How to get into disallowed drives at school

ynt4xe770r

It depends, back when I was 18 I wanted to take a look around a construction site (new court building in my old home town) and take some photo's. I could of broken in (ie wait till they've gone home and fence jump). But I asked the site manager instead. He said sure, gave me a hard hat and took me around. You'd be suprised how open some people can actually be.

My long-winded, vauge point being that if your caught "hacking" at school, you are fucked.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when has the law ever applied to internal school discipline? Do you have a right to representation, the right to appeal or to see any evidence against you if a teacher decides you pissed them off in class and punishes you? Do you have the right to a jury of your peers and to present your side of the story? No.

Hell, some kids got suspended recently for just *looking* at a myspace profile the school had decreed as offensive. You have very few “legal†rights as a student if the case stays internal to the school.

What happens is the teacher marches you to the principle, says you’ve been hacking the school computers. We all know what the uneducated think a hacker is...

I agree with you VaKo 100%. At are school there pretty soft on the whole thing because basically everyone trys as well as the fact that the technitions are dumb if they see you doing somthing that you shouldnt they just tell you to log off and go then you come back the next day. Although in 5 years me and my friends havnt really got any far all we can do is access the internet when they have disabled it and open solitare.

scimech have you tryed typing file://C:/windows/system32/command.exe in word (it creates a hyperlink) that used to work for us to access cmd.

P.s file://C:/windows/system32/sol.exe is solitare its great for boring classes lol

When I was still in school, the teacher of our UNIX classes told us there's a file in root's home directory. If you somehow provide him with the contents of that file and tell him how you did it, you'd get extra credit for his course.

Mind you, he did his best to keep the box as secure as he could, and nobody in my class managed to get in deep enough. It was a pretty cool challenge regardless.

Big national ISP XS4ALL has (well... had when I was with them a couple of years ago) something similar too. They've got a box setup on their network in a way similar to their other boxen, but it's not really used (so bang away, you won't disrupt anything). If you manage to hack the box and tell them how you did it, you'd get a full years worth of free internet.

Not everybody is out to get you when you want to be a hacker...

probalby the easist way to get access to the file is to use some kind of hardware keylogger, at least thats what i would have done, braking in to a system isn't just related to software stuff, if the hardware is comprimised, you may as well have no software security at all.

ok 1 you cannot perform a net adduser if you arnt admin on NAY windwos, so don't try. As for gettign in gtopble, I ran a linux live coped sam and system and cracked. GOt 3 days suspention and loss of comptuer privlages (highschool). I'm just curious as to y u need ot acess "drivers" (thats waht you called your post). As for C, our school blocks C and cmd.exe. However, if u do file new text. type in start command.com save and chage were it says text file to all files and save it with ehte .bat extention. DOuble click it, and you have access to the hdd. You can do stuff with the dir command (google it). Unfortuantly, native command.com does NOT have the "get" command (or I donno how to use it) and cmd.exe is blocked. I tired havign comamnd run it, but to no avail.. As for Ie, find wehre in the regestry that driver sitts. THen wrtie a c++ program that will use the windows api funcition call to edit regestres. Im not sure, but I think non-admins only cant use regedit to edit the regestres, not blockign the regestres themselfs

Come on Faith +1.......do you have kids bro? Imagine that someone on the internet gave your son/daughters the tools needed to commit a crime, one that could damage his/her chances at getting into a college or receiving financial aid? Would you appreciate it? Would you still feel the same way as your posts suggests?

Have any of you thought that perhaps this protected drive is where teachers store tests and keep grade sheets? I'm not accusing scimech of cheating or altering his grades but just trying to get you guys to think a little. I know some of you have kids, would you still feel the same about giving this information if it was used against you or your kids? Maybe you guys are all uber-1337 and above being hacked....

I know I'll get a little flamage for this post but I don't care. I am just a big boy scout I guess. You know...the only thing that has stuck with me from my parochial school days is the Golden Rule.

Oh and Faith +1......I don't speed and I do my best not to break any laws. Oh and I use the word criminal in the same manner that lawyers do...to differeniate between civil and criminal things. Anything you do that is illegal is criminal. Just thought I would clarify since someone posted that they didn't know tresspassing was a criminal offense.

I hope scimech takes Vakko's advice and just asks the sysadmin why the drive is restricted. It may be easier to beg forgiveness rather than ask permission today, but what about tomorrow?

Come on Faith +1.......do you have kids bro? Imagine that someone on the internet gave your son/daughters the tools needed to commit a crime, one that could damage his/her chances at getting into a college or receiving financial aid? Would you appreciate it? Would you still feel the same way as your posts suggests?

Have any of you thought that perhaps this protected drive is where teachers store tests and keep grade sheets? I'm not accusing scimech of cheating or altering his grades but just trying to get you guys to think a little. I know some of you have kids, would you still feel the same about giving this information if it was used against you or your kids? Maybe you guys are all uber-1337 and above being hacked....

I know I'll get a little flamage for this post but I don't care. I am just a big boy scout I guess. You know...the only thing that has stuck with me from my parochial school days is the Golden Rule.

Oh and Faith +1......I don't speed and I do my best not to break any laws. Oh and I use the word criminal in the same manner that lawyers do...to differeniate between civil and criminal things. Anything you do that is illegal is criminal. Just thought I would clarify since someone posted that they didn't know tresspassing was a criminal offense.

