.

My first PC was a BBC Acorn (in the early 1980s) which had 32MB of RAM and plugged into the back of a TV. I don't remember any of the other specs. Programs were loaded from a cassette tape recorder and data was saved to the cassette. Oh, how things have changed!

Yes, it's rude. But I'll tell you anyway. Just kidding. I'm 51. My first computer was a Commodore 64. I was on the Internet before there were all these pretty pictures. You had to piece together programs to get on. You really had to want it to get on in those days.

My 29 years are starting to feel more middle-of-the-pack again. Nice, thank you. :P

And my compliments on picking such a cool Avatar.

Thanks. I use it on the Opie and Anthony message boards. Lots of these guys (and girl) won't know who it is. (Hint: "Helter Skelter") Edit: damn, I hope I got this corrected before anybody saw it. I'm not senile.

sick, huh?

its just rather intriguing that one would choose such an avatar for one's self. Sick? No, I don't think so.

I don't really know everything about this character other than he was conceived to be an evil person in most people's eyes and a "God" in other's eyes.

[quote="moonlit

32k?

Yes, come to think of it, it might have been 32k, rather than 32MB. It's so long ago! In some ways, I just wish I'd kept it. Who knows, it might have been worth something now even though it stopped working within about 5 years.

It had to be 32K. I think at that time a Meg was a mythical measurement of memory that we could only dream about.

Hey Manuel, Don't overthink it. In college, I was told more than once I looked like the dude. So I kind of ran with it. It just gets attention and starts conversations.

I hang out a lot on the Opie and Anthony message boards. If you're not over the top over there, you never get noticed.

I don't really know everything about this character other than he was conceived to be an evil person in most people's eyes and a "God" in other's eyes.

Well he did have a load of people murdered including a pregnant woman, so most people are probably right.

Well he did have a load of people murdered including a pregnant woman, so most people are probably right.

I knew that -- one of the few things in American History that I actually paid attention to, while I was in High School.

I guess he intrigues me because he was so obviously a loser - spent most of his life in and out of jail. Yet he was still able to exert enough influence over a group of people to convince them to kill just because he said so. That's got to be the ultimate definition of charisma.