I hope scimech takes Vakko's advice and just asks the sysadmin why the drive is restricted. It may be easier to beg forgiveness rather than ask permission today, but what about tomorrow?

Not that it is any of your business but I do have a child. Heres the difference - Im not giving them the tools and or keys to attempt something. Just cautioning them if they choose to do it, to ensure as much as they can that they do not get caught. I dont know where I fall categorically where when I was told I cant do something, I did it anyway or I did my best to prove someone that I could do something. I do not believe I would be in the minority with my age group.

For you to say that you dont speed is naive, try your best not to break the law more believable. Not to mention you can get a ticket in California for impeding traffic which would mean if you are going the speed limit impeding the traffic you would be breaking the law as an officer may perceive it. The funny thing was - a friend of mine got a ticket for speeding, then another for impeding in the same day. He wasnt very happy that day.

Sorry to mistake Felony, Misdemeanor, and Criminal. Since I was meaning the severity of the crime not that a crime had been committed. :roll:

Asking would be the most direct way. Use a little bit of common sense when asking things. Dont just jump right in and ask exactly what you want. Do a bit of searching as to how the tech will respond, and always let them show you something. Build up a rapport with them and you can then go to them about any other questions you have.

• 2 weeks later...

A peice of freeware called LanDiscovery will automatically detect all connected LAN devices and allow open access to the schools network. READ, WRITE, you name it, you got it.

I am still waiting for my school to patch this error, after I told them that it was a vulnerability. I guess the admin is really lazy, or just stupid.

I forgot something...

If you can't get access to the C: drive, put in a floppy disk or something similar that you can write to.

Then create a shortcut that points to the C: drive. I can't tell you oftent this has worked for me. It will work most of the time.

Once you have access to that, you could also bring in LanDiscovery on a floppy and mess around from there.

Have fun, but don't do anything stupid!

No its ok im using firefox to get in a teacher came up to me (N00B teacher and he says whats that i said its a game he said ohh cool what a n00b lol)

hahahahaha we have teachers like that at my school lol

but some of them learnd what alt + tab does too :roll:

Yeah but its a junior high the only teachers who know stuff are computer teachers. Dudes you know what pissed me off today i was tell my friend that you can have windows 95,98 on a psp he says cool and whatnot. Now this n00b starts saying HOW HUH i tell him calmy then hes like huh so i tell it to him in n00b and he starts saying your an idiot you cant have windows on a psp then i say yes you can you first have to downgrade then he says youre a nerd man then i say youre a n00b oh and thats nothing compared to this a kid in class every time he wants to play this dled game he reinstalls it WHAT A NOOB click on the icon. can you all share some of youre experiences with noobs to.

Yeah but its a junior high the only teachers who know stuff are computer teachers. Dudes you know what pissed me off today i was tell my friend that you can have windows 95,98 on a psp he says cool and whatnot. Now this n00b starts saying HOW HUH i tell him calmy then hes like huh so i tell it to him in n00b and he starts saying your an idiot you cant have windows on a psp then i say yes you can you first have to downgrade then he says youre a nerd man then i say youre a n00b oh and thats nothing compared to this a kid in class every time he wants to play this dled game he reinstalls it WHAT A NOOB click on the icon. can you all share some of youre experiences with noobs to.

Please retype that, it's quite hard to read, at least add more punctuation.

use paint,

i know it sounds off, but i know the way you kids think (i was onyl at school 3 years ago and now im a network admin) but if you click open on paint and type c: and hit enter, you should be able to see your c partition. I dont know what you want to do with it, but cmd is in system 32 i think, or it might be system. either way, you can launch your command prompt from there and start nmapping all you want.

Just dont get caught. If your admins are anything like me then you will have hell to pay.

What im saying is, make shure your admin is not a BOFH,

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure the person is quite aware of the morals behind doing what he/she is doing at this point.

If you insist on doing this, the best method to get DATA off a drive would be through a CD live distro, like knoppix. You can either put the data on the local/public network, or onto a flash drive.

If you are interested in screwing around with the integrity of the computer's functions.. might aswell just treat it like crap anyway, but there's a reason why that's secure; also since its really immature to make mspaint backgrounds containing cuss words and other tagged-like pictures.

With DOS oriented systems, most protection classes can be overridden with a cleverly constructed boot disk. Simply boot the system off a command.com and configuration files contained on a customized boot disk, and in most cases sub-windows level protection programs won't boot; However stupid protection programs will boot (the ones that are told to boot as part of settings in the registry's Startup area).

Either way, if its protected, its meant to not be touched with. If you really want to play around, why don't you sign up for an internship or something to learn how these things work, with the amnesty of the school to be able to do whatever you want legally with permission.

not sure if this has been said, but this is how i would do it (and do at my school)

open up your folder and do the following

file

new shortcut

command (not cmd, cmd will be blocked)

and there u go, and older version of cmd that windows doesn't auto block

not sure if this has been said, but this is how i would do it (and do at my school)

open up your folder and do the following

file

new shortcut

command (not cmd, cmd will be blocked)

and there u go, and older version of cmd that windows doesn't auto block

My friend done something like that. He created a shortcut that pointed to the $users directory (where everyones user folder and files are stored) and is now able to gain access to everyones files